No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just odd that it’s the coke that’s likely to be his downfall. Not the assaults or the affair - but the coke. Weird world.
Yeah all I can think is that someone at channel 7 collects players as trophies and though Carey was the biggest trophy to have. No amount of polish can take the stench off of Carey though. Hope he is gone for good this time.

Just odd that it’s the coke that’s likely to be his downfall. Not the assaults or the affair - but the coke. Weird world.
Also weird that his godawful moronic, predictable, inane, "a big forward needs to take control of the game" commentary wasn't the downfall of his commentary career.

Also weird that his godawful moronic, predictable, inane, "a big forward needs to take control of the game" commentary wasn't the downfall of his commentary career.

95% of the commentators need to go. Standard is terrible.

But it was this kind of startling insight we were told that Daisy should shut up and let us hear.

Oh dear - taking ideas from rugby league. Think rugby has copied it too. A few around here won't be happy. Haha.

NRL stole it from the UK Super League.

NRL also largely copied the big freeze idea for their 'beanie round' and Indigenous round also. Not to mention the state of origin concept started in AFL before it hit Rugby League in 1980. I guess the AFL was due to pinch an idea off the NRL. Dare say the concept has been a decent money spinner hence why the AFL is doing it.

NRL stole it from the UK Super League.

NRL also largely copied the big freeze idea for their 'beanie round' and Indigenous round also. Not to mention the state of origin concept started in AFL before it hit Rugby League in 1980. I guess the AFL was due to pinch an idea off the NRL. Dare say the concept has been a decent money spinner hence why the AFL is doing it.

Gee you just shoulder charged the NRL into next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a champion Buddy is, most people where saying he'd never see out the 9 year deal when he signed it. Not only did he see it out, he's still kicking 50+ a season and signed a 1 year extension on top. Will go down the 4th leading goalkicker of all time and around the 1100 goal mark.

Astonishing.

"Magic round"?

That sounds exciting. I wonder what it is?

Maybe it's a round where the game rules are not known until game time? Nah, that can't be it, then it would be the same as the other 22 rounds :p
1001_MagicRoundabout.jpg

What a champion Buddy is, most people where saying he'd never see out the 9 year deal when he signed it. Not only did he see it out, he's still kicking 50+ a season and signed a 1 year extension on top. Will go down the 4th leading goalkicker of all time and around the 1100 goal mark.

Astonishing.
He’s missed nearly 2 years with injury and other reasons don’t forget

"Magic round"?

Maybe it's a round where the game rules are not known until game time? Nah, that can't be it, then it would be the same as the other 22 rounds :p

If you were genuinely curious - it's all games across the round played in the same city - most likely same ground. Dare say it would be 3 double headers and a triple header Thursday-Sunday or three triple-headers Friday-Sunday at the G.

"Magic round"?

The goal posts are lit up with LEDs that pulse in sync with the music between goals, the umpires wear capes, and 9 point super goals are back!

And in the red time of quarters... M-M-M-M-MULTI BALL!! hype siren fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back