General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
PureFooty should never doubt you
Four Melbourne players were banned from selection against Sydney on Friday night after a drinking session.

Jay Kennedy-Harris, Ben Kennedy, Dean Kent and Jake Spencer were all told they would not be selected against Sydney, News Corp reported.

According to the report, the quartet indulged in a drinking session after a VFL match last weekend.

None of them were named as an emergency this weekend.

Kennedy-Harris, Kennedy and Kent were all in the frame to return to the team this round, given Melbourne's mounting injury crisis.

The three were all named in the best in Casey's 26-point win over Box Hill last week.

Instead, Simon Goodwin turned to defender Jayden Hunt to fill a gaping small forward role left by the injured Jeff Garlett.

The three responded in the VFL today, with Kennedy racking up 29 disposals, Kennedy-Harris recording 27 and a goal and Kent finishing with 23 and a goal.

Even if we missed finals this year I wouldn't be mad. I've seen enough so far to know this team is going places. Pretty confident in this club now. Injuries have added up now and it will take some luck to keep in touch.

I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy watching these campaigners play.

I'm kind of surprised the club didn't release a statement detailing the sanctions (would've explained the selections for the game and also showed the world we were setting high standards)... instead of waiting for the Sun to 'break' the news.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would be even more dissapointed if you knew the one player that didn't get leaked to the media
Gah! now i'm gonna be up all night speculating

It doesn't surprise me that there were more than those; although they were the obvious, I expect that there were others unmentioned because of the injury list.

I'm going to suggest that it's Watts.

It doesn't surprise me that there were more than those; although they were the obvious, I expect that there were others unmentioned because of the injury list.

I'm going to suggest that it's Watts.

Like I said earlier, thing is to be fair to the players I'm not sure exactly how bad it was. I mean obviously the club isn't happy so they haven't done the right thing, but like I said earlier were they pissed at 2am and didn't turn up to recovery or did the club just find out they got drunk at someones house?

Would also make sense for it to be Watts or Hogan that was the one not leaked to the media, Hogan because they wouldn't want him to be under the spotlight after everything he has gone through and Watts because well its Jack Watts.

You would be even more dissapointed if you knew the one player that didn't get leaked to the media
Unfair to leave it hanging, but I'm going to guess that it wasn't Weid or Trenners because they were both named as emergencies, which would rule out Dion Johnstone as well. The players I would be most disappointed with are any of the injured senior players who are close to coming back, say Hogan, Watts or Garlett. It would be a bit unexpected for them to be out with the VFL guys, but otherwise I'm not sure who else it could be. Hints??

I'm kind of surprised the club didn't release a statement detailing the sanctions (would've explained the selections for the game and also showed the world we were setting high standards)... instead of waiting for the Sun to 'break' the news.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm not surprised. Footy is a media circus these days, clubs should be doing everything they can to minimise negative press scrutiny. What good could come of releasing the story ourselves?

Someone PM the name. I'm guessing it was Hogan or Watts. Hogan and Kent are mates and Watts is ment to be recovering for selection

Kent was my favorite player but Im more dirty on this than Bugg TBH. Bugg lashed out mid game when adrenaline was high and I don't reckon he wanted to chin him. These 3 blokes would have been selected for the seniors potentially on a Friday night and they ignored instructions.

The other issue is that half the team and their partners went up to the wineries today if Instagram is any guide. Jones, Vince, Lewis, Gawn, Melksham, TMac, Hibb...

I'm not saying it's wrong, more that there is a fair risk of double standards here.

Blokes playing 2s who think they're being hard done by to not be in the 1s will do stupid things, like ignore team instructions if they don't agree with them. Happens at all levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back