sacka

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2007
Benders
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Well the VGA's are just around the corner and all the gaming websites are doing there thing for game of the year, so i thought why not get BF involved and do one of our own.
I thought we could do a 5-4-3-2-1 vote system (5 being the best) and i'll throw up a winner after a few weeks of votes.
Thought we could do three different categories.
Best XBox 360 game.
Best PS3 game.
Best PC game.

If you are voting on multiple categories dont mix platforms
eg: 5-Heavy Rain, 4-Halo Reach ect.

There were plenty of titles released this year so get to it.

360:

5. mass effect 2
4. fallout: new vegas
3. batman: arkham asylum
2. red dead redemtion
1. ac brotherhood

360:
5. Mass Effect 2
4. NBA 2K11
3. Bayonetta
2. Halo: Reach
1. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

PC (only play 2 games on the PC so not sure if my votes count for this platform):
5. Starcraft 2
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops

PS3:
God of War 3 - Still at the top even at the end of the year and with everything else that was fighting for the top spot. At the end of the day I'm going for the overall experience of the story than anything else. Easily the best story I've played since Uncharted 2 (which isn't that long ago I guess:p). Insane boss fights, great atmosphere and graphics which includes Kratos being the best rendered character I've ever seen in gaming.

4. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - Despite not being finished with the story as of yet, this is going to be my 2nd best game of the year. So polished, so complete in so many ways. While AC2 was the definition of what AC should've been, Brotherhood just finishes that off and tops it up with even more awesomeness. The Multiplayer is amazing too, very tactical and extremely fun.

3. Call of Duty: Black Ops - For the overall package you get. A fantastic story, one of the best FPS stories I've ever played. Outside of that you get a great and addictive Zombies mode. Then there's the Competitive multiplayer that has gone closer to COD4 which was very good, not as strong as COD4 was overall and a little bit on the weaker side when compared overall (lack of weapon variety occasionally hurts) but still very fun. Will put a good amount of hours into it.

2. Red Dead Redemption - Put a good 60 hours into the main story campaign and have put in about 5-6 so far of the Undead Nightmare DLC (which has been put aside slightly for the time being with ACB & CODBO getting time ahead of it). The main story campaign was a good solid overall story let down by a slow ending. The co-op is very fun and quite varied (especially with the Undead co-op additions), never really got into the competitive MP simply because connecting to a game was horrendous.

1. 2010 FIFA World Cup: South Africa - Gets the nod over FIFA 11 only because of the outstanding online which I pumped many an hour into. Was on it every day and loved the online world cup which progressed you through a world cup in a random opponent manner. It all worked very well and was rarely a lagged experience. FIFA 11 just for me doesn't have the same online structure so it loses that extra experience outside the usual offline modes. I will say that the Pro Clubs in FIFA 11 is very good (but then that relies on others you know being online at the same time, which can be a struggle).

Well, these are mine...

5. Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
4. Mass Effect 2 (PC)
3. Heavy Rain (PS3)
2. STALKER: Call of Pripyat (PC)
1. Starcraft 2 (PC)

5- Red Dead Redemption (makes GTA look average)
4- Heavy Rain (Can be played over and over)
3- FIFA 11 (made the game more realistic and harder than ever)
2- Civilization V (Always hard to go past a Civ game)
1- Alan Wake (Great story line and amazing graphics)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PC: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (from what has already been released, it's incredible) then Star Craft II

Those who haven't seen it yet but have a subscription just go to the new Orgimmar.

360: NBA 2k11; Red Dead Redemption; Halo Reach; Alan Wake; FIFA 11

Batman came out last year guys

5. Red Dead Redemption
4. Mass Effect 2
3. Fallout: New Vegas
2. Assassins Creed Brotherhood
1. Alan Wake

55g4h.png

Yo sacka, you've got a nice thread here, and I'ma let you finish, but Black Ops has the greatest entertainment launch OF ALL TIME!

http://www.news.com.au/technology/gaming/activision-claims-biggest-entertainment-launch-ever-with-360m-call-of-duty-black-ops-haul/story-e6frfrt9-1225952519430

Opinions are nice but you can't argue with the figures....

5 mass effect 2
4 bayonetta
3 super street fighter
2 reach
1 new vegas

ps: should there be a portable goty section? i thought dragon quest 9 and persona 3 portable were better than most games i had a crack at this year. and when did that angry birds **** come out?

5. Mass Effect 2
4. Alan Wake
3. RDR
2. F:NV
1. Halo Reach

God of War 3 for PS3 and that figures very highly in the scheme of things for me, would be # 3 on my above list, bumping Halo Reach out

EDIT, actually, replace Halo Reach with Call of Duty Black Ops

5 - Mass Effect 2
4 - Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
3 - Bayonetta
2 - Super Meat Boy
1 - Halo Reach

PC

5 - Mass Effect 2
4 - Amnesia: The Dark Descent
3 - Assassin's Creed II
2 - Battlefield: Bad Company 2
1 - Starcraft 2

PS3

5 - Heavy Rain
4 - Battlefield: Bad Company 2
3 - Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
2 - God of War 3
1 - Gran Turismo 5

Kind of sad to think that the game I've put the most time into (Black Ops) isn't even on the list. Unfortunately, it lacks polish and doesn't deserve to be on the list.

PS3

5 - Red Dead Redemption
4 - FIFA 11
3 - Gran Turismo 5

I rekon every other game is pretty shite TBH. I don't even bother playing games like Battlefield/COD because FPS on console is *ing shite. need a keyboard/mouse for those games and my PC is pretty ave :(

5 mass effect 2
4 bayonetta
3 super street fighter
2 reach
1 new vegas

ps: should there be a portable goty section? i thought dragon quest 9 and persona 3 portable were better than most games i had a crack at this year. and when did that angry birds **** come out?

Once again Venereal Disease is spot on.

Bayonetta was insanely fun.

Until I got stuck on a bit that I simply could not pass.

PS3:

5: Assassins Creed: Brotherhood - pure brilliance. All round incredible game
4: Red Dead Redemption - As above, Just shaded by AC for enjoyment
3: Heavy Rain - Simply for the genre busting uniqueness
2: COD: Black Ops - Good game, but probably not great
1: GT:5 - Hasn't been out long enough to rise in the rankings

Wii

5: Mario Galaxy 2 - Incredible, very entertaining
4: Donkey Kong Country - Haven't got it yet, but definitely will when I finally get some time to play it

Ok umm
360:
5: Red Dead Redemption (fantastic game)
4: Black ops (great multiplayer)
3: NBA 2k11 (amazing sports game)
2: Halo Reach (Good way to rap up halo)
1: Brotherhood (haven't played much of it, but great so far)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back