Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a Stewart Dew type of forward that we can rookie from State Leagues or some Bush League!?

I punished myself by watching his demolition in 2008 GF.
He tore J Kelly and M Scarlett a new one on the big moments.
That was probably J Kelly's worst game of his career.

Dare l say it?...Will Gould a bigger version of Dew.

It's only an hour and a half away.
The heat into an older body does wonders
Car trip Torquay to Tulla- 90 MINS
Airport sitting -around 60 MINS
Flight to Brisbane - 140 MINS
Airport to hotel- 30 MINS
Hotel to Training Venue- 15 MINS and back
Hotel to Match day venue- 15 MINS
Match day warm up, and game duration and recovery-240 mins
Back to hotel
Repeat above in reverse
It's a hell of a lot more arduous and onerous on older hammies and calves than you think.

Dare l say it?...Will Gould a bigger version of Dew.

I'm with you on Gould...he looks a likely goer straight up....( and he barracks for Geelong!! )....but talk of his weight issues may be an impediment?

Those pushing Kemp I understand, he looks a fine player, but given he 50/50 at best to front up in 2020 would we risk it? Probably gone before us anyway...unless...

Stephens, Jackson, Sharp ( I like him ), Robertson ( I like him too ) Cooper-Stephens.... probably in our reach depending on whether Wells trades up or not.....

Geelong into Flanders apparently but surely is out of our reach....unless........

Its still very fluid this year...

Last edited:
Given it will take two 1st rounders plus something else it would be absolute madness to trade for him unless you can guarantee he is a Toby Greene. Like many have stated he was good without being great for most of the year except for 1 qrt. In reality I’d rather just take our picks. Maybe move up to 10 just to make sure we get one of that clear group of 10 “probable A graders”.

I'm with you on Gould...he looks a likely goer straight up....( and he barracks for Geelong!! )

Those pushing Kemp I understand, he looks a fine player, but given he 50/50 at best to front up in 2020 he's a pass from me...

Stephens, Jackson, Sharp, Robertson ( I like him ) Cooper-Stephens.... probably in our reach depending on whether Wells trades up or not.....

Gould, as far as l reckon, is your ready made natural who'll play from his inception.
I think he'd really toughen our backline and allow Clark to play wing which is where l'd like to see him.
He must have sunk a few to many beers after the GF having trailled at 106kg, obviously well over his fit playing weight. Didn’t know he's a Geelong supporter, how's that!
I like CS l think he's got great character coming back to trial after the broken leg with stellar results, he's also a tough high possession mid who's a nice size.
Has proven he's over the injury well and truly.

How many games do you see Ablett playing next year?

I would not put a number on it, but I would like to see him rotated out post mid season for refreshing and giving a kid a game or two. I would like to see this happen with a number of veterans in the hope of seeing new(er) recruits debut and get a feel for the game at the highest level. It may also help relieve the veterans of nagging injuries and soreness.
I hope to be there to see Freddie debut.

Last edited:
On another note, isn't it curious the total silence about Henderson likely being cut? This guy cost us a round 1 pick - you know, the picks that we apparently never have access to or enough of - and is now likely to join Smith and Scott Selwood as failed recruits. Remind me again why we picked these guys up?

I think the whole issue with that trade, from my memory and perspective, was that he was out of contract and wanted to come back to the Geelong area. We had hand. He should have been worth a 2nd round pick.

Carlton demand a 1st round pick for him, Geelong ends up blinking first and fork over a 1st round pick. Was just, and still is, baffling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the whole issue with that trade, from my memory and perspective, was that he was out of contract and wanted to come back to the Geelong area. We had hand. He should have been worth a 2nd round pick.

Carlton demand a 1st round pick for him, Geelong ends up blinking first and fork over a 1st round pick. Was just, and still is, baffling.

Woulda shoulda coulda... It wasn't a bad deal. But it wasn't exactly a great deal, especially in hindsight. Unfortunately for Hendo it caught up with him quickly.

What hurts the most is that picked ended up being Jarrod Berry. Gun!

Other handy picks still available at this pick included Sam PP, Will Hayward and Alex Witherden.

WSC!

Woulda shoulda coulda... It wasn't a bad deal. But it wasn't exactly a great deal, especially in hindsight. Unfortunately for Hendo it caught up with him quickly.

What hurts the most is that picked ended up being Jarrod Berry. Gun!

Other handy picks still available at this pick included Sam PP, Will Hayward and Alex Witherden.

WSC!

Flip side of this is if we traded our second round pick for Hendo, this ended up being Tom Stewart. Goes alright.

Car trip Torquay to Tulla- 90 MINS
Airport sitting -around 60 MINS
Flight to Brisbane - 140 MINS
Airport to hotel- 30 MINS
Hotel to Training Venue- 15 MINS and back
Hotel to Match day venue- 15 MINS
Match day warm up, and game duration and recovery-240 mins
Back to hotel
Repeat above in reverse
It's a hell of a lot more arduous and onerous on older hammies and calves than you think.
Which is a fair call. Didn't they do that a while ago for the mid-season break?
Stayed up in Brisbane for a week?

I'm with you on Gould...he looks a likely goer straight up....( and he barracks for Geelong!! )....but talk of his weight issues may be an impediment?

Those pushing Kemp I understand, he looks a fine player, but given he 50/50 at best to front up in 2020 would we risk it? Probably gone before us anyway...unless...

Stephens, Jackson, Sharp ( I like him ), Robertson ( I like him too ) Cooper-Stephens.... probably in our reach depending on whether Wells trades up or not.....

Geelong into Flanders apparently but surely is out of our reach....unless........

Its still very fluid this year...

Gould is weird he looks all muscle in the SANFL but he weighed in horribly (and tested badly) at combine i wonder what happened in those few weeks? Unless we think we can improve his endurance and make him a mid theres no fit for us as we are stacked for defenders. Rate him though.

I can see why we want flanders but we may need P3 as i reckon Adel also want him.

Kemp at #14 you risk but top 5 im not sure.

I really like Stephens and the others you listed.

After a 33 year drought it was a long hard celebration l would imagine.
The stats prove his talent and it's against men not boys, l think people forget this fact.

He is talented...where do you see him playing in our side though?

You couldn’t ask for a more professional interview from Jenkins today. He already spoke about his desire for the club to do well. Said he’s happy to play anywhere, understands he may play vfl but will do his best to make the team better.
Talked about trying to make it work with esava and Hawkins. But understands that might be hard but he’ll get games when he can.

Said he was excited to play against Taylor at training. To pick his brain about how he can get better because he’s a star. Dream to play with Ablett. And looking forward to linking up with his good friend Danger.

He sounds like he’s ready to provide leadership to the forwards across vfl or afl. But he is also confident he can have an impact at afl level.

Flip side of this is if we traded our second round pick for Hendo, this ended up being Tom Stewart. Goes alright.

That's a really good point, and one I've never thought of. Changes everything, IMO. Stewart and Henderson or Berry and Henderson, I'm taking Stewart every day of the week.

Cheers for that insight :)

Seems we trade-in Ex-Falcons players towards the back end of their career.

Anyone have a list of AFL Listed Ex-Falcons players currently aged 23-28?

Maybe its a clue for the next traded-in player for the next couple of years...

That's a really good point, and one I've never thought of. Changes everything, IMO. Stewart and Henderson or Berry and Henderson, I'm taking Stewart every day of the week.

Cheers for that insight :)
They turned the Henderson pick into mckay. We could of had mckay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back