Official Team Thread Geelong Gumbies S18 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A big thanks to our Major Sponsor - STUD UNDIES

stud_undies_1.jpg

For Men Who DONT Have To Try To HARD!

Geelong Gumbies : 20.14.134
Gold City Royals : 15.13.103

Gumbies 7 wins in a row.....Who would have thought that after we sat bottom of the pile after round 2. Well qooty is a funny game and we find ourselves the hunted with another would be side no match for us. We came out all guns blazing with a stunning 8 goal first term and while we looked a tad shaky to start the last stanza, we steadied when needed and recorded a comfortable 31 point win. Its a terrific feeling amongst our group at the moment and a win to savour given it was the milestone game 50 for Tayl0r Congratulations babe and well done on a cracking match.

226489-harry-taylor.jpg

Again we had solid contributions all over the park with not one player not in double figures for DT points. That in itself shows that we share the load beautifully and at any given moment if someone is having an off day another will pick up the slack without the team missing a beat.

We did however have several outstanding performances. Tayl0r was simply on fire with 33 possession, 8 marks and 2 goals, SOPH_CROSS again showed she can mix it up On & Off the field with 22 disposals and 6 marks. In fact her form is crying out for a better role and it will come if she keeps this up. Bucketss was sensational at FF kicking 7 majors, GETSOMENUTS got off the hospital bed to dominate in the ruck with 14 HO, 27 touches and 4 goals. The skipper continued his recent run of form with 30 possessions and 6 tackles

Nominations for STUD of the Week - ABH, GSN, Tayl0r and Bucketss

Special thanks goes to our Stud Sponsor of the Week - Lance "Buddy" Franklin for his outstanding performance on the weekend. 19 kicks, 13 marks and 9 goals 4. Not a bad day out in average conditions at the SCG. You may go onto to win a flag but this will sit nicely on your cabinet. Congratulations for being this weeks Stud of the Week Sponsor

AFL-Buddy-Swans.jpg

Well as long as we keep winning there will be no DUD of the Week Award. Well done team you have earnt yet another NO UNDIE SUNDAY/MONDAY CELEBRATION

STUDETTE of the Week - Tayl0r
DUD of the Week - N/A

Stud
Round 1 - Mr Gor
Round 2 - A Bit High
Round 3 - Mr Gor
Round 4 - apollo_creed
Round 5 - typeclub
Round 6 - GETSOMENUTS
Round 7 - Tayl0r
Round 8 - SM
Round 9 - Tayl0r

Dud
Round 1 - A Bit High
Round 2 - peterss
Round 3 - N/A
Round 4 - A Bit High
Round 5 - N/A
Round 6 - N/A
Round 7 - N/A
Round 8 - N/A
Round 9 - N/A

Things can quickly change team so stay focused.

Message to all players who are not in a position they prefer.

Show me how much you want it!

Not by a day or two but by giving me your all.

We have an exciting time ahead, so get on board the train!!!

TOOT TOOT!!

Just on my above post, feel free to drop me a PM to discuss preferred position but before you do think about the following questions.

- has my activity warranted a better spot?
- is my activity better than those in the spots I want? If so who?
- do I deserve my current spot due to my activity?

If you think about those questions and believe you are warranted a better spot please come and chat to me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah pretty good. I see things have been going very well for the Gumbies this season. Seven in a row, no?

Yes mate, we lost our opening 2 matches but the group have stuck together really well. We are averaging 14-18 posters per match thread and regularly having 7-10 hit double figures.

Things are very strong at the moment....but we always have room for Bacon :)

Yes mate, we lost our opening 2 matches but the group have stuck together really well. We are averaging 14-18 posters per match thread and regularly having 7-10 hit double figures.

Things are very strong at the moment....but we always have room for Bacon :)
Well, that's great to hear. Hope you can continue the streak against the Roys. Never really liked them.

As for room for bacon? well, never say never ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back