FTA-TV GAME OF THRONES season 4 (MANY book spoilers) *you have been warned*

Remove this Banner Ad

I was annoyed they went with Bronn over Illyn.

It's Ilyn... The amount of times I've seen that misspelled today makes me truly question how upset some people could be over the change!
Much harder to convey things with a speechless character, Bronn is a fan favourite. Makes total sense to me.

Doesn't make much sense story wise (sure you can pay him off, but how realistically viable is that), but certainly makes sense production wise.

Very bitter-sweet for me there. One of the great moments in the book and the story definitely, but I'm going to miss Jack Gleeson's performance every week.

Loved seeing Bran's...seeing. Very cool and unexpected moment.

Also what are they going to do down the line re a female little person as they were all males at the wedding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine they'll either drop Penny altogether or make her the sister of one of the performers.

Until they took his head off I thought they'd just say that whomever was playing Robb is penny.

I imagine they'll either drop Penny altogether or make her the sister of one of the performers.

Until they took his head off I thought they'd just say that whomever was playing Robb is penny.

It's possible penny was still Robb. I'd have to watch again but I didn't see anything to say otherwise.

...But I was too busy enjoying my nonbook girlfriends reactions that episode so it's possible I just missed it.

Ilyn wouldn't work with Jamie as the lack of conversation will make it hard to convey a lot of Jamie's growth.

Purple wedding indeed. Unless littlefinger was telling lies to Sansa I'm pretty sure QoT along with him are confirmed for kingslaying.

Great episode. Lots to come too.

The reason that it is not Ser Ilyn is that the actor died of pancreatic cancer :(
Whilst sad they would recast the role. Look how they stuffed up Daario

Ugh, I hate the Daario recast. Prefer that Ser Ilyn just isn't in it anymore than to have him recast. Speaking of vanishing characters, where is Ser Kevan? He is going to become quite important fairly soon.

Wilko Johnson is not dead. He has only been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

Yeah, I meant to say he has terminal pancreatic cancer. I'm unwell today, can't think straight.

I just watched that last scene again, they did an amazing job with the shots of Jof at the very end. The makeup was brilliant, I reckon that image will become famous.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 35
I thought in the books, that on the boat after they kill Dontos with the crossbow. Littlefinger pretty much spells out to Sansa that it was him & Lady Olenna. Tells her how they did it with the necklace etc? Pretty sure it was obvious to the reader at the time well before he even takes her to the Vale.

Also on Coldhands I didn't think it was Benjen Stark because when Bran gets to Bloodraven and the Children of the Forest they ask about Coldhands and something is said along the lines of him having being dead for a very, very long time. Sounded like he had been around a lot longer than the couple of years or whatever Benjen had been missing for anyway.

Joffery.
Oberyn owned this episode. I kind of wish they'd play out the mystery of who killed Joffery a little longer because for a while I was convinced it was the Dornishmen.

I'd kill to see a few Greyjoys too. And I think the Locke character is worth it just for the "who the heck is Jon Snow?" line. Pure gold. :D

Thought it was interesting they didn't make any mention of Oberyn's fondness for poison. It seemed like they were setting it up as a bit of a whodunnit, so that would've been a very strong way to put him forward as a suspect. Having said that, they'll probably have LF spelling it out to Sansa next episode.

Thought it was interesting they didn't make any mention of Oberyn's fondness for poison. It seemed like they were setting it up as a bit of a whodunnit, so that would've been a very strong way to put him forward as a suspect. Having said that, they'll probably have LF spelling it out to Sansa next episode.

It's like they've left out any mention of his fondness of poisons to over emphasise a fondness of penis. A bit lopsided on those aspects of his character IMO.
The lack of mention of his knowledge of poisons is interesting also as it has a fair bit to do with his fight with the mountain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's like they've left out any mention of his fondness of poisons to over emphasise a fondness of penis. A bit lopsided on those aspects of his character IMO.
The lack of mention of his knowledge of poisons is interesting also as it has a fair bit to do with his fight with the mountain.
Don't get me started on the sexuality stuff. Doesn't make a bit of difference to me if the character is bisexual, gay or entirely straight, but there's no need to shove it in our faces. The bit with Loras was terrible. Just stick with showing boobs every time anyone's close to a brothel, surely that's enough for the casual fans?

The poison has to be mentioned at some point. The conversations between Oberyn and Tyrion will probably reveal it.

It's Ilyn... The amount of times I've seen that misspelled today makes me truly question how upset some people could be over the change!
Much harder to convey things with a speechless character, Bronn is a fan favourite. Makes total sense to me.

I was annoyed they went with Bronn over Illyn. Also what are they going to do down the line re a female little person as they were all males at the wedding?

Ilyn Payne's actor is dying from cancer. It's a forced change.

A few things that I hated
1. Tyrell-Martell rivalry is gone.
2. More Stannis butchery- in the books Florent was a traitor and in the show Stannis is killing him because Stannis is a religious fanatic

"After the war is over, we should all find time for wisdom".

******* GOLD, absolutely lost it at that hahaha. Really going to miss Joffrey, hateable in the books but that actor really nails the smugness and childishness.

Bronn teaching Jaime is actually a really good change and a good way to keep him relevant now that his actor has become so popular, upgrade from the books.

Loved the Theon/Ramsay shaving scene, lots of tension and Roose was excellent as always.

Man I tell you what, they completely nailed the Wedding. I thought the Red Wedding (in comparison to the books) was ok, but lacked the right atmosphere, timing. But this is pretty much EXACTLY how I imagined it all go down in the books. Probably no coincidence that George wrote the episode then, because everything about it was brought perfectly to life, as well as the atmosphere, the timing, acting everything.
As far as the rest of the ep goes. Liked the change from to Bronn as Jamie's sparring partner. He is one of the few tv characters that is way better than his book counterpart and I'm happy to have him still feature (particularly if it's in a role actually advancing the plot).
I also LOVED the Ramsay scenes. Last season I thought came off as a bit too cartoony, but tonight he was much more menacing and evil, and I have hope now they'll do his character justice.
One thing I didn't enjoy was the Shae leaving scene. She's not meant to be a sympathetic character, she's meant to be using Tyrion. You just know they're going to use Tyrion so cruelly ditching as a justification for her testimony, rather than the simple fact that she used him, because she's a golddigging whore.
Another problem I had was that they are really butchering Stannis' character. I hate this because he is one of my favorites in the books, but the one dimensional way they are painting his character as is just so poor and disappointing.
All in all though, amazing ep!

Man I tell you what, they completely nailed the Wedding. I thought the Red Wedding (in comparison to the books) was ok, but lacked the right atmosphere, timing. But this is pretty much EXACTLY how I imagined it all go down in the books. Probably no coincidence that George wrote the episode then, because everything about it was brought perfectly to life, as well as the atmosphere, the timing, acting everything.
As far as the rest of the ep goes. Liked the change from to Bronn as Jamie's sparring partner. He is one of the few tv characters that is way better than his book counterpart and I'm happy to have him still feature (particularly if it's in a role actually advancing the plot).
I also LOVED the Ramsay scenes. Last season I thought came off as a bit too cartoony, but tonight he was much more menacing and evil, and I have hope now they'll do his character justice.
One thing I didn't enjoy was the Shae leaving scene. She's not meant to be a sympathetic character, she's meant to be using Tyrion. You just know they're going to use Tyrion so cruelly ditching as a justification for her testimony, rather than the simple fact that she used him, because she's a golddigging whore.
Another problem I had was that they are really butchering Stannis' character. I hate this because he is one of my favorites in the books, but the one dimensional way they are painting his character as is just so poor and disappointing.
All in all though, amazing ep!
I disagree re the weddings, the red wedding nailed it IMO. The purple wedding had a completely different feel to it. Joffrey went from stone cold sober to drunk after one cup, it failed to build the tension. That said the cup bearer scene was well done.

I also think they have brushed over Reek/theons character development, he is a HUGE part of the books.

This shits me. Everyone I know that hasn't read the books either finds Stannis crap, boring, weak, unmemorable or all of the above.

They look at me strangely when I say how awesome he is. :(

How I felt when Daario was introduced.

10171649_224863701044138_6908589717238668202_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back