Review Geelong beats Weagles by 47 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is well liked and respected by teammates and coach.
'That speaks more loudly than the reactive comments we read here.
Yes, he was off today.
What did he do ,last week?
Not much.
'With Stengle out, expect Parfitt to get more continuity , not less, and in the firsts.

I'm fine with him finding form... but it's gotta be in the VFL.

If everyone in our side was playing to Parfs level, we would lose every week by 150 points.

Agree – and Atkins escaping notice after playing two quarters more footy than Parf and managing only two more touches and one less tackle.

To seriously contend in 2023 one or more of Atkins, Parfitt, Bruhn needs to start winning more contests. Too much being left to Danger. Holmes good again, Blicavs much better, Cam Guthrie still out of form.
Atkins was tagging Kelly for large parts of the game after 1/4 time

He is well liked and respected by teammates and coach.
That speaks more loudly than the reactive comments we read here.
Yes, he was off today.
What did he do last week?
Not much.
With Stengle out, expect Parfitt to get more continuity , not less, and in the firsts.

He's probably a top bloke Vdubs, and deservedly like by his coach and teammates, but it doesn't mean he's a good player, or even playing well.

He's not Best 22, as evidenced by him being the sub, and he's not justifying that spot either.

Commenting on what you see is not reactive. It's what commentators and observers do.

I'm fine with him finding form... but it's gotta be in the VFL.

If everyone in our side was playing to Parfs level, we would lose every week by 150 points.
That does not happen often in a team sport; players are happy to take up the slack for others in times of need.
He has been the one enforcing tackles, and being a run-with player many times in the past.
Different role this year.
The inner sanctum knows what's up with CG and Parf.

Missed a chance to pick up a percentage, but a solid enough win. The second quarter was elite, and the second half forgettable. We haven't put together a four-quarter performance this year and will need one to beat Sydney.

Parfitt had 13 possessions in a half and 6 tackles, the most for a Geelong player across the four quarters. So, he is getting plenty of the ball and committing himself defensively. The problem is his use of the ball and, to some extent, his decision-making, which wasn't nearly up to scratch. It could be a confidence issue.

Losing Stengle is a blow. The lineup for next week may be:

OUT: Stengle (Inj), Parfitt

IN: Rohan, Bruhn (sub).

He's probably a top bloke Vdubs, and deservedly like by his coach and teammates, but it doesn't mean he's a good player, or even playing well.

He's not Best 22, as evidenced by him being the sub, and he's not justifying that spot either.

Commenting on what you see is not reactive. It's what commentators and observers do.
I did not hear a single negative comment about Parf today, but reading the posts here was eye-opening.
Yes, he was down, but he kept plugging away.
Not 22 this week.
But Stengle with a broken wrist 6 weeks out is frustrating, but will open doors for Parfitt to start , I hope.

I read through 2 pages of drivel on the match day thread as if Parf was the reason WC clawed their way back into it. I know this Cats BF always has to have a whipping boy, goes without saying; unfortunately, i read it post by post today.

His errors were directly responsible time after time for their goals and our turnovers.

It's an observation.

How nice he is or how much the coach likes him isn't relevant to what was witnessed this afternoon.

His errors were directly responsible time after time for their goals and our turnovers.

It's an observation.

How nice he is or how much the coach likes him isn't relevant to what was witnessed this afternoon.
The coach likes him because he is a very good player at his best. And a real trier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That does not happen often in a team sport; players are happy to take up the slack for others in times of need.
He has been the one enforcing tackles, and being a run-with player many times in the past.
Different role this year.
The inner sanctum knows what's up with CG and Parf.
Yes, and the inner sanctum will show their hand when Parf is dropped next week.

He needs a good run in the 2's to find form.

I did not hear a single negative comment about Parf today, but reading the posts here was eye-opening.
Not 22 this week.
But Stengle with a broken wrist 6 weeks out is frustrating, but will open doors for Parfitt to start , I hope.

The door was opened for him today, but he didn't take the opportunity.

He might get another chance next week, and if so, he'll definitely want to make an impression then or he'll run out of opportunities.

Fox saying Stanley could be is trouble for dangerous tackle. Stengle potential broken wrist, might be a few changes next week. Lets hope the talk of Heeney being in doubt is true.

Also think we missed Bews run from the back.

If we play like that against Sydney we will lose by 6-10 goals.

So inconsistent and smashed at times around the ball and on transition.

Very unimpressed
But that all happened after being up by 13 goals. Nearly certainly we don't give up so much in the second half if we weren't so dominant in the first

So you keep saying.

I didn't see any of that today I'm afraid. Which is why he was commented on.
All good.
Remind me to never engage in that match day thread.
It is always hyperreactive.
If Parf is out next week, life goes on.
If he plays, I hope he redeems himself.
Game by game.

Yes, and the inner sanctum will show their hand when Parf is dropped next week.

He needs a good run in the 2's to find form.
We shall see.
At least if he's out, and if the Swans beat us, Parf does not cop the blame.

All good.
Remind me to never engage in that match day thread.
It is always hyperreactive.
If Parf is out next week, life goes on.
If he plays, I hope he redeems himself.
Game by game.

The same things are being said now post match.

You just don't like what you're reading and are throwing the toys out.

The same things are being said now post match.

You just don't like what you're reading and are throwing the toys out.
If you say so.
I don't care who plays poorly.
Just dislike the way things are written about our players.
Don't worry, I'm incorrect > correct.

Not 22 this week.
Parf had 40 per cent game time and 13 disposals.
Sure he made an error but needs time to get into the groove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back