List Mgmt. Geelong's interest in Travis Boak

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stringer has been at cats for 3 years so should of been pushing for games, and he good on him he did. Sherringham has been here 1 year and I think has showed just as much. So it's a toug call on whether they keep him, I hope they do.
Stringer also battled injury for the early part of his career and had a senior coach that by 2010 wasn't overly interested in blooding youth. His only real shot has come this year as he's finally been match fit and has a coach who promotes youth.

Stringer was also rookie drafted straight from school footy in Adelaide whereas Sheringham is much more mature physically.

Trouble is, they are both kinda the same player so one will probably have to go unfortunately.

Back on the Boak topic, I heard musings from Crackers Keenan on Mondayitis that Geelong may consider Primus as a ruck coach to sweeten the deal to get Boak

Stringer also battled injury for the early part of his career and had a senior coach that by 2010 wasn't overly interested in blooding youth. His only real shot has come this year as he's finally been match fit and has a coach who promotes youth.

Stringer was also rookie drafted straight from school footy in Adelaide whereas Sheringham is much more mature physically.

Trouble is, they are both kinda the same player so one will probably have to go unfortunately.

Back on the Boak topic, I heard musings from Crackers Keenan on Mondayitis that Geelong may consider Primus as a ruck coach to sweeten the deal to get Boak
When was the last time one of Crackers musings actually got up?

When was the last time one of Crackers musings actually got up?
Haha fair call but I don't mind the old bugger.. From what I remember of last year he picked that the Pies were starting to get a bit ragged by about Round 14. Given the way they ended the year it had a bit of merit. He seems fairly well connected in footy circles, though obviously his words aren't gospel. Interesting nonetheless

Close the Thread....Should we go after Josh Caddy ?
Not really. Boak filled a need which is why we wanted. Chasing Caddy would be just chasing someone for the sake of it as he fills no immediate need for us.

Gotta say its disappointing for all parties. We missed out on a player who could of been a handy addition, Boak will continue to play for a failure of a club whilst likely remaining an average footballer and Port are paying Boak double what he is worth and will have to go through this all again in 2 years.

Shit results all round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so now thats over is there anyone else who fits the mould?
I know from our point of view using the picks to get some kids and developing them, and who we currently have is probably the best but I still feel if we can fill that roll for next year we could be back into the top 2 or so quite easily, so lets pretend the Cats are desperate (we know they arent but for arguments sake) to get that inside mid, who else?
Would we go after Goddard?

Your loss Boak, everyone knows you will be doing the same thing during the 2014 season, but by then, we won't be interested, so you should have just signed a 5-year deal and stayed at that rabble of a club.

Moving on, i doubt we will go after Goddard, i can't see him wanting to move to the Cats either. Josh Caddy? No thanks.

Is there anyone else? And don't say Moloney.

Why would we go after Goddard? He is 27, we have an abundance of 27 - 30 year old champions.
Would be handy, but we need to either put the work into the younger kids or get a 21 - 25 year old onballer.

Personally, whilst Boak would have been a good asset, with the talent that is to come back into the team next season we will be right.
Look at a fully fit Menzel & Varcoe, heck look at the way Vardy played last week which was his first senior game in over a year and only a few back from bad injury.

We got some very very good prospects to slot in, along with another preseason into the likes of Bundy, Duncan, Hunt and the plethora of guys in VFL pushing for selection like Stringer, Simpkin etc.
Players like Kelly & Chapman seem to have found a new lease of life, especially Chappy back in the forward line looks sublime.

And then there is a one T Hawkins......

Couple that with whatever gem Wells finds in whats supposed to be a super draft this year & you have to wonder why we went after boak in the first place!

is everyone neglecting to recognize that this article is written by Caroline Wilson, and therefore probably a load of s**t?

Lol, that thought did cross my mind when I read it.
She is the AFLs best muckraking journo after all - Caroline "go with juicy rumor before fact" Wilson.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back