Game Of The Year?

Remove this Banner Ad

5. Heavy Rain
4. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
3. Mass Effect 2
2. Red Dead Redemption
1. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

55g4h.png

Yo sacka, you've got a nice thread here, and I'ma let you finish, but Black Ops has the greatest entertainment launch OF ALL TIME!

http://www.news.com.au/technology/g...y-black-ops-haul/story-e6frfrt9-1225952519430

Opinions are nice but you can't argue with the figures....
Just because it sells well release day doesn"t make it the best game ever, and as you can see by a LOT of peoples votes so far it's not even in there top 3 for the year.
Hype = sales which means $$$$ and thats what it's all about.
I reckon it's better to get peoples full opinions instead of a couple of games the sites make you choose from.

I call bullshit on this thread. Part of the fun with GotY discussion is mixing the platforms and watching the fanboy bitchfests.

Just because it sells well release day doesn"t make it the best game ever, and as you can see by a LOT of peoples votes so far it's not even in there top 3 for the year.
Hype = sales which means $$$$ and thats what it's all about.
I reckon it's better to get peoples full opinions instead of a couple of games the sites make you choose from.

Best ever? or Game of the year. Let's wait for the worlds gaming media to decide....

Just because BlOps has no votes in this thread does not make 12 peoples opinions an indicative sample set of data.

My vote:

1. Black Ops
2-5. Haven't played any other 2010 release games.

Will probably get NBA Jam just for laughs.

Best ever? or Game of the year. Let's wait for the worlds gaming media to decide....

Just because BlOps has no votes in this thread does not make 12 peoples opinions an indicative sample set of data.

My vote:

1. Black Ops

Game of the Year is a subjective topic anyway, its all about peoples' opinions. sacka obviously wants to know the thoughts of the people on this board and how they rate their top 5 games of this year. re Black Ops; I'm in the same boat as Libo. I've put a fair amount of time into Black Ops but in terms of enjoyment I'd rate a fair few games above it :eek:

My vote:

1. Black Ops
sorry goty.
The main reason i started the thread is to find out what the GAMERS goty is, not a media vote that has been coerced into making.

Anywho.
PS3.
5. Bad Company 2 - Many hours played, variety in loadout options and some good DLC to come)

4. God Of War 3 - Didn't play 1 or 2 but this was brilliant on every level

3. M.A.G - The graphics aren't great, there isn't a lot of variety in the way of maps, It can be a nade fest in some game modes and if you dont work as a team you wil die a lot, BUT it was nearly the most played game on my ps3, and when it all goes right it was a lot of fun.

2. Heavy Rain - I only did one playthrough but that was mainly due to the fact that the way the game ended for me. Great story and i thought it was one of the best endings to a game i have ever had and i wanted to leave it at that (it may sound strange to some but it makes sense in a wierd kind of way to me lol)

1. Read Dead Redemption - Didn't put huge numbers into this one but what i did put in was fun.

4. Alan Wake - Great game, plot holes everwhere you look but one of my favorites games of the year.

3. Medal Of Honour - Very underrated game imo, some real epic cut scenes and gameplay in the sp, and i had some real fun in mp, although it needed a bit more variety in the way of weapons.

Splinter Cell Conviction - Some good ideas in there and an enjoyable title.

1. Halo Reach - Liked the sp but i was pretty disappointed in the mp.

5. Black Ops
4. Red Dead
3. Halo Reach
2. NFS Hot Pursuit
1. dunno

Black ops because derr, ReadDead because it was fun enough, put a few days into Reach until I realised how mediocre it is, only played NFS for around 6 hours has been pretty fun but don't have the drive to play much more untill Black Ops abuses me some more.

PS3

1. Fifa 11
2. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
3. Batman: Arkham Asylum
4. Heavy Rain
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops

Didnt add Red Dead because I havent played it. Getting a 360 for Xmas though so I think ill get that along with Reach.

May i ask why your getting a 360? you could get Red Dead on PS3. As a previous owner of both i can tell you its not worth having both a 360 and PS3.

5. Alan Wake
4. Halo Reach
3. Dead Rising 2
2. Bioshock 2

thats all i played on it till i sold it just recently

PS3

5. Red Dead Redemption
4. Bad Company 2
3. God of War 3
2. Black Ops
1. Heavy Rain

Wii

not included in the OP despite having some of the better games released this year :confused::confused:

5. Donkey Kong country Returns
4. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Metroid Other M
2. Kirbys Epic Yarn
1. Sonic Colours

Overall it has to be Donkey Kong Country Returns for me

5. NBA 2k11
4. Black ops
3. FIFA 11

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PC

5 - Mount & Blade: Warband
4 - Mass Effect 2
3 - Heroes of Newerth
2 - NBA 2K11
1 - Civilisation V

Tough to rank some of them given how different each of the games are (particularly HoN), but Warband is clearly the best of the year in my mind.

1.Iracing
2.Freefacon5.5.3
3.Il2 1946 UP2.1
4.Netkar Pro 1.2
5.Opensource Freespace 2

And GPL Gt carset.

Thought I'd put a few mods in because that's what PC's are all about,taking a product and improving it beyond belief.

Worst game Sepp Blatter's Easports Fifa corruption 11.

GOG.com best game site.

Loads of old classics for old codgers like me.

5. Red Dead Redemption
4. Assassins Creed: BH
3. Halo Reach
2. Assassins Creed II
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops
AC2 was 2009.;)

Note to self: Go buy Brotherhood as soon as possible.
Saving for a holiday so I was going to wait but you guys make it sound like I must have it now.

In the mean time (360 only as that is my #1 console):

5. Red Dead Redemption
4. Fallout: New Vegas
3. Dead Rising 2
2. Mass Effect 2
1. Bioshock 2

Big year for original concepts with 4 /5 being sequals and Brotherhood sure to make it 5/6 very soon

Heavy Rain is my only PS3 game that was released this year, but it was brilliant

Note to self: Go buy Brotherhood as soon as possible.
Saving for a holiday so I was going to wait but you guys make it sound like I must have it now.

In the mean time (360 only as that is my #1 console):

5. Red Dead Redemption
4. Fallout: New Vegas
3. Dead Rising 2
2. Mass Effect 2
1. Bioshock 2

Big year for original concepts with 4 /5 being sequals and Brotherhood sure to make it 5/6 very soon

Heavy Rain is my only PS3 game that was released this year, but it was brilliant
All 5 are sequels. RDR is a sequel to Red Dead Revolver.

PS3

5. Heavy Rain
4. Red Dead Redemption
3. God of War 3
2. Dead Rising 2
1. Battlefield: Bad Company 2

I enjoyed Black Ops (heaps more then MW2) but not enough to push any of these off the list. Probably because I'm getting tired of CoD but still get it anyway. And Gran Turismo 5 hasn't been out long enough to sink in yet. F1 was also pretty good, considering I only bought it while I waited for GT5 to come out. Bioshock 2 was a letdown for me after loving the first

So much noobness in this thread.

Red Dead Revolver isn't a prequel is it?

Also I'm pretty sure you can't vote for games that game out in previous years.

It's a prequel in the sense that Fallout 3 is a prequel to Fallout: New Vegas. Story is unrelated but exist in the same "universe"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back