Review Freo d Melbourne by 54 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

My memories of Ibbo shooting for goal are usually things of nightmares, it was not one of his strengths albeit that he nailed one on the weekend. I can do without yet another unreliable kick for goal.

Johnno on the other hand seems to go alright when kicking for goal.
When I saw Ibbo up forward on Sunday, all I could remember was that set shot he missed not too far out and almost directly in front against Carlton in the last minutes. Thankfully Cam Wood effed it up and put it down Lachie's throat who then kicked the winning goal.

I don't normally take too much of my wife's Footy advice - but her theory on Fremantle's lack of brutalising weak teams comes from our own entrenched history of brutalisation at the hands of the opposition.

Knowing what it's like to be on the end of weekly massacres; maybe it doesn't feel so good for us to make our opponents walk back to their club rooms with their heads cast down in shame and humiliation after a 100 point drumming.

What do women know though?

We seemed to take delight in it in 2013...so I think your wife could just be 100% wrong...maybe 105% wrong. Your question now is...do you go for the easy points and shoot her down?

R20: Freo 157 Def GWS 44
R21: Freo 133 Def Melb 38
R22: Freo 134 Def Port 60

We seemed to take delight in it in 2013...so I think your wife could just be 100% wrong...maybe 105% wrong. Your question now is...do you go for the easy points and shoot her down?

R20: Freo 157 Def GWS 44
R21: Freo 133 Def Melb 38
R22: Freo 134 Def Port 60
s**t, I totally forgot we were capable of wins like that!

I watched the game again and I still think we were pretty ordinary after half time but was obvious we had the brakes on. And there was some bad skill errors as Ross alluded to during his presser.

I think it was more that it was the last home game of the year so i would love to have seen us really bring it home with style for the fans but RTB doesn't work that way. Its all geared toward the real season.

I thought DeBoer was very good as was D Pearce and Suban. Its always about how these guys go against better opposition though.
Zac D was great. I just love the way he always gives his opponent something to think about on the way down. Such a smiling baby faced assassin!

I thought Michie was pretty good for them too. He's definitely a decent AFL player if not a great one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back