Game Day Geelong V North Sun Jul 9 110pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was 3 weeks before finals and we've all but sown up top 2/4, I'd excuse this performance, but we aren't, and sure percentage means nothing but FORM means everything and if we continue this into the last and fizzle out to a 7-8 goal win then watch us be 4 goals down quickly next week.
Ruthlessness was why we won 16 in a row last season, we kept the foot down and didn't relent.

If this was 3 weeks before finals and we've all but sown up top 2/4, I'd excuse this performance, but we aren't, and sure percentage means nothing but FORM means everything and if we continue this into the last and fizzle out to a 7-8 goal win then watch us be 4 goals down quickly next week.
Ruthlessness was why we won 16 in a row last season, we kept the foot down and didn't relent.
Completely agree. The fire just doesn't look to be there at the moment.

North have actually had more scoring shots since quarter time. This is just what I hoped wouldn't happen - we've put the cue in the rack.

In a way I hope that's a conscious strategy, and not just mental laziness.

For them to think they have control over their ability to switch it up is reassuring, even if it smells a little like arrogance, whereas mental laziness can be a cancer.

* sake Stewart that's dumb twice

It's that sort of passage from Stewart which has me dropping him down the list of our most dependable players

Over the last 18 months, we've started to see those things creep into his game, along with the one step kicks which we saw in the second quarter & they just put his teammates under pressure

At his best there's no doubt he's at the pointy end in terms of our best & most dependable players, but I'd like to see him clean up a few of those dumb little things, because he is a better player than he shows at times

I'd have Miers as our most dependable player this season - we know what we're going to get from him each week, and he's turning into a super solid player - going to be a well deserved 100 games in the hoops next week

Poor free to Holmes there...tackle for sure but that wasnt a free

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back