Let the cobblers do the cobbling
Sep 6, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Leeds Utd FC
Hi all,

I am a long time lurker and occasional poster. Apologies for starting a new thread, I understand that a thread on a similar topic has previously been created, unfortunately I have been unable to find it.

I have recently relocated to Brisbane for work and I am looking for a sports bar/club/location to watch the upcoming Derby with fellow Freo supporters. Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I am a long time lurker and occasional poster. Apologies for starting a new thread, I understand that a thread on a similar topic has previously been created, unfortunately I have been unable to find it.

I have recently relocated to Brisbane for work and I am looking for a sports bar/club/location to watch the upcoming Derby with fellow Freo supporters. Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks!
The Pineapple hotel in Kangaroo Point/Gabba is Brisbane's (Self Proclaimed) best AFL pub. probably not far off the money as I have only occasionally been let down when conflicting games are on. Sunday Arvo should be safe. Unfortunately I am not in Brisbane to join you this weekend.

Hi all,

Thanks!

The Pineapple is usually a reliable pub to catch any game of the weekend with a good range of beer and you're more likely to come across fellow Freo fans. The Aussie Nash (Australian National) around the other side of the Gabba on the Stanley Street side is also pretty good and can usually grab a cheaper beer if you drink Carlton and will generally have both games on a Saturday playing. Generally if you stick to the South Side you should usually be able to find a pub with 1/2 games of AFL on at all times (although it can be a painful experience if Brisbane are playing later on, especially if it's Collingwood, Richmond or Carlton. I would say Hawthorn but they haven't been up here in 7 years).

As for the North side I have an arrangement with the manager at the Newmarket where if he sees me coming he puts the Freo game on one of the TVs if it's not already on. It's in the heart of Brisbane Bronco territory so you don't usually get too much conflict with other AFL games and there's 4-5 TV's so it's very rare that it'd clash with other codes. Other than that you won't find too many places that are certain to have the footy on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back