Review Geelong Cats defeat GWS Giants by 27 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem is games like this we are seeing every week, more games than not including in the perfect conditions of Etihad

Let's just say I knew as soon as I saw the conditions there was going to be a mountain of tears about the sorry state of today's footy by the end of the game.

Let's just say I knew as soon as I saw the conditions there was going to be a mountain of tears about the sorry state of today's footy by the end of the game.
The conditions added to it no doubt, but I've been less and less impressed with footy in general each week this season I think

:rolleyes:

Im glad we are able to implement such tactics against a juggernaut like GWS :rolleyes:
Well that juggernaut was above us on the ladder there happyface.

So yes, to beat them tactically was a win.

Now open your mouth and swallow the victory like a good little supporter. And please don't choke on it. Wouldn't want anything bad to happen now..

Sorry my bad. I called you a supporter. I wont make that mistake again. My apologies. Not actually sure what you are. You never post anything good about the club or its actions.

Go Catters

Last edited:
Well that juggernaut was above us on the ladder there happyface.

So yes, to beat them tactically was a win.

Now open your mouth and swallow the victory like a good little supporter. And please don't choke on it. Wouldn't want anything bad to happen now..

Sorry my bad. I called you a supporter. I wont make that mistake again. My apologies. Not actually sure what you are. You never post anything good about the club or its actions.

Go Catters

:rolleyes:

Stay classy

It seemed like Gregson was quiet but I could be wrong I was focusing on others.
Oh my god freezing man I was in Bradman Stand in the shade (sun wasn't out for long though)!

Gregson seems to get caught more often than not atm, I think he needs to learn more about separation from his opponent at least when we've got the ball moving forward. Stoke's is a master at getting separation for possession.

Very happy with Jake Kolo's efforts, already looks quite solid and has a good turn of speed.... Murdoch has definately improved imo provides pace and size down back and through the middle.

Last edited:
I can't remember that one.... but the one against Blitz in the 3rd where he dived on top of the Giants bloke with it, stripped him off it and then was pinged was pure garbage...

The application of holding the ball was bizarre today, but they at least appeared to get it consistent over the course of the game. We got the good end of some pretty bad calls too.

i didn't get to turn on the TV till half time, and the first thing i heard was Sandy Roberts saying"....playing so well in these 3 weeks so it's an absolute tragedy what's happened." I immediately thought Menzel had gone down again in the VFL. turns out it was some fella called ablett. I think he plays for the suns. Glad it wasn't our super star menz! (the tone of this post is trying to keep in line with the menz hype on here. Pretty sure most think he is the next ablett snr.)
Menzel is the most gifted footballer Geelong has had since GAS, maybe except for GAJ.

Too much time listening to the talking heads perhaps? ;)
I don't listen to or watch much footy media even

My interest in the game is at an all time low

That's just me though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The conditions added to it no doubt, but I've been less and less impressed with footy in general each week this season I think
I don't watch many non Cats games these days but it's not so much the footy being played that's always evolving, it's more the divide between the best teams and the rest now means there isn't even a contest to watch.
So many games are over before 1/4 time.

tumblr_inline_nfizzcNcMe1sfthjn.gif

Now even the Mods are picking up on this Amy Whinehouse
Onya dazbroncos :thumbsu:

I don't listen to or watch much footy media even

My interest in the game is at an all time low

That's just me though

The footy media side of things I can understand.

Footy goes in cycles though, and this crowded, stop/start, defensive orientated game will eventually turn around. It always has.

only 4 goal scorers for us today. That's a big red flag in my book.

Nothing like a win against a young side to smooth over the cracks

I really need this guy to gtfo off this forum. He's the type of person that would have been pissed that we only won the 07 GF by 119. "SHOULD HAVE BEEN 150 FFS POOR COACHING BY BOMBER IN THAT LAST QUARTER"

I'm confused - Geelong played yesterday and Selwood played but I can't find a thread in the Ump,MRP,Tribunal & Rules section complaining about something Selwood did.

Surely the "GWS" ;) fanboy that loves starting the Selwood threads was watching
I did read the usual dribble from the Hawfies board.

Quarter time... "Good to see Selwoods back, frees GWS 2 Selwood 3"

This whole competition is obsessed with Joel :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back