Fyfe out for two - Periositis

Remove this Banner Ad

f.u...s.mitchell.
I too have some dollars on our boy for chas,but would gladly forfeit for the bigger picture.
mr.r. crowley let down his club,team,and fans with a stupid decision....I firmly believe that ryan will step forward to come back. and bring his "special"style of playing to somewhat,repay the club and his teamates for standing by him,I think he will come back,send his oppo players into a freaking crying,screaming messes,go full on boonta on mitchell,,create havoc and then some,,,and then possibly retire..I hope not,I miss creepy!

Priddis 37 touches in round 21
Shuey 31 touches and a goal
JK 7 goals

Who'll poll 3 votes from that list?

I'm thinking JK 3,shuey 2,Priddis 1.

I don't put much weight or thought on the Brownlow, but that's the thing this year. Shuey has had a very good year and played in ways that will get noticed, maybe not quite as much as Priddis but close. Josh has kicked lots of goals and that will draw a vote or two along the way too. That will pull votes away from Priddis that he would otherwise have got last year.

However, the Eagles have won lots of games and lots of them by big margins - that tends to draw extra votes too so they'll have more to go around than last year too (if that makes sense). Will be an interesting Brownlow medal count this year for sure.

Periostitis, also known as periostalgia, is a medical condition caused by inflammation of the periosteum, a layer of connective tissue that surrounds bone.[1] The condition is generally chronic, and is marked by tenderness and swelling of the bone and an aching pain.

I hope it's not chronic with Nathan :-(

How lucky are you to be in a position for him to miss 2 weeks yet wont affect you much at all. He will play a better finals series because of the break.

This is quite true. As long as the club is telling the truth.

All we ever hear is "Fyfes protected by the AFL." "Should have been suspended twice already."

I raise a better topic... How the hell hasn't Mitchell copped a suspension yet?

All we ever hear is "Fyfes protected by the AFL." "Should have been suspended twice already."

I raise a better topic... How the hell hasn't Mitchell copped a suspension yet?

Agreed. he has pulled the kneeing stunt on 3 separate occasions.

Would have liked it if Wallis, Solomon or some of the old school Essendon enforcers were playing in the Hawks v Essendon game after he "injected" himself at three quarter time.

Actually it can be caused by overuse-stress of the leg. As it is the unusual fibula injury rather than the tibia for shin splints it is possible that the extra stress on the lower left leg was caused by the change in running action due to the corked right thigh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is quite true. As long as the club is telling the truth.
The club doesn't lie about injuries. It hides them, sure, but doesn't make them up. They'd rather go for "general soreness" then. Plus, we haven't even sewn up top 2 yet. If it came down to the Port game, he'd be playing if it wasn't a legit injury.

Mitchell gets corked all the time. Gets on with it.
Oh good. If we play the Hawks in the finals he can stand outside Subi oval and let say 10 random people intentionally cork his thigh before he goes out to play. That will show how tough he is.

Anyone that tries to INTENTIONALLY hurt an opponent is as weak as they come.

Fyfe is still favourite to win the BM.

Fyfe 9-4,Priddis 7-2

It's going to be a tight medal count now.
Unsure where the priddis love comes from. I like him as a player and he seems like a decent bloke when not wearing blue and yellow but i did a generous brownlow count for him and also got 17 or 18 votes (taking into acct disposals, AF, and unusual goal tallies.) Mine ended up matching pretty closely with the official predictions. Gaff, kennedy, shuey and masten grabbed quite a few over the season based on those figures).

More likely someone else pips Fyfe if they do.

Unsure where the priddis love comes from. I like him as a player and he seems like a decent bloke when not wearing blue and yellow but i did a generous brownlow count for him and also got 17 or 18 votes (taking into acct disposals, AF, and unusual goal tallies.) Mine ended up matching pretty closely with the official predictions. Gaff, kennedy, shuey and masten grabbed quite a few over the season based on those figures).

More likely someone else pips Fyfe if they do.

I really think it's as simple as- Priddis won it last year, he's playing at about the same level this year and most importantly West Coast have won twice as many games, ergo he'll be right up there again.

so you saw the name of this thread and wanted to see what aftermath your gem had created? you would have to be salivating over how much damage he did and its ongoing consequences

Just wanted to see if anyone was silly enough to believe this has anything to do with the minor cork he received from Mitchell.

Oh good. If we play the Hawks in the finals he can stand outside Subi oval and let say 10 random people intentionally cork his thigh before he goes out to play. That will show how tough he is.

Anyone that tries to INTENTIONALLY hurt an opponent is as weak as they come.

You must not think too highly of Fremantle players that have been reported then, including Fyfe.

It's a brutal game. Harden up mate.

Plus Mitchell didn't try to hurt anyone. Was protecting himself from a player who was charging at him off the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back