Preview Geelong V North Sun Jul 9 110pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was our role on Bigfooty? We know best here for sure!! 😯
i think there is a line between "i don''t understand the decision or agree with it" given the inferior information and positions of knowledge we hold as spectators... but ultimately respecting they are quality and intelligent decision makers down at geelong who know their stuff.

in comparison to "scott and our assistants know nothing, my decision making and knowledge is superior, if i was running the shots we would have won 7 premierships in a row from 2007-2014".

i do see a difference with one being disagreeable or not understanding but resptful, and the other being plain arrogant and disrespectful

I think across the board you see a fair distribution of both examples

Geelong should win this one by 100 points. Therefore (on current form) we'll let the Kangas lead for most of the game until we pull the finger out in the last quarter and win by 14.
I honestly feel a lot of people have this game won before its actually played, North have a pretty decent midfield, yes they are bottom dwellers but us being arrogant with selections could hurt us, i remember people were saying the same thing about GWS a few weeks back and how terrible they were and look how that ended.

I honestly feel a lot of people have this game won before its actually played, North have a pretty decent midfield, yes they are bottom dwellers but us being arrogant with selections could hurt us, i remember people were saying the same thing about GWS a few weeks back and how terrible they were and look how that ended.
Bizzzarely I have no idea why… we are just a middle of the road side. If we are down anyone can beat us.

You only have to look at the first half against hawthorn to see that

Very surprised to see people disappointed with the Mullin selection here? He was great in his first full AFL game and would’ve easily kept his spot had he not been injured. Returned via VFL and was one of our best from all reports. Fully deserved selection especially as a Bews replacement and has nothing to do with gifting him a game cos he’s Irish

No not all but menegola has to show more at vfl before he plays AFL
I agree.

IMHO, right now Dempsey and Knevitt are ahead of Menegola. Past glories isn’t relevant to selection this week. It is relevant in terms of the possibility with 2-3 more weeks menegola could get back to near his best which then means he might be a better selection then - but then again he might not

I watched them all closely in last 2 VFL matches and menegola lacked pace and also run without the ball, whereas Dempsey and Knevitt had great games. That might just be game fitness and in 2-3 weeks it changes. For now I will back the club to make the right decision and I assume they need to see more.

My guess is Dempsey is sub but it could be Knevitt - and I think menegola has a couple more in the VFL before we know the pecking order for the pointy end

Like constable tearing it up in the VFL every week with 30 touches and BOG?? And half of the geelong board carrying on how he is being treated unfairly, then goes to GCS and also gets put in the reserves.

Again, it’s never as simplistic as who performs better in the twos should play ahead

Totally agree with this, history is littered with players who have been a class above at the lower level but have been unable to take the step up, Constable being a perfect example.

Without disrespecting North, if we want to see how Menegola goes at the top level this would surely be the perfect week to give him a run (not going to happen though apparently)

For some reason this has been happening a lot in the last couple of years. When we play the worst sides they tend to bring the heat for once in a blue moon. It'd be nice to have an easy roll-over win but I just don't expect those any more.
You’re too kind, it’s happened for years.

Is it arrogance + complacency?

I think it’s disrespectful to teams lower on the ladder 😫

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be playing Knevitt as an inside mid at AFL level, where he performed at Falcons level and looked competent. He just doesn't look the same playing an outside wing role and doesn't have the pace.
Good call 👏🏻

Knevitt, Mullin and Dempsey... Would love to see all three get full games.

If playing them weakens us so bad that we can't smoke a team at home that has lost 13 in a row then so be it... because we'd are just making up the numbers anyway.
Plus Mullin is absolutely delicious eye candy 😏

Don’t come at me! I’m a harmless cat lady

Interesting how different the three Irishmen are. Mullin is inhumanly fast and rocks the man bun, like if Barry Allen was an Irish samurai. O'Connor has a haircut you could set your watch to. And Tuohy looks like he's about to open a microbrewery with money he got robbing a stagecoach.

1688791377797.gif

It feels like this could be an important game personally for Bowes.

He is very much on the fringe and is finally back in the starting side.

It would be nice for him to really show something... Not sure he has "it" though.

So Gunston dropped and gone to VFL, comes back today and kicks 6 giving him some form back and confidence, that's what I'm hoping for with some of our boys. Play well against a bottom opposition and get a roll on. We won't get another opportunity this year.

If we play poorly or lose, then it's hard to see us making the 8.

It feels like this could be an important game personally for Bowes.

He is very much on the fringe and is finally back in the starting side.

It would be nice for him to really show something... Not sure he has "it" though.
Agree. With Bews out for maybe 2 more games Bowes and Oisin might be playing for that role? If they both play well along with MOC there could be a squeeze in that type of player too?

So Gunston dropped and gone to VFL, comes back today and kicks 6 giving him some form back and confidence, that's what I'm hoping for with some of our boys. Play well against a bottom opposition and get a roll on. We won't get another opportunity this year.

If we play poorly or lose, then it's hard to see us making the 8.
Hmm I'm not so sure. Sydney massacred West Coast to "run into form". 2 weeks later their season is over.

Carlton did the same earlier in the year before a losing streak.

Collingwood had a scrappy few goal win against the Roos and kept purring beautifully after.

So I'm not sure if there's a connection there for a 90 point win saving our season any more than a regulation 40 point one.

Hmm I'm not so sure. Sydney massacred West Coast to "run into form". 2 weeks later their season is over.

Carlton did the same earlier in the year before a losing streak.

Collingwood had a scrappy few goal win against the Roos and kept purring beautifully after.

So I'm not sure if there's a connection there for a 90 point win saving our season any more than a regulation 40 point one.

We also had a big 2nd half against the Hawks which started our best footy for the year and our only winning streak.

We've won only 2 of the last 7, a big win could be what our club needs IF we can get it.

Sometimes footy players just need to remember how good they are, especially Geelong after a pretty poor year to date where we're struggling for continuity and even getting a win seems hard, let alone back to back wins etc.

For whatever reason it’s obvious the two Sydney teams play Skilled stadium very well.
or only one of them

Don't forget that the other Sydney team got done by 93 points at KP earlier this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back