Game Of The Year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kratos is more badass (arse) than the lot of those *****. Everyone else is a pussy compared to Kratos...good that he won such an award for it.

Personally Ezio is the best character. He's a ****en champ, so cocky and arrogant but awesome as a character too. From AC2 to AC:B the games wouldn't have been near as good without a character as good as Ezio IMO. He reminds me of Eric Northman from True Blood.

Woods IMO wasn't nearly as good as what he should've been, could've been up there with Captain Price. Personally don't think the voice actor was near good enough either. Reznov was clearly better, surely?

And yeah I believe it is voted purely by the gaming public, the winner that is.

Reznov was a great character, in fact Mason wasn't that bad himself.
My character of the year would be Scott Shelby. Heavy Rain had a few weak characters but he really shone through them and just about saved the game for me.

Also Jaaason!

PS3

5 - Red Dead Redemption
4 - FIFA 11
3 - NBA 2K11
2 - GT5
1 - Black Cops

XBOX 360

5 - Dead Rising 2
4 - Mass Effect 2
3 - Halo Reach
2 - Call Of Duty black ops
1 - Red Dead Redemption

Fifa 11 wins the award for most overrated game of the year. Terrible Manager Mode, terrible AI, horrible refereeing with the only good thing being online.

PS3

5 - Red Dead Redemption
4 - FIFA 11
3 - NBA 2K11
2 - GT5
1 - Black Cops
Man, I've gott a check this one out. Is OJ in it?

5. Mass Effect 2
4. NBA 2K11
3. Red Dead Redemption
2. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
1. Splinter Cell Conviction

PS3

5. Red Dead Redemption
4. Battlefield Bad Company 2
3. God of War 3
2. MLB 10 The Show
1. Heavy Rain

Yeah um, the lack of Super Mario Galaxy 2 leads me to the conclusion that the Spike awards are a load of s**t. Should have learnt that from the fact that Fable II won a couple of years ago.
Oh, my mistake. Either way, the lack of a Galaxy 2 nomination is beyond a joke. It would rank as one of the best games this decade, let alone this year. The only thing that could possibly challenge it would be Mass Effect 2.
Also no SMG2 love in the overall game categories is ludicrous.
Which is why these awards are a joke. Shouldn't be worthy of discussion, SMG2 might be a Wii game but it's easily worthy of a Game of the Year nominee. The only things that could come close to beating it are RDR and Mass Effect 2.
SMG2 won Edge magazine's GOTY.

Source: http://www.nintendoeverything.com/57663/
The EDGE Awards 2010
Best Game (mainstream)
. Super Mario Galaxy 2
. Rock Band 3
. Bayonetta

Best Game (indie)
. Minecraft
. Super Meat Boy
. Neptune’s Pride

Well the show is over, here are the winners:

Game of the Year - Red Dead Redemption
Other Nominees - Call of Duty: Black Ops, God of War III, Halo: Reach, Mass Effect 2

Best Action Adventure Game - Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Other Nominees - God of War III, Red Dead Redemption, Super Mario Galaxy 2

Best RPG - Mass Effect 2
Other Nominees - Fable III, Fallout: New Vegas, Final Fantasy XIII

How does RDR win GOTY but not it's own category???

or are they simply giving 'lip service' to AC:B?

ME2 on the otherhand... but it probably suffers from its console exclusivity. :cool:

Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw of Zero Punctuation fame announced his top (and bottom) 5 games of 2010.

Video @: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2607-Top-5-of-2010
TOP 5 OF 2010
5. Limbo (XBLA)
4. Amnesia: The Dark Descent (PC)
3. Red Dead Redemption (PS3/360)
2. Dead Rising 2 (PC/PS3/360)
1 (GOTY). Just Cause 2 (PC/PS3/360)

BOTTOM 5 OF 2010

5. Bioshock 2 (PC/PS3/360)
4. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3/360)
3. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 (PC/PS3/360/PSP/DS/Wii/iPhone)
2. Metroid: Other M (Wii)
1 (WGOTY). Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days (PC/PS3/360)

Probably a little harsh on Bioshock 2, but I can understand hating it for what it represents.. a cash-in sequel to a game that's story demanded that a sequel was never produced. It like the gaming equivalent of that Donnie Darko sequel they released.

Playing Kane&Lynch 2 now (hey, it was $5) and yeah, it's completely atrocious in most aspects, though, unlike Yahtzee, I actually kind of like that the character have no redeeming qualities, though when they send the characters on a path that leads to them taking on multiple choppers and the chinese army by themselves... well it kind of takes away any seriousness at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back