Entertainment & Music GD Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone else heard of Dustin Tebbutt?

Just discovered him yesterday on some indie folk album and I was surprised to find out he's Australian, he reminds me a bit of Jose Gonzalez.

I think he might be a fan of Jose as he relocated to Sweden to record his album.

Last edited:

This is a great song.

It brings back bittersweet memories for me though.

I met a great girl in San Diego (8 or 9 out of 10 at least) back in the summer of 99.

That song came on the radio when we were out driving somewhere and I turned it up saying "I love this song" and she was like "I love this song too".

We were meant to be together but I threw it all away to go to the UK for the Rugby World Cup which wasn't that great anyway.

Has anyone else heard of Dustin Tebbutt?

Just discovered him yesterday on some folk indie album and I was surprised to find out he's Australian, he reminds me a bit of Jose Gonzalez.

I think he might be a fan of Jose as he relocated to Sweden to record his album.

I'm a big fan. I fell in love with the other single from The Breach EP, Where I Find You. I think it even featured in my hottest 100 votes that year

I'm a big fan. I fell in love with the other single from The Breach EP, Where I Find You. I think it even featured in my hottest 100 votes that year

Yeah that's another good one from him.

This song is pretty good too.

Like I said I was surprised to find out he was Australian, thought he must've been American or English as there's a sophistication to his music that you don't normally associate with Aussie artists, he has an incredible voice.

He relocated to Sweden to record that Breach EP which might explain the un-Australian sound.

Last edited:
A live version of "Where I Find You" which is probably even better than the recorded version.

I like one of the youtube comments for that video.

In a current musical world of talentless auto-tuned, twerking buffoons, with their nauseous bubble gum pop, vomiting anaconda lyrical rot...I find this to be rather refreshing. Listen to that bass line and those harmonies. This is music, kids. This.

I couldn't agree more, he's restored my faith in Gen Y music, maybe it's not so bad after all.

I discovered this guy Benjamin Francis Leftwich from the same indie folk compilation I discovered Dustin Tebbutt from.

Can't get enough of this song at the moment.

Indie folk is an underrated music genre, I think I might choose that as my theme for the Song Contest thread if I ever win it, which is unlikely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Girl it's a long time when you're running.

If there is a more talented Australian songwriter/musician than Luke Steele I'm yet to find him.

His old man is Lucky Oceans, an old Texas style slide guitarist that blew us away at a Perth Festival gig when we were stoned off our gourds.

Luke plays slide guitar at about the 2.28 min mark of that video, how many other Aussie musos can play slide guitar? Not many, if any.

His sister Katy Steele is the lead singer for Little Birdy who are no slouches themselves.

Luke Steele reinvented himself with Empire Of The Sun, Bowie style.

Not many Aussie music artists would have the balls or talent to pull that off and make a success of it.

Empire Of The Sun won a truckload of awards at the ARIAs and other music awards shows and rightly so, they were a standout both musically and visually.

Love this EOTS song too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back