Game Of The Year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Xbox 360
5. Halo: Reach
4. Mass Effect 2
3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
2. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops

I'd give the first four all 5's if I could :p.

So much noobness in this thread.

Red Dead Revolver isn't a prequel is it?

Also I'm pretty sure you can't vote for games that game out in previous years.

Red Dead Revolver isn't a prequel, it was released before Redemption.

Redemption is just barely a sequel. Not much to do with the old game except the old west setting and the open world concept.

Anyone who doesn't mention Red Dead either didn't play it or is a moron.

Same with my top 5 except Heavy Rain and COD:BOPS as they are games that I can see why people wouldn't rate them that highly (but I did). Especially Mario Galaxy 2. If you don't rate it you're a massive idiot.

55g4h.png

Yo sacka, you've got a nice thread here, and I'ma let you finish, but Black Ops has the greatest entertainment launch OF ALL TIME!

http://www.news.com.au/technology/g...y-black-ops-haul/story-e6frfrt9-1225952519430

Opinions are nice but you can't argue with the figures....

Except it's a crap game and shouldn't figure in the GOTY at all.

Best game for 360 = Mass Effect 2.

Picked up RDR, but just couldn't get in to it that much... heaps of cool stuff but I've had enough of that GTA/exploration game style.

Black Ops was mehh.... traded it in today (along with RDR).

I am sure StarCraft 2 and WoW:Cataclysm should be up there for PCs.

Once again Venereal Disease is spot on.

Bayonetta was insanely fun.

Until I got stuck on a bit that I simply could not pass.

G'day Matt! :thumbsu:

Glad to see you a still a man of fine taste.

Did you get up to the bit where Bayonetta shoots a bullet into the eye of a cherub statue's penis?

Game of the year for that bit alone, IMO.

G'day Matt! :thumbsu:

Glad to see you a still a man of fine taste.

Did you get up to the bit where Bayonetta shoots a bullet into the eye of a cherub statue's penis?

Game of the year for that bit alone, IMO.

How far into it is that bit? I got to about 85% in.

I'm a bit shocked nobody else mentioned it.

yes it's cheesy, but the cheesiness is so good. Why is cheese so bad?

The combat variations are insane. The only main problem is knowing exactly how to kill some of the bosses.

Also 'boss of the year' is the giant malignant Vagina at the end of Borderlands.

How far into it is that bit? I got to about 85% in.

I'm a bit shocked nobody else mentioned it.

yes it's cheesy, but the cheesiness is so good. Why is cheese so bad?

The combat variations are insane. The only main problem is knowing exactly how to kill some of the bosses.

Also 'boss of the year' is the giant malignant Vagina at the end of Borderlands.
I don't think a ton of people played it tbh.

Borderlands was 2009 btw, unless you're talking about the DLC?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow

just realised ive played 2 games that came out this year

Yeah I'm getting the same feeling. Still have a massive backlog to go through.

Was Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time released this year? :eek: That was pretty good.....

Haven't played through Reach enough to comment but God of War takes the crown from my limited playtime.

1.Fallout New Vegas
2.Starcraft 2
3.NBA2k11
4.Donkey Kong Returns
5.Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Willing to say whoever didnt put new Vegas in top 5 either has not played it or rage quit due to buying it on console and not patching it

Also, did play red dead redemtion, quite a good game but there was some fantastic games out this year

If someone didn't put New Vegas in the top 5, it's totally justified. That game is/was broken as hell based on what I watched.

Also, Fable 2 winning game of the year is lols. I could have sworn it won the Spike GotY Award though. Pretty sure GTA IV won everywhere else.

I don't understand why so many people vote for Fifa 11. It's good but poor at the same time.

Nba 2k11 easily beats fifa this year.

I don't understand why so many people vote for Fifa 11. It's good but poor at the same time.

Nba 2k11 easily beats fifa this year.
Well for one, nobody has had FIFA 11 and NBA 2K11 in the same list without 2K11 being on top.

2nd, not everyone has played FIFA 11 and 2K11. So most can't compare the differences, quality, etc.

I dont take sports games too seriously, and it might be that i actually play basketball but

NBA2k11 is ****ibng amazing, the amount of realism involved is crazy, unlike most old basketball games where you could hit 40 there is a fine art to the game

The fact im a starcraft/fallout fanboy either probably kept it at 3.

As for the Fallout bugs, is the only thing stopping it from being legandary, you can patch it yourself and fix it, but if your paying 70+ for a game and it has sevear glitch problems it really is a letdown, if your able to patch it or overlook those things it is a very good game

I dont take sports games too seriously, and it might be that i actually play basketball but

NBA2k11 is ****ibng amazing, the amount of realism involved is crazy, unlike most old basketball games where you could hit 40 there is a fine art to the game

The fact im a starcraft/fallout fanboy either probably kept it at 3.

I agree NBA 2k series has been the best sporting series by far. I kind of do take sports games seriously and I think they are wrongly reviewed by mainstream video game media (waaaaay too generous with FIFA IMO, they seem to give them points just for having official licences).

2K may be a victim of it's own continued excellence year after year but it is a fantastic video game, not just a sports video game. The only sports game that comes close was PES at it's best (PES4/5/6). Of course that's not taking into account sports management sims like the legendary Football Manager as that would be up there.

It wasn't in my top 5 as I haven't played 2K11, but my point being is that great sporting games deserve to be compared with great video games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back