Status
Not open for further replies.
geelong there as he is over the bully tactics of the coach
this was to force the issue and be done with

the crap out of port - is ridiculous - and some idiot on this board
they will not get pick 4
he is no judd
will be our first round pick

Question is - is boak even worth our first round pick?

I believe wells armed with pick 12 - 15, and our development systems are greater return than boak.

Boak is a good player, better than average, but far from elite. He is a slower slightly less skilled version of Kelly. No doubt he would help our mid (especially selwood) but he's not going to drastically improve our list.

IMO our comp pick is of slightly less value to us than our first rounder as we can get an extra year of development in to the draftee this year. I would offer the comp instead of the first rounder. If push comes to shove, maybe another pick (3rd round).

Port are known to be difficult and stubborn to deal with. I really hope we don't let them walk all over us in a trade especially when the font hold any power. If they refuse to let him go for anything less than our comp plus first rounder than good luck to boak and the melb club that gets him I say.

Remember that boak now is exactly what McLean was when he went to Carlton: blue collar workman like mid that was once a young gun with potential. I would like to think we develop our players better than Carlton but this notion cant be ignored.

I would rather lose him for nothing than give him away for bugger all
Think I said you'd get a reasonable offer.

Methinks in your clubs position a reasonable offer would get the green light. But if you want to cut off your nose to spite your face you can always remain an 'also ran'.;)

The only reason why they have gone into meltdown is that Boak should have made this decision at the mid year break when he said he was going to. There is next to no chance of him staying at Port but he is too scared to make the announcement now as Port will not play him for the rest of the year. He is holding the club to ransom and should be forced to publicly announce his intentions ASAP. I don't have anything against Geelong for approaching him today but Boak has to accept responsibility for the position he is now in. Personally I can't see what the Cats can offer for him?

What happens if Travis Cloke ends up going to Melbourne eating up their cap space and thus their ability to take on Boak?
Would you not think that a package of say our 1st or Compo pick and 2nd round picks would be attractive for Boak and Ports third rounder is attractive?

I would rather lose him for nothing than give him away for bugger all

So you don't want to give him away for much in return.

To do this you will give him away for nothing?

As the great Pauline would say "Please Explain"

Good thing you're not the Operations Manager for Port then
This is why (and I mean no offence) Port are where they as a club. It's a petulant attitude of a small time operation. Cutting off your nose to spite your face. No other club is going to respect you for that. It's like "great this shit again with Port" we'll just have to find another way to get the deal done and consequently other clubs benefit. I just hope Hawthorn paying overs for Burgoyne hasn't ruined it for us.

I hope we dont use our first round pick for Boak, from what I've seen, he's just not THAT good. As has been said, he would not be as good as Kelly, and dont we need
Question is - is boak even worth our first round pick?

I believe wells armed with pick 12 - 15, and our development systems are greater return than boak.

Boak is a good player, better than average, but far from elite. He is a slower slightly less skilled version of Kelly. No doubt he would help our mid (especially selwood) but he's not going to drastically improve our list.

IMO our comp pick is of slightly less value to us than our first rounder as we can get an extra year of development in to the draftee this year. I would offer the comp instead of the first rounder. If push comes to shove, maybe another pick (3rd round).

Port are known to be difficult and stubborn to deal with. I really hope we don't let them walk all over us in a trade especially when the font hold any power. If they refuse to let him go for anything less than our comp plus first rounder than good luck to boak and the melb club that gets him I say.

Remember that boak now is exactly what McLean was when he went to Carlton: blue collar workman like mid that was once a young gun with potential. I would like to think we develop our players better than Carlton but this notion cant be ignored.
Agree so much had to quote it, we should not get obsessed with Boak as if he's going to be another Ottens - like saviour. He just is not that good. Beams, Thomas( Pies), now you're talking. Sloane has signed up.

I thought I't would be in Ports long term interest that Boak come to Geelong so that we can flog some poor sucker in a Grand Final by more than 119 points in the future.
Thats not a record you want for ever.

Why be such a w@nker:thumbsdown:

This is why (and I mean no offence) Port are where they as a club. It's a petulant attitude of a small time operation. Cutting off your nose to spite your face. No other club is going to respect you for that. It's like "great this shit again with Port" we'll just have to find another way to get the deal done and consequently other clubs benefit. I just hope Hawthorn paying overs for Burgoyne hasn't ruined it for us.

Nah, we've made it clear that if someone wants to leave we expect a fair trade rather than being done over, pretty simple logic really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They way Port pull crowds to their games they won't have to worry when their shitful club is gone in around 2 years time lol
LOL no wonder every player who gets drafted there wants to leave.

Keilor EDFL under 14's is run better than the shithole that is Port Adelaide

That is a very shit thing to say.

I'm disgusted.
And reported

LOL no wonder every player who gets drafted there wants to leave.

Keilor EDFL under 14's is run better than the shithole that is Port Adelaide

your dumb trolling post was deleted from our board so now your carrying on like a little child from the safety of your own board. What a pathetic human being you are

your dumb trolling post was deleted from our board so now your carrying on like a little child from the safety of your own board. What a pathetic human being you are
Pathetic is your football club stupid

what exactly did he say that's so out of line?

vinum come on dude, your the last bloke to be reporting what other posters say from some of the garbage we put up with in the live game threads :thumbsdown:

Agree with AKONER...Port Adelaide are a putrid footy club and wouldn't be surprised 70% of Boak's decision is based on the long-term prospects of both Geelong or Port Adelaide.
Nothing wrong with that, it's just reality as Port Adelaide have currently won 4 matches and lose 11

Agreed, nothing wrong with what he said.

We could one day become a rabble, so what. Facts of footy.

Please keep the discussion on topic people.

Focus on the issue, whether you do or don't want Boak and what you think a reasonable trade is.

Namecalling the PAFC is not necessary and drags the thread off topic. Consider this a general warning,posts of that type of nature will be deleted.

Likewise, Port supporters are welcome here but remember this is another team's board and you need to familiarise yourself with our board rules before posting.

I don't know much about Boak since I don't watch port unless it's against us. But what from what I read is a decent footballer but nothing special that fills the 24 year old gap in the mids. So why all they hype? By the looks of the discussion on our forum you swear having Boak will make us a top 4 side again.

Am I missing something?

Would rather us try getting Beams off the Pies then if Boak is not as good as some suggest on here.

Am I missing something?

Would rather us try getting Beams off the Pies then if Boak is not as good as some suggest on here.

Put Beams in Port's squad and Boak in Collingwood's list and then I reckon you would be after Boak at 100 mph.

I don't know much about Boak since I don't watch port unless it's against us. But what from what I read is a decent footballer but nothing special that fills the 24 year old gap in the mids. So why all they hype? By the looks of the discussion on our forum you swear having Boak will make us a top 4 side again.

Am I missing something?

Boak has a top 10 Brownlow finish and his potential is past the roof.

Would fit in well at Geelong, and could definitely become a top player here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back