Preview Geelong V North Sun Jul 9 110pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels like this could be an important game personally for Bowes.

He is very much on the fringe and is finally back in the starting side.

It would be nice for him to really show something... Not sure he has "it" though.
A couple of us said it in preseason, but particularly after his injury he's a 'next year' proposition for mine.

Another year to learn the system, uninterrupted pre-season, and some added responsibility with a couple of retirements.

You're right, he might not have 'it'...but even the great Gary Jnr said it took him a year to really get his head around how we play in 2019. I'm willing to give Bowes some leeway.

So Gunston dropped and gone to VFL, comes back today and kicks 6 giving him some form back and confidence, that's what I'm hoping for with some of our boys. Play well against a bottom opposition and get a roll on. We won't get another opportunity this year.

If we play poorly or lose, then it's hard to see us making the 8.
If we lose to North at home we forfeit any right to play finals

If we just win, it’s line ball IMO

Hmm I'm not so sure. Sydney massacred West Coast to "run into form". 2 weeks later their season is over.

Carlton did the same earlier in the year before a losing streak.

Collingwood had a scrappy few goal win against the Roos and kept purring beautifully after.

So I'm not sure if there's a connection there for a 90 point win saving our season any more than a regulation 40 point one.

To be fair the s**t parts of the media built that up that they were back but most people saw that Sydney at home bullied a basket case and then had us, Richmond and the Bulldogs next week and it was results in those 3 games that would be telling.
Right now they have 2 points from a possible 8 but the Bulldogs game is at the SCG where they are a better team this year.

Dogs are a good chance to beat the Swans next week despite their inconsistency and if that happens Swans could be 2 or 2.5 games out of the 8.
I'm not on the "Swans season over" bandwagon yet but they have the Dogs (H) Freo (A), Bombers (A), Giants (A), Suns (H), Croms (A), Demons (H) for their run in and if they lose 2 of the next 3 they are done for the year.

Wasn’t there a stretch for several years Sydney belted us at skilled?

Not sure they necessarily belted us, but they had a few good wins over us. It seemed to be that we would do well at the SCG & they did well at KP - kind of the opposite of home ground advantage

I must admit I dont get why people were talking up a Hardie debut, looks exceedinly average to me whilst guys are repeatedly backing up good form, wouldn't be in our first 30 picked right now.

Mullin vs Whyte is clear cut.

Whyte could be OK, seems to have a few strengths.

Mullin will be a ******* star.
Whyte has far more defensive nous, which is important when you are bringing in a guy to play Bews role, it won't matter on a basketcase of a forward line like North but dangerous smalls are kicking a bag on Mullin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of us said it in preseason, but particularly after his injury he's a 'next year' proposition for mine.

Another year to learn the system, uninterrupted pre-season, and some added responsibility with a couple of retirements.

You're right, he might not have 'it'...but even the great Gary Jnr said it took him a year to really get his head around how we play in 2019. I'm willing to give Bowes some leeway.
Play him in the right role would help, best footy for both GC and us was in defence, srop trying to turn the guy into a midfielder.

Gameday

GO Catters

Injury interrupted season, playing in different positions thru necessity and need.. and a different system…
I’ll give him the year to get up to speed but I’d expect more in 24….
Live up to the mantle and pick 10 label more..

Go Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back