General Media Grievances and Thumbs Down

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno if many others have had the displeasure of hearing Justin Koschitzke's "special comments" for AFL Live on a Sunday arvo, but he is hands down one of, if not the worst commentator I have heard. His comments add nothing, and today all he said was "Collingwood can go up another gear here" over and over.
You're probably right but I must say that on watching 9's footy show on Sunday I was appalled at just how much attention is being given to Journalist's and their opinions. I'd much rather have comments from ex players who have some ability to talk on the subject (that excludes the likes of Brereton and Tony Shaw) rather than rely on people like Stevens, Barrett, Hutchinson and Carolyn Williams who are more intent on muck raising and pushing their politically correct agendas than genuinely discussing the game itself.

You're probably right but I must say that on watching 9's footy show on Sunday I was appalled at just how much attention is being given to Journalist's and their opinions. I'd much rather have comments from ex players who have some ability to talk on the subject (that excludes the likes of Brereton and Tony Shaw) rather than rely on people like Stevens, Barrett, Hutchinson and Carolyn Williams who are more intent on muck raising and pushing their politically correct agendas than genuinely discussing the game itself.

Agree wholeheartedly, but if they're going to do so, at least give the gig to players who can actually form a coherent sentence.

"Baschar Hurley", "Dylan Shiels", "Jarrod Polak" etc.

Seriously if you're getting paid as a football commentator/expert, at least know the players proper f***** names
Add 'Trengrove' to that list.

On a different note, Matthew Richardson must have said 'roll back' 45 times this weekend. Sick of Bruce talking about players' legs too, and Tom Harley mentioning 'courage' and 'brave'. Channel 7 commentary has never been so bad. It's depressing when the coverage goes from the Fox Footy preview to the Channel 7 commentary. So deflating, and not even in HD.

watching the old State of Origin game on Fox Footy that aired a couple of weeks ago, the commentary then compared to now is night and day. Straight calling, no nicknames, no errors in player identification, no stupid terms like 'hand candy'. No self indulgent commentary and pointless banter. It's so much better than the crap we put up with now.

watching the old State of Origin game on Fox Footy that aired a couple of weeks ago, the commentary then compared to now is night and day. Straight calling, no nicknames, no errors in player identification, no stupid terms like 'hand candy'. No self indulgent commentary and pointless banter. It's so much better than the crap we put up with now.

That's because commentators conducted themselves in the utmost professionalism back then.

*rates high on the "clackerbility stat" of pulling info out of your backside*

hi cleavy

i think war room is a different version of that weird arse show feat dunstall, brad scott and one other....theyd stand in a circle for the duration of the show and talk. camera panned upon one of the guys faces, with the back of another in the foreground. strange tv

There is probably a separate thread about this excluding The Cult of Robbo (what a joke)....he has to be the biggest flog reporting football at the moment. The other Chief football Writers for the Herald Sun over the years would be turning in their graves with some of the garbage that he pumps out. He also continually tries to make himself a "part" of our great game by incessantly talking over his guests which in most cases are eminently more qualified i.e. players or ex-players! My biggest beef however is his reporting of the Essendon fiasco.....far, far too close to Hird & has no perspective or balance at all reacting to real Journalists objective stories far too personally. His discussion/reporting on SEN tonight after Hird was effectively sacked but the Board put it off until a meeting over the weekend was disgraceful......still playing the "James is doing it all for Essendon & the players" line even though both have made it quite clear that they wanted him to drop the Appeal. He talks like he has a private line to "James" & then says he hasn't spoken to him for months? He has been & is still saying that Hird is falling on his own sword for the players & the Club YET in his article this morning he talks about Hird primarily fighting for his "principle" which is more important than coaching........WTF....IDIOT

There is probably a separate thread about this excluding The Cult of Robbo (what a joke)....he has to be the biggest flog reporting football at the moment. The other Chief football Writers for the Herald Sun over the years would be turning in their graves with some of the garbage that he pumps out. He also continually tries to make himself a "part" of our great game by incessantly talking over his guests which in most cases are eminently more qualified i.e. players or ex-players! My biggest beef however is his reporting of the Essendon fiasco.....far, far too close to Hird & has no perspective or balance at all reacting to real Journalists objective stories far too personally. His discussion/reporting on SEN tonight after Hird was effectively sacked but the Board put it off until a meeting over the weekend was disgraceful......still playing the "James is doing it all for Essendon & the players" line even though both have made it quite clear that they wanted him to drop the Appeal. He talks like he has a private line to "James" & then says he hasn't spoken to him for months? He has been & is still saying that Hird is falling on his own sword for the players & the Club YET in his article this morning he talks about Hird primarily fighting for his "principle" which is more important than coaching........WTF....IDIOT

Do you think Caroline Wilson has been excellent throughout the Essendon saga?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just turned onto Fox Footy accidentally. The first thing I heard was Derm saying "Back in my day, we didn't do that sort of thing".

GUESS WHAT campaigner, NO-ONE CARES.

Set the draft to record before going to sleep this morning, night shift. Even set the show after to record just in case. Wake up start watching at 7pm and the recording cuts out after 30 minutes. During the day while i was sleeping (sneaky campaigners they are) foxtel split the draft into 2 shows, pre draft and main draft and ****ed my recording. FFS this is why i have foxtel so i can watch this s**t, i missed the entire top 10.

Foxtels new sports ad probably deserves a mention.
Can't imagine it lasting too long on air as i'm sure somebody down at AFL house will have a word to them about it.

No footage of Aussie rules when all the sports are being talked up....then towards the end of the ad "The Blunders" with a couple of AFL stuff up clips but no blunders from any other sport, then directly after it "The Greatness" with a clip of Rugby League player Greg Inglis running with the ball.........really?

If there's at least a bit of a balance it's fine but watching the ad it's pretty damn obvious it's been made with an agenda.
I had to rewind it just to make sure i wasn't seeing things!

Why did Channel Ten do a story on their evening news (in Melbourne) that Jake King was photographed talking to Toby Mitchell's mum?

Apparently he asked how she was (because Toby has been arrested). The nerve of the kid...

Who cares about what a retired footballer does on a Monday morning, walking down the street.

* I hate the way news is delivered to us plebs at times!!!

This might seem like a trivial rant, but how ******* hard is it to comprehend day light savings time?

Every ******* time I read an online article or watch the news, there's a ******* moron giving the wrong details about the time of sporting events.

FSN just reported that the rugby game tonight starts at 7:40 QLD time - no it ******* doesn't. It starts at 6:40 QLD (AEST).

The Guardian yesterday was reporting that a game was starting '6:40pm AEDT, QLD Time' - QUEENSLAND DOESN'T HAVE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME.

Courier Mail last week was similarly reporting a game that started in Sydney at '6:40 AEST local time in Sydney' - NEW SOUTH ******* WALES DOES NOT USE AUSTRALIAN EASTERN STANDARD TIME IN SUMMER.

There's a distinct ******* difference between AEDT and AEST - one is +11 and the other is +10. One is Queensland, the other is not.

How god damn difficult is it to understand?

/rant

Add 'Trengrove' to that list.

On a different note, Matthew Richardson must have said 'roll back' 45 times this weekend. Sick of Bruce talking about players' legs too, and Tom Harley mentioning 'courage' and 'brave'. Channel 7 commentary has never been so bad. It's depressing when the coverage goes from the Fox Footy preview to the Channel 7 commentary. So deflating, and not even in HD.

Bruce was good listening a few years ago. But he just grates from the first bounce now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back