List Mgmt. Geelong's interest in Travis Boak

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. If we could get him for our first rounder you would jump at it but like you I think it would take more than that.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I can imagine that if he designates a trade to the Bombers then they will do everything they possibly can to get it done. I would imagine one of their talls (i.e. Gumbleton or Carlisle) may need to be traded to a third party and that pick linked with their first to get a suitable deal.

Yeah. If pick 15 (our first rounder as of now) gets it done then do it but I doubt it will.

The Bombers will have no first round because of Daniher and their 2nd rounder has no value to GC as GC are struggling to clear spots for picks as it is, they won't want anything outside the top 30. I imagine the most likely trade is 2nd rounder + player to another club, if they can find a club with a pick 10-20 that is willing to give it up (then ontrade that to GC). I can't see them offering any of their talls other than Pears or Hooker who I doubt have the value to get it done, and Gumby much as he can play doesn't have the value due to durability. The question is will Caddy be pragmatic, because if he really wants to get home he'll probably have to give up on Essendon.

Yeah. If pick 15 (our first rounder as of now) gets it done then do it but I doubt it will.

The Bombers will have no first round because of Daniher and their 2nd rounder has no value to GC as GC are struggling to clear spots for picks as it is, they won't want anything outside the top 30. I imagine the most likely trade is 2nd rounder + player to another club, if they can find a club with a pick 10-20 that is willing to give it up (then ontrade that to GC). I can't see them offering any of their talls other than Pears or Hooker who I doubt have the value to get it done, and Gumby much as he can play doesn't have the value due to durability. The question is will Caddy be pragmatic, because if he really wants to get home he'll probably have to give up on Essendon.

Of course. Forgot about Daniher. Jeez that makes things tough for them. Makes it even more vital that we get in Caddy's managers ear. We at least have the ability to get the trade done.

I can see where you are coming from with this, living in Adelaide I think the sports media here needs a complete overhaul, but you can't have it both ways. You make up a story on here as bait for journo's and claim you have the inside info (fwiw I don't doubt you as Adelaide is small and everyone knows someone) so why wouldn't any trusting poster believe anything you say? But now you are laughing at the fact that some people believed you. As I said mate you can't have it both ways.

Also what's to say in two years time we go through all this again with Boak? Wasn't there some similar discussions the last time he signed a contract?

the thing is, im not interested in reputation or people believing me, so throwing a false rumour out there didnt bother me. I did let the mods know just in case however.

this is now the 4th contract boak has signed with Port. There were no issues last time - the media speculated, but boak said himself that he was never considered leaving, but did talk to his family first

there was more genuine doubt this time, because of external factors, so we may be talking about this again in 2 years, but he will be a restricted free agent and I would expect port to match any contract anyway. So its more likely 3-4 years where this is a viable option, at which point port will either be winning and he will want to stay, or if were losing, we will be open to trading for younger pieces for a rebuild so im not fussed

he is right - they are waiting for something
or else they are trying to fool the media
or they will announce it on the footy show next week - but wait no footy show
or port have no pens with ink

or maybe warrior is wrong - something he will never ever admit

fact is, its still being hammered out. the $$ and basics have been agreed to. Its just getting the i's dotted, and t's crossed and then arranging the actual signing. It wont be announced until its official. Its not signed yet, and port arent waiting for anything in particular - it will be announced when its signed - but lock it in as a done deal basically. he will be at port next year

fact is, its still being hammered out. the $$ and basics have been agreed to. Its just getting the i's dotted, and t's crossed and then arranging the actual signing. It wont be announced until its official. Its not signed yet, and port arent waiting for anything in particular - it will be announced when its signed - but lock it in as a done deal basically. he will be at port next year
I'm not disrespecting you at all when i say this, but unless YOU yourself have heard from Boak "I'm signing and staying at Port" it's just speculation. Speculating on what you've heard from somebody else.

I'm not disrespecting you at all when i say this, but unless YOU yourself have heard from Boak "I'm signing and staying at Port" it's just speculation. Speculating on what you've heard from somebody else.
no disrespect taken.

ill say though however that my information is very direct from people who are VERY much in the know, its not speculation. but as mentioned above, im not trying to prove myself, I dont care about "e-cred" - ill say what I know and those who know me and who my sources are will take it as gospel and those who dont can make their own judgements, im not fussed and completely understand why people would choose to not accept it as fact.....

no disrespect taken.

ill say though however that my information is very direct from people who are VERY much in the know, its not speculation. but as mentioned above, im not trying to prove myself, I dont care about "e-cred" - ill say what I know and those who know me and who my sources are will take it as gospel and those who dont can make their own judgements, im not fussed and completely understand why people would choose to not accept it as fact.....

I've learnt myself just recently to only believe the facts, and only when an announcement is made will i have conceded Boak is staying at Port.
You are probably 100% on the money and i'm not saying i don't believe you, it's the fact that i've been made to look a fool before from credible, close sources, so i take nothing as Gospel from now on.
It is speculation as your speculating on what you've been told.

no disrespect taken.

Roll eyes...gee the 119 fans aren't a very reliable source of information after what that flog warrior trotted out.

no disrespect taken.

See Pheonix, this is what i was talking about the other day. Your club is in the middle of hugely important negotiations with your best player, and somebody from high up in your club is feeding you information as they go, which ends up on Big Footy? Sorry, but thats really unprofessional from where I stand and quite worrying for your club in my opinion.

See Pheonix, this is what i was talking about the other day. Your club is in the middle of hugely important negotiations with your best player, and somebody from high up in your club is feeding you information as they go, which ends up on Big Footy? Sorry, but thats really unprofessional from where I stand and quite worrying for your club in my opinion.

What about _me_, it isn't fair.............................:);)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked the look of Stringer forssie....showed enough to suggest to me that he will be better than serviceable.......

each to their own...i wasnt that impressed, just looked like an honest trier. then again, i wasnt enamoured with prismall when everyone else thought he was the second coming.

What about _me_, it isn't fair.............................:);)

what about him? most geelong posters here were blaise about his posts.

And this all came just a week after it was reported that Melbourne, Fremantle AND Carlton had all offered Travis Cloke contracts.
Had these clubs not spoken at all to Cloke?
While I should let sleeping dogs lie, my annoyance at the (percieved) double standards here still makes my blood boil.

Caro - have a look at your own newspaper today...

Melbourne and Fremantle are believed to have already tabled deals to the 25-year old, who is still attracting nationwide interest despite suffering a downturn in form that recently led some commentators to call for him to be dropped. Cloke himself has already admitted that the deal from Fremantle is worth close to $1 million per season - a figure with which Collingwood wouldn't be able to compete but the Giants certainly would.

Already tabled?? So while Brian Cook, as recently as Monday night (and his grilling reignited this for me), still has to fend off Gerard Healy about Geelong openly approaching Boak, Melbourne and Fremantle have no spot-light turned on them after (allegedly) making an offer...to a player under contract. Something I thought could be in breach of the AFL's Rule 4.7. Could dangling a 1 million dollar carrot in front of a player (something Cloke admits to) be construed as enticing him to quit?

Again, it seems that all this is all alright as long as it is done privately (although I'd ask how private is it when papers are reporting it??)

Honestly, where is the outraged CEO's of West Coast & Sydney now?

If clubs feel that strongly, then force the AFL to outlaw approaches to players until season end or contract end...but if people think Trade Week is slow going now, watch it dry up if this happens.

The AFL appears to have put the rule up for review last month with the clubs, be interesting to see if anything falls out of it or if some club's bark is bigger than their bite.

Remember, be careful what you wish for...

Never mind, you lot are so super serious if a poster from another team posts here - try to lighten up a bit:confused:
we are preparing for finals
you are rejoicing in the fact that your captain talked to everyone and could not be bothered moving

our board - and again are you bored or is your own board bereft of any communication that you gravitate here

run along little fella

the thing is, im not interested in reputation or people believing me, so throwing a false rumour out there didnt bother me. I did let the mods know just in case however.

this is now the 4th contract boak has signed with Port. There were no issues last time - the media speculated, but boak said himself that he was never considered leaving, but did talk to his family first

there was more genuine doubt this time, because of external factors, so we may be talking about this again in 2 years, but he will be a restricted free agent and I would expect port to match any contract anyway. So its more likely 3-4 years where this is a viable option, at which point port will either be winning and he will want to stay, or if were losing, we will be open to trading for younger pieces for a rebuild so im not fussed

So why post on an internet forum then?

I used to work for a member of the Port board and he wouldn't let anything slip about the club (even after a few drinks), I am sure he'd wouldn't be happy there are people out there talking/writing about the inner workings of the club. But quite frankly Port have been a mess since 2008 so I am not really surprised by anything they do.

[quote="darren forssman, post: 24996336, member: 24541", i wasnt enamoured with prismall when everyone else thought he was the second coming
[/quote]

Well you were pretty close to the money there!! OF course, injury cruelled him...he may have been good, we will never really know unless he comes back from the "dead".

Lets wait on Stringer though and see where he's at next year. We may get a chance to discuss him further.

While I should let sleeping dogs lie, my annoyance at the (percieved) double standards here still makes my blood boil.

Caro - have a look at your own newspaper today...

Already tabled?? So while Brian Cook, as recently as Monday night (and his grilling reignited this for me), still has to fend off Gerard Healy about Geelong openly approaching Boak, Melbourne and Fremantle have no spot-light turned on them after (allegedly) making an offer...to a player under contract. Something I thought could be in breach of the AFL's Rule 4.7. Could dangling a 1 million dollar carrot in front of a player (something Cloke admits to) be construed as enticing him to quit?

Again, it seems that all this is all alright as long as it is done privately (although I'd ask how private is it when papers are reporting it??)

Honestly, where is the outraged CEO's of West Coast & Sydney now?

If clubs feel that strongly, then force the AFL to outlaw approaches to players until season end or contract end...but if people think Trade Week is slow going now, watch it dry up if this happens.

The AFL appears to have put the rule up for review last month with the clubs, be interesting to see if anything falls out of it or if some club's bark is bigger than their bite.

Remember, be careful what you wish for...

Spot on there mate.

I thought Cook batted the questions away with the indifference they deserved. We have made all the concessions we need to on this issue, and I reckon a few will look a bit silly when FA gets into full swing. I know Boak isn't a free agent but the landscape will change as a result regardless.

The media of course simply chase the angle of the story that will make the best headlines, we shouldn't read any more into than that.

As for the misinformation on this issue, it just goes to show why the Cats headed over there. Been so much BS spoken on this topic they probably thought it best to set the record straight on any offer.

In the end Geelong might actually turn out to be one of the only clubs telling the full truth in their potential recruitment dealings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back