Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he really think they were going to turn the bells and whistles on for him.

He’s chasing the bucks and good luck to him but please don’t make it something it ain’t Paddy

Now now - let's not be too harsh on anyone who wants to pour s**t on the filth!

This is a really sad story concerning Willie Rioli.
I know you're the master of your own destiny - and ultimately he'll get whatever punishment he deserves for stuffing up. But ...

I've followed his career from the time he was a student at the Aboriginal college, Clontarf in Perth. And also saw him play early on for South Fremantle.
He wasn't particularly fit then but was hugely talented - playing above his age level and against bigger opponents.
And then happily married with a young son.

I really hope he isn't lost to footy.

I wonder about the quality of the mentoring program and the footy culture at West Coast. Particularly given the dreadful recent drug related history at West Coast, it's really perplexing how this incident and his drug taking could have occurred.
I bet it wouldn't have happened if he'd been surrounded by the likes of Roughie, Burgoyne, Impey, Wingard and others.

This is a really sad story concerning Willie Rioli.
I know you're the master of your own destiny - and ultimately he'll get whatever punishment he deserves for stuffing up. But ...

I've followed his career from the time he was a student at the Aboriginal college, Clontarf in Perth. And also saw him play early on for South Fremantle.
He wasn't particularly fit then but was hugely talented - playing above his age level and against bigger opponents.
And then happily married with a young son.

I really hope he isn't lost to footy.

I wonder about the quality of the mentoring program and the footy culture at West Coast. Particularly given the dreadful recent drug related history at West Coast, it's really perplexing how this incident and his drug taking could have occurred.
I bet it wouldn't have happened if he'd been surrounded by the likes of Roughie, Burgoyne, Impey, Wingard and others.
Quality of mentoring you say....

Let's face it if a young guy wants to do it he will. We couldn't keep Dayle Garlett in line.

Quality of mentoring you say....

View attachment 753051

Let's face it if a young guy wants to do it he will. We couldn't keep Dayle Garlett in line.

Well there you go.
That's a really really disturbing photo.

Dayle Gartlett was a hopelessly lost cause when he came to Hawthorn. We thought we could remedy that precisely because we had the quality of people at the club who could help him. But as we found out he was far beyond saving - and didn't want to be mentored or helped.
Willie Rioli was the exact opposite when he was drafted by West Coast.

Well, it was only MJ with Rioli. And while MJ in large quantities or over long term usage can have some bad effects, it’s not meth. His decision making errors were far beyond smoking weed (which I think is a poor but understandable decision). His real issue was not appreciating the substance and seriousness of the WADA doping regime. His apparently casual approach to MJ reflected his unserious approach to PED testing.

And in there is his mistake. Let’s hope that our own boys (and other players in the AFL) learn from his errors and re-appreciate that their access to the big dollars of big league footy comes with some strict and serious hurdles for their approach to chems and the testing regime around it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got a lot of respect for cogs' decision today.

Also saw a lot of people showed up to the open training, looks like the GWS bandwagon may just be arriving in the next 5 years.

C'mon dudes leave Willy alone ... FREE WILLY :thumbsu:
Great movie
b743d7e379236e1b7560cc6ca2d9aff5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I really can't wait till trade period opens so we can get some real action. I mean look at this turkey Tom Morris not even realising who is/isn't a free agent (UFA or RFA). If your gonna do a job then at least do a bit of research and know your s**t.

View attachment 752976
The clue is when people say "at best"
It's a red flag that they've got no ******* idea and just want to sound more emphatic.

They still haven't got over it. I love how it still burns so deep as he says 'we were the best team that year but they were the best team on the day' :)

F*ck best team of the day!!

Geelong actually wasn’t the best team of the 6 weeks leading into the GF.
Geelong has been winning but we were the form team of the last few rounds after our defeat by Richmond in round 20 - and were clearly the form team of the final series leading into the GF. We won our 2 finals by 50 points.
Geelong struggled to get over the Bullies in the PF and would have been in serious trouble if the Bullies had kicked straight. We were just bashing up our opposition.

I told a Geelong supporting mate at a GF eve lunch that I thought the Hawks would win the GF. He gasped for breath and asked why. I said because we’re the form side.

He hasn’t spoken to me since.

They still haven't got over it. I love how it still burns so deep as he says 'we were the best team that year but they were the best team on the day' :)
So the deliberate rushed behinds spoiled their tactics. To this day I wasn’t aware it had such an impact.

Suffer in ya jocks Stevie!

F*ck best team of the day!!

Geelong actually wasn’t the best team of the 6 weeks leading into the GF.
Geelong has been winning but we were the form team of the last few rounds after our defeat by Richmond in round 20 - and were clearly the form team of the final series leading into the GF. We won our 2 finals by 50 points.
Geelong struggled to get over the Bullies in the PF and would have been in serious trouble if the Bullies had kicked straight. We were just bashing up our opposition.

I told a Geelong supporting mate at a GF eve lunch that I thought the Hawks would win the GF. He gasped for breath and asked why. I said because we’re the form side.

He hasn’t spoken to me since.
Agree 100%. That’s why when idiots called it the Bradbury Cup it really annoyed me because it was far from that. Our dominance in the finals and games leading up to it was clear for all to see. And we were perhaps the only side that year that matched them in the H&A games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back