List Mgmt. Geelong's interest in Travis Boak

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/call-for-open-season-on-cats-20120718-22an7.html

Sydney have some cheek don’t they?

Given their scavenging of other players lists over the years, how on earth can they be critical?

I would imagine this will provoke a furious reaction (in private at least) from Cook, especially towards the Eagles.

How many times do these people need to be told that Boak is not a free agent?

Would love to know when Sydney made contact with Mumford, Kennedy, McGlynn, Craig Bolton etc

Luv to see WC getting their skirts all blown up and spotty over us talking to Boak. As much as I hate to see it, the nature of the AFL landscape involving players is changing. This is not a Geelong Port thing but an AFL landscape issue. Unless the AFL wants a NRL type scenario then they need to institute a total ban on inter club player contact until the end of season. Then they can have the FA free for all that occurs in the NFL for example.

IF the AFL leave the current rules in place, poor sentiment and "clandestine" meeting will become the norm and player tampering will remain frnt page news.

Personally, I think they need to stamp it out completely mid season and fine clubs draft picks and $$ for breeches. Then clubs can have a week of negoitation time with any uncontracted or player seeking trade and then a 2 week period of dealing.

Do the draft after it and go away for xmas.

Go Catters

I am on record as saying I wasn't real impressed with the way Geelong went about their pursuit of Boak but I must say that article smacks of hypocrisy and short memories.

As someone else mentioned, Geelong lost both Ablett and Thompson through, hmmm, questionable means (thank god Gold Coast and Essendon didn't add their voice to this piece). Sheedy was once quoted as suggesting all clubs target Geelong to weaken their list.

Sydney has some cheek considering they obviously get into players during the season since their model is based on trading in players from other clubs. All done after the season has ended Sydney?? Please.

On top of it all "they both conceded every club approached players mid-season from time-to-time".

If every club does it, why does it matter if it is done in public or private?

If Nisbett is going to be quoted saying "the guy has a contract and [Port's] season is not over" then I'll kindly ask him to advise his club to not approach ANY player under contract at another club if he feels so strongly about it.

And any other club that feels the same way should set an example and only talk to players and managers once a player's contract expires.

Somehow I suspect that isn't going to happen though.

We've been beating up teams on the field for 5-6 years now, so any chance they get to give us a whack back they'll take it, even if it is just a pathetic little verbal one.

Rhode started discusions with boaks manager in melb last night
To the port fanta pants claiming he had signed i dont think so
Will happen but go back to your own board,

I stopped reading as soon as I read "by Caroline Wilson".
She is the biggest muck raker in all forms of Australian journalism and a blight on our game.
I can't remember the last decent article she has written.

And on the "NFL" style system, what's so bad about it?
I see it as a good thing if players are signing with other teams pre or mid season for the following season then playing on.

When you think about it, if they were openly allowed to do it and sign and play on, boak may have already made a decision and put everyone out of their misery.
And ablett would have signed with GC at the start of the season so we could have just got over it and enjoyed watching him play in his last season instead of the constant week in week out uncertainty!!

In that same article about Nisbett it says "While AFL football boss Adrian Anderson said Geelong had no case to answer in terms of rule breaches, the league is reviewing the contentious rule 4.7 relating to poaching. Anderson has said he has no desire for the competition to become an NRL-style system."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rhode started discusions with boaks manager in melb last night
To the port fanta pants claiming he had signed i dont think so
Will happen but go back to your own board,
Just like when that Geelong poster suggested Boak had signed to Geelong eh?

90876_10138.jpg

Anyway, good news that this is finally coming to an end and we can get back to focusing on the more important things in the Geelong/Port relationship like 119.

Been enjoyable, and though you don't seem to have enjoyed it as much, its been fun _Me_ :hearts:

I stopped reading as soon as I read "by Caroline Wilson".
She is the biggest muck raker in all forms of Australian journalism and a blight on our game.
I can't remember the last decent article she has written.

And on the "NFL" style system, what's so bad about it?
I see it as a good thing if players are signing with other teams pre or mid season for the following season then playing on.

When you think about it, if they were openly allowed to do it and sign and play on, boak may have already made a decision and put everyone out of their misery.
And ablett would have signed with GC at the start of the season so we could have just got over it and enjoyed watching him play in his last season instead of the constant week in week out uncertainty!!

Spot on there.

Geelong have already stated publically they accept we may lose players in this new era of free agency. The immaturity of clubs coming out saying "keep your grubby hands off" whilst hypocritically actively pursuing opposition players themselves during the season is kid's stuff and frankly fairly pathetic to read.

I understand Boak isn't a free agent, but the AFL has cleared our actions. Case closed. We haven't signed anyone up. If anything we have been completely open about it all. What Caro and these other clubs are really saying is, if you want to chase a player mid season make sure you do it covertly and dishonestly!!

Just like when that Geelong poster suggested Boak had signed to Geelong eh?

90876_10138.jpg

Anyway, good news that this is finally coming to an end and we can get back to focusing on the more important things in the Geelong/Port relationship like 119.

Been enjoyable, and though you don't seem to have enjoyed it as much, its been fun _Me_ :hearts:

again you were wrong
i stated at the start of the week the bloke changed his mind - he obviously has issues as he decided against his earlier decision

not sure why have taken the high moral ground when you were categorically wrong - dont worry about my statements worry about your own and on your own board

and why would his family want him away from port i wonder - maybe because they are such a top bunch

anyways next week it will be butcher who wants out - and watch the blues go after him

poor alan scott - even he got ripped by the worst club in the afl
basket case

who will always be remeber for playing in the 119 point grand final, and not much else

In that same article about Nisbett it says "While AFL football boss Adrian Anderson said Geelong had no case to answer in terms of rule breaches, the league is reviewing the contentious rule 4.7 relating to poaching. Anderson has said he has no desire for the competition to become an NRL-style system."

i think anderson has shown why dim sim should not take mideseason holidays
he is losing the plot

as for caro
bomber was entering into contract negotiations whilst still employed by the cats
and then proceeds to rip out an assistant or two

as for ablett - can't blame cold toast he wanted their $$$$

would just love it if shhh wants to come home

anyways next week it will be butcher who wants out - and watch the blues go after him

Butcher is well and truely under contract next year, so pelase cease making stuff up.

Its been interesting to see how vindictive your last posts have become as you have seen Trav slipping away.

Butcher is well and truely under contract next year, so pelase cease making stuff up.

Its been interesting to see how vindictive your last posts have become as you have seen Trav slipping away.

No need to be on our board anymore, we know Boak is staying with Port. We enjoyed your time here, but time to move on.

lol, got to love port
on their own board they are worried that butcher wants to move on if primus stays

port supporters why do you feel the need to be here - you have your own pathetic board

lol, got to love port
on their own board they are worried that butcher wants to move on if primus stays

port supporters why do you feel the need to be here - you have your own pathetic board

Because (unlike yourself) there are many good Geelong Posters who have put forward their opinions of this whole saga which make interesting reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back