Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just spitballing.

If the expansion clubs came to pass for the reason of TV rights deals, beam in games on a weekly basis to Queensland and NSW audiences, fatten the pig so to speak.

Has anyone since crunched the numbers to see if the AFL has come out on the plus side of the ledger.

TV revenue 16 team comp = X dollars

TV revenue 14 team comp offer = ? dollars

Is the difference in contract from the two offers offset by the setup cost and continued expenditure.

Would make for some interesting reading if the numbers don't work

If you were the manager for these pick 1/2 kids, I reckon your advice would be "yeah, nah" on 4 years off the bat to the Suns
If they let you do 2

Its a Goldmine waiting to happen if your half good

Tell them your leaving at the end of 2 and the Gillions will start appearing
Then you end up a filthy rich ambassador doing a TV interview about how loyal you are to the club
You take your money knowing you've sold your soul to a soulless entity and give them just what they pay for not 1% more

Just spitballing.

If the expansion clubs came to pass for the reason of TV rights deals, beam in games on a weekly basis to Queensland and NSW audiences, fatten the pig so to speak.

Has anyone since crunched the numbers to see if the AFL has come out on the plus side of the ledger.

TV revenue 16 team comp = X dollars

TV revenue 14 team comp offer = ? dollars

Is the difference in contract from the two offers offset by the setup cost and continued expenditure.

Would make for some interesting reading if the numbers don't work
The numbers definitely work because they're upfront payment contracts.

The question is whether the revenue works for the TV rights holders. Are they getting the audience and ROI that were promised when they signed up to the billion dollar exclusive broadcasting rights?

So with the Gold Coast having the ability to pre-select some of the top Darwin talent, and fore-go the usual draft bidding system, I assume this means there's a fair likelihood of them poaching one of our 2020 NGA prospects?

Not only will the suns get to pre-select this top talent, but by fore-going the bidding system I assume this will mean they'll still have adequate draft points/picks to match other bids.

So the question is, will this Suns - Darwin academy arrangement fook our plans with the NGA kids

They can and they will.

So what happens at the end of two years when a kid says he is suffering being away from his family and friends and gets a letter from his doctor stating that he is experiencing anxiety and depression...

So with the Gold Coast having the ability to pre-select some of the top Darwin talent, and fore-go the usual draft bidding system, I assume this means there's a fair likelihood of them poaching one of our 2020 NGA prospects?

Not only will the suns get to pre-select this top talent, but by fore-going the bidding system I assume this will mean they'll still have adequate draft points/picks to match other bids.

So the question is, will this Suns - Darwin academy arrangement fook our plans with the NGA kids
Shouldn't. Our NGA is Katherine.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What if those kids move north for school or to play NTFL for a Darwin side?

If I was Richmond, I'd be asking questions about the father-son rule. Maurice Rioli Jr has played for St Mary's ... I wonder if the kids get a choice?
Kid gets the choice a la Nick Blakey. Could have gone to Brisbane or North as a F/S but went to Swans as an Academy product.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what happens at the end of two years when a kid says he is suffering being away from his family and friends and gets a letter from his doctor stating that he is experiencing anxiety and depression...
They might get Stockholm’s syndrome.

One less Grubwood in the league and the league is cleaner for it.

tenor.gif

I understand there's a whole mental health issue going on but its laughable that Geelong only wants to give up a 3rd round pick for Jack Steven but want 2 x top 10 picks minimum for Tim Kelly. The year before last Geelong wanted Ablett back and played the mental health / compassionate grounds card all the while denying Tim Kelly a move back to WA for compassionate grounds. The way Geelong goes about things is absolutely disgraceful and even though we've been shafted in the past (see Brad Hill) I am absolutely proud of the way our club has handled these things.

Jack Steven (29 years old) – Wants to go to Geelong for family support due to mental health issues. Aside from 2019 has only missed something like 7-10 games over his career and is very durable.

Tim Kelly (25 years old) – Wants to go back to WA for family support as one of his sons is autistic and the younger one showing signs of it as well.

Long story short I think Geelong is very wrong here and should at the bare minimum be offering a 2nd rounder for Steven. IMO its things like this why Geelong always has so much bad karma. I think this situation will get very ugly and if I was St Kilda then I'd be definitely highlighting what I have mentioned above to show what absolute tossers the GFC are.

I understand there's a whole mental health issue going on but its laughable that Geelong only wants to give up a 3rd round pick for Jack Steven but want 2 x top 10 picks minimum for Tim Kelly. The year before last Geelong wanted Ablett back and played the mental health / compassionate grounds card all the while denying Tim Kelly a move back to WA for compassionate grounds. The way Geelong goes about things is absolutely disgraceful and even though we've been shafted in the past (see Brad Hill) I am absolutely proud of the way our club has handled these things.

Jack Steven (29 years old) – Wants to go to Geelong for family support due to mental health issues. Aside from 2019 has only missed something like 7-10 games over his career and is very durable.

Tim Kelly (25 years old) – Wants to go back to WA for family support as one of his sons is autistic and the younger one showing signs of it as well.

Long story short I think Geelong is very wrong here and should at the bare minimum be offering a 2nd rounder for Steven. IMO its things like this why Geelong always has so much bad karma. I think this situation will get very ugly and if I was St Kilda then I'd be definitely highlighting what I have mentioned above to show what absolute tossers the GFC are.
Mission accomplished.

Quite happy to see players from the AFL Swans declaring their interest in moving to other clubs. Hoping a few more come in the coming weeks.

Personally (having come from Adelaide) I'm enjoying the player exodus at the Crows more. :thumbsu:

Is anyone going to be playing for Adelaide next year? I swear half the team has gone and the other half have one foot out the door. 🤣

AFL trades: Does anyone want to stay? Matt Crouch could follow Brad out the door at Crows

Personally (having come from Adelaide) I'm enjoying the player exodus at the Crows more. :thumbsu:

Is anyone going to be playing for Adelaide next year? I swear half the team has gone and the other half have one foot out the door. 🤣

AFL trades: Does anyone want to stay? Matt Crouch could follow Brad out the door at Crows

I'll be a tad miffed if we can't snap up a bargain in the Crows firesale. Forgarty would be perfect though I doubt they'd let him go, but Milera or Doedee would be great too. Probably wishful thinking but now's certainly the time to go raiding when the club's on its knees and lacking direction.

Quite happy to see players from the AFL Swans declaring their interest in moving to other clubs. Hoping a few more come in the coming weeks.
Amazing to think many players aren't overjoyed at the prospect of being coached by Longmire for the next four years. Except it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back