General Media Grievances and Thumbs Down

Remove this Banner Ad

MOST OUTSTANDING SPECIAL COMMENTATOR - TELEVISION - Judged by Drew Morphett, Bev O'Connor, Peter Jackson – Luke Darcy, Channel 10

wtf.jpg

Thumbs down for whoever wrote the captions for Channel 10's preliminary final broadcast on Saturday, and for the director for letting it through unabated.

"Boundry rider" indeed. :thumbsdown::rolleyes:

I quite liked Channel 9's coverage of the NRL prelim.

The NZ fullback was running down the wing and had to kick which went into touch and it had a close up of him just after that, he quite angrily exclaimed '****' (thats the one starting with f that rhymes with duck), which was just beautifully picked up by the mics.

Channel Ten not broadcasting footy next 5 years.

The way I rank it is this

Old 7> Channel 10 > Channel 9 > New 7

I will miss their Broadcasts very much. I just hope Lachie is happy destroying Tens rating with his clash of interest.:mad::mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

TEN I HOPE YOU GET THE NEXT BROADCASTING RIGHTS IN 2017!!!

Check out the top 5 videos on the Collingwood Sun , oops I mean Herald Sun website

- Some hack re-signs with Collingwood.
- Some goofball Collingwood player flies in a plane.
- Spme loser Collingwood player high fives fans the day after a Grand Final loss.
- The goofy guy from the plane returns.
- Mike Sheahan discusses his Top 50 and tells us all why a Pies player was number 1.

How do they get away with this pro-Collingwood rubbish?

What's with Offsiders refusing to report the results of the NAB Cup? It may be preseason but it still draws crowds and I'm interested in how my team goes. When it does get a (brief) mention, that little jerk Whately rubbishes it and calls it the nothing cup. Virtually no coverage at all, and yet both Folau and Hunt are featuring so there would be some cross code interest at least.

what would the results tell you? nab cup isn't about results, it's about the players and their development - and injuries. all of which they've been quite extensive on in the recent weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gary Lyon - what a tool. How long until we see Danny Frawley or Billy Brownless in drag this season? What about the patronizing commentary of Brereton, Dunstall etc. calling everybody 'son'. And if we're lucky we can watch Robbo not knowing what to do with his hands on AFL 360. Oh, and then there's Bruce. And the proverbial twee classical music/slow motion football montage. And what's with the word 'remonstrate'? I get depressed listening to Walls. And so it goes for another year. The only real option is to listen to ABC Grandstand and watch the game with the telly turned down. Its the only way to relieve the anger.

Carn the Pies.

General Media Grievances - Let fly in here! MEGA THREAD

My dreams have come true.

Finally, I can watch the footy on TV and not have sit through McAvaney's homoerotic commentary with special comments from smug gits like Tom Harley.

Ah, Fox Footy Channel... worth every penny

Dennis Commetti is a self-important twat.

Should just stick to calling the game. But these days he wants to tell us all about how big his son is....

Blatantly just talks all over the game, reciting pre-rehearsed one liners to big note his humour. Meanwhile about 20 possessions have occurred but the exciting passage of play in the highlights reel has his obnoxious voice spewing unrelated crap.

Channel 7 needs to rein in his ego :thumbsdown:

Re: Thanks for the memories, Channel 7... Now &@$% Off!

My dreams have come true.

Finally, I can watch the footy on TV and not have sit through McAvaney's homoerotic commentary with special comments from smug gits like Tom Harley.

Ah, Fox Footy Channel... worth every penny

McAvaney has ruined the NAB grand final coverage by calling Taylor Walker 'Big Tex' every chance he gets. Makes my skin crawl.

Re: Dennis Commetti is a self-important twat.

After Yarran kicked his "Goal of the Year" last night MacAvany made the comment "Gee, that was almost Buddy-like wasn't it?" The comment gave me the absolute shits, but I was a bit worked up as it was (being a Tigers fan), so i thought I'd sleep on it.

It's still really pissing me off now 20 hours later though. Why can't he just shut the **** up about Buddy. Hawthorn weren't playing, give it a ****ing rest. It's almost enough to get me to make a formal complaint to Channel 7 in the hope that they try and get him to turn it down.

Re: Dennis Commetti is a self-important twat.

After Yarran kicked his "Goal of the Year" last night MacAvany made the comment "Gee, that was almost Buddy-like wasn't it?" The comment gave me the absolute shits, but I was a bit worked up as it was (being a Tigers fan), so i thought I'd sleep on it.

It's still really pissing me off now 20 hours later though. Why can't he just shut the **** up about Buddy. Hawthorn weren't playing, give it a ****ing rest. It's almost enough to get me to make a formal complaint to Channel 7 in the hope that they try and get him to turn it down.

You should go and complain to the ABC about Whateley making the same comparison for the same goal at the same time, then.

one for the haters of the Murdoch Press

Well fancy that, without Rupert Murdoch Jimmy Stynes & Sean Wight may never have come to our shores.
Source: none other than the Fairfax press
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-deal-in-the-drivers-seat-20120328-1vyrw.html

The man who oversaw the Irish experiment, former Melbourne chief executive and a foundation member of the VFL (later AFL) commission, Dick Seddon, says Stynes would never have come to Melbourne without the financial assistance of Murdoch, who provided much of the money for the club's Irish experiment.

''This whole thing wouldn't have happened if Rupert didn't finance it,'' Seddon told The Age yesterday.

WELL DONE RUPERT !!!

Re: one for the haters of the Murdoch Press

Gee, that's great. Now I feel better about them hacking the voicemail of a murdered child.

And thanks Rupert for making so many billions from doing so!

My hero ...

:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back