FTA-TV GAME OF THRONES season 4 (MANY book spoilers) *you have been warned*

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird that they wouldn't have the actor locked in with a multi-season deal.

I spose he isn't a main main character and spends a fair chunk of time off doing things while danerys sits around touching balls.

Would of been better if they changed the actor and made the new actor look like he is described in the book, that would of sorted the illiterates out :p

Reckon Joffrey dies ep 2, 3 or 4?

I think it'll be ep 2…so much else has to happen this series that you'd think they'll do it early to give Tyrion plenty of prison scenes which should be great.

My favourite character in the books is Arya and I think this will be her season, along with the Hound…so much to like about their arc.

I think it'll be ep 2…so much else has to happen this series that you'd think they'll do it early to give Tyrion plenty of prison scenes which should be great.

My favourite character in the books is Arya and I think this will be her season, along with the Hound…so much to like about their arc.

Im with you. Arya story arc is going into unreal places

Weird that they wouldn't have the actor locked in with a multi-season deal.

I think old Dario probably broke contract and walked out once he heard Danerys isn't doing raunchy scenes anymore and concluded he wouldn't get to enjoy many many sex scenes with her.

Understandable.

Dunno if I'd say better, still reckon Arya perforating the Tickler while yelling is there any gold in the village would have been rad. But at least we got something in the ballpark.

I mean to say it seemingly worked out better for Sandor, there wasn't a references to any wounds which may quickly become infected.

But I guess this scene happens later so they will reshuffle events for a better flow to the show.

Arya is awesome both on the show and in the book. On the show I can't wait until she crosses the narrow sea.

Wikipedia tells me get George RR Martin wrote episode 2 and is the only episode he did so I would say its got to be episode 2 that he dies.
Dear George, quit writing for the tv show (which had the books as as a script ffs) and finish the next bloody book!

Signed

The literates

Is anyone else worried about how fast the storylines are accelerating? The Arya moment was right near the end of book 3 iirc, the way they're going, they will almost be at the end of book material by the end of this season and certainly by the end of season 5. George is f***ed.

I honestly don't know if I can keep coming to this thread with the whole 'literates/illiterates' branding... It's embarrassing.

Dear George, quit writing for the tv show (which had the books as as a script ffs) and finish the next bloody book!

Signed

The literates

I'm not holding my breath that he'll get it done before the show catches up. He seems like a bit of a publicity whore when it comes to the show.

His publishers need to chain him to his typewriter or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone else worried about how fast the storylines are accelerating? The Arya moment was right near the end of book 3 iirc, the way they're going, they will almost be at the end of book material by the end of this season and certainly by the end of season 5. George is f***ed.

The one I'm worried about is Dany. There isn't a helluva lot to go for her going by the books.

I haven't read much of hte books cause GRRM is actually a terrible writer.

Good story though that translates better on TV, plus I love spoilers.

For reals... a great writer but I think he's just terribly slow. 1 book every 6 years means he's going on his own timetable. Probably drop the last book In his mid 80s. Would have the finished books over finished tv any day. That being said can't wait for everything this season

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

GRRM won't finish the books before the tv series. His ego won't allow it. He'll let the show finish and then put the effort into finishing the books and maybe the stories wont come out the same. That would be cool anyway

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

If anyone wants a laugh watch the last 3 episodes of S17 of sth park, classic!

They have most likely played around with the time line a bit but this season was always going to be the end of book 3, so really the last episode of season 4 should see Ayra sailing away on the boat.

Remember that book 4 and 5 are split so the show will have to combine them to keep the story together and both books are fairly lengthy I would expect at min 3 seasons to tell book 4 & 5 combined.

He might get book 6 out before the show catches up, zero chance of finishing before then.

I'm not holding my breath that he'll get it done before the show catches up. He seems like a bit of a publicity whore when it comes to the show.

His publishers need to chain him to his typewriter or something.

Dead set certainty that the show will catch up and overtake. I think that will be pretty cool in its own way, watching the show and having no idea what will happen.

The one I'm worried about is Dany. There isn't a helluva lot to go for her going by the books.

Agree with this. Most of the other good characters (read: Tyrion and Arya) have a fair bit to do over the next few seasons. The Dany arc is in real danger of getting seriously bogged down once she sets up shop in Mereen. You thought it was slow in the books, just wait until it's translated to screen. Can see the tv producers really changing it up and creating a few non-book events to keep it interesting.

Last edited:
Agree with this. Most of the other good characters (read: Tyrion and Arya) have a fair bit to do over the next few seasons. The Dany arc is in real danger of getting seriously bogged down once she sets up shop in Mereen. You thought it was slow in the books, just wait until it's translated to screen. Can see the tv producers really changing it up and creating a few non-book events to keep it interesting.

I hope the keep it s**t so the tv only people finally realise how crap she is

Bran's story is flying along too. Especially if there isn't going to be any Coldhands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back