Shield Game 5: Victoria vs Western Australia, Junction Oval, Monday 17th-Thursday 20th October, 10:30 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Decent fight back from Victoria after we were 210-1. Hopefully Cartwright can push for some runs with the tail hanging around tomorrow.

Feel like WA will come out hard tomorrow morning. Liked what I saw of Kellapotha in the second spell, Murphy bowled a little too straight to the right handers for my liking.

Perry probably the best of the seamers, albeit a little less dangerous than the other two. Unlucky not to get Rocchiccioli there, hopefully we can get Cartwright early and run through the tail and set up for a big day with Puck and Harris.

Assuming he might have been picked for his bowling
Think the same.
Took 6 in Grade last week and the Junction does tend to be a good wicket generally.

Like I said, well thought out logic by the selectors. Not that I agree, but the logic is sound.

Just saw the highlight
Whiteman - unlucky
Wylie - 50/50
Philippe - wow, he wouldn’t want to see a replay of that.
Hardie - sliding and missing leg

Think the same.
Took 6 in Grade last week and the Junction does tend to be a good wicket generally.

Like I said, well thought out logic by the selectors. Not that I agree, but the logic is sound.

Given he is batting 8 - can almost lock this in

Reckon a big key in this game is going be be the extra pace of Richardson & Morris.

Just that little bit of extra pace on a flat wicket can make things happen.

I’m also wondering if the wicket got a little bit harder too bat on in the last hour of that session. Paris & Short both had a hard time getting going or was it just better bowling?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is another Junction Road,

One of the reason the Vics don't win more titles

That and jettisoning Siddle/Tremain
Hmm. Plenty of turn on day 2 for a "road".

Won 4 of the last 8 with two seconds and a third.

Siddle got a 2 year contract at Tassie instead of one from us and Tremain went home for family reasons, hardly "jettisoning" them.

Since then we've uncovered Perry and Sutherland as mainstays, young McClure is a serious prospect and if we can keep Zak Evans on the park he could be the best of the lot.

Harris always keeps himself in the frame to be picked at test level.

Shame he hasn't been able to convert his Shield form into the test arena.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back