Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone needs to stop worrying about all this "we'll need to get another F2 or we can't do this or that".

If we go down that route and need to do that, we will do it and get that F2 no worries.

There's certainly going to be other ways to do things that might not be the "obvious" way... but you can bet we are working away at multiple avenues behind closed doors.

Maybe it happens in a way we aren't even thinking about... and it works out even better for us.

Stop worrying about this second round pick thing... We got it covered (if we need to get one).
Spot on. Mackie's backing of Sav the other day was sales 101.

Everyone needs to stop worrying about all this "we'll need to get another F2 or we can't do this or that".

If we go down that route and need to do that, we will do it and get that F2 no worries.

There's certainly going to be other ways to do things that might not be the "obvious" way... but you can bet we are working away at multiple avenues behind closed doors.

Maybe it happens in a way we aren't even thinking about... and it works out even better for us.

Stop worrying about this second round pick thing... We got it covered (if we need to get one).
Who's worrying about it? It's all just a bit of discussion. I won't be losing any sleep over it. The club knows what they're doing. It's all just a bit of discussion to pass the time, is it not?

What would you prefer we talk about? 😀

Who's worrying about it? It's all just a bit of discussion. I won't be losing any sleep over it. The club knows what they're doing. It's all just a bit of discussion to pass the time, is it not?

What would you prefer we talk about? 😀
Worry might not be the correct wording... just feel like it's been mentioned 100x as if it is some huge road block that's gonna be an issue.

I'm saying... It's not an issue. We will deal with it when needed, no worries at all.

Worry might not be the correct wording... just feel like it's been mentioned 100x as if it is some huge road block that's gonna be an issue.

I'm saying... It's not an issue. We will deal with it when needed, no worries at all.
Yeah fair enough. I think we can all agree the trade period goes too long for us all - clubs and fans. But that's what the AFL want I guess, maximum exposure.

Yeah we will get these deals done, no doubt about it.

P38 + Esava for a FR2. It's probably a bit unders that trade, but I suppose it needs to be if we need the others to materialise.

We probably won't need P38 anyway if we get all the trade targets in with Bruhn, Bowes and Henry. Then go to draft with 7, get Clohesy with next available pick after 40; upgrade Atkins and Close with the last 2 picks.

Thats the logical answer if sav picked another club but port cant trade their fr2 (assuming f1 goes on jhf) without afl approval. Barring an unrelated club coming in offering to broker the deal with a future 2nd, i reckon gws is our best chance of making it work. Brisbane might be circuit breaker if they are willing to trade down again.

E.g.
Geel out 18, 2023 1st, 2023 2nd (coll via gws), 38, esava, 48, 55
Geel in Bowes, 7, bruhn, henry

Gws out 2023 2nd (tied to coll), bruhn
Gws in 2023 1st (geel), 25 (bris)

Coll out Henry
Coll in 18

Gc out bowes
Gc in 2023 r2 (coll via gws)

Bris out 25
Bris in 33, 38, 55

Port out 33
Port In 48 esava

Getting an extra pick inside 25 (would give gws 5 picks inside 25) might be enough to get them to release the future 2nd to grease the wheels on everything else.
Port get sav without trading future 2nd (which they cant)
Brisbane get points (can offer 21 and fr1 for dunkley and still have the points to cover ashcroft)
Gc get their desired future
Coll get fair value on henry
You might need to flick later pick swaps around (particularly to satisfy dogs for dunkley or to keep bris happy enough to do it) but something like that could work.
Would leave us 7, 58, 64, and our future 2nd 3rd and 4th next yr.

Put it this way unless sav decides on a club like st kilda (who can give us fr2) i reckon there will be 3 or 4 clubs involved to get us the desired fr2.

P38 + Esava for a FR2. It's probably a bit unders that trade, but I suppose it needs to be if we need the others to materialise.

We probably won't need P38 anyway if we get all the trade targets in with Bruhn, Bowes and Henry. Then go to draft with 7, get Clohesy with next available pick after 40; upgrade Atkins and Close with the last 2 picks.

38 is expendable (as are all our later picks) but port wont trade their fr2 as then fr1 cant go on jhf. So it will be a little more complicated than that.

If the Henry deal falls through, then do you go to draft and hope for maybe Brayden George with P18?

Or go for Humphrey with P7, which can kill two birds with one stone as a Forward/Midfielder.

It's not do or die for Henry tbh, but GWS wanting a FR1 does make it complicated on the Bowes trade.

Thats the logical answer if sav picked another club but port cant trade their fr2 (assuming f1 goes on jhf) without afl approval. Barring an unrelated club coming in offering to broker the deal with a future 2nd, i reckon gws is our best chance of making it work. Brisbane might be circuit breaker if they are willing to trade down again.

E.g.

Coll out Henry
Coll in 18

Gc out bowes

Bris out 25
Bris in 33, 38, 55

Port out 33
Port In 48 esava

Getting an extra pick inside 25 (would give gws 5 picks inside 25) might be enough to get them to release the future 2nd to grease the wheels on everything else.
Brisbane get points (can offer 21 and fr1 for dunkley and still have the points to cover ashcroft)
You might need to flick later pick swaps around (particularly to satisfy dogs for dunkley or to keep bris happy enough to do it) but something like that could work.

Put it this way unless sav decides on a club like st kilda (who can give us fr2) i reckon there will be 3 or 4 clubs involved to get us the desired fr2.
Don't know that port does that trade

If the Henry deal falls through, then do you go to draft and hope for maybe Brayden George with P18?

Or go for Humphrey with P7, which can kill two birds with one stone as a Forward/Midfielder.

It's not do or die for Henry tbh, but GWS wanting a FR1 does make it complicated on the Bowes trade.

7 - Clark
18 - Weddle or Hotton

So right now there has been a lot of whining as to why after winning the premiership how can Geelong flash so much cash around.

We took quite a few gambles with some contracts especially with our over 30s group. In that we've traded giving an extra year for a lower p.a contract. Eg we'll give you either a one year deal on a 350k package or a two year deal on a 300k package. when you remove the wage floor of 100k, it is like a free veteran every 5 players

30 year old Stanley got 2 years
30 year old Rohan got 2 years
31 year old Tuohy got 2 years
32 year old Smith got 2 years

Hawkins just came off a 2 year deal and has signed on for another on reduced salary
Higgins spread his contract over two years

We gave our core players long term deals that theoretically was to take them to retirement, they are reaching the tail end of that now

We gave a 29 year old Guthrie a contract until he will be 33
a 28 year old Duncan a contract until he will be 33
a 29 year old Dangerfield a contract until he will be 34
a 27 year old Blicavs a contract until he will be 32
a 27 year old Stewart a contract until he'll be 31
a 28 year old menegola a contract until he'll be 31

The next two years will see the end of most of these contracts

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

38 is expendable (as are all our later picks) but port wont trade their fr2 as then fr1 cant go on jhf. So it will be a little more complicated than that.
Think broader I reckon.

Ratugolea, reportedly, wants to get Port

Junior Rioli wants to get to Port

Geelong wants a FR2 for the Bowes + 7 deal

Geelong sends Ratugolea to Port & Pick 38 to West Coast

West Coast send Rioli to Port & a FR2 to Geelong

Port sends pick 33 to West Coast & Pick 48 to Geelong

Port
Gain: Ratugolea & Rioli
Lose: Picks 33 & 48

Geelong:
Gain: Pick 48 & FR2
Lose: Ratugolea & Pick 38

West Coast:
Gain: Picks 33 & 38
Lose: Rioli & FR2

Just spit-balling to try and find that FR2.

Bloody awesome 👌 mate... spot on 👏 👏 👏
Listening to it again, that actually went even better than I thought, haha. I thought I was actually a lot meaner, but it actually just sounded pragmatic and easy going.

I did love how Rendell basically had nothing to say to any of it, and pretty much agreed with everything I said - which was unexpected, haha.

Shows he's just doing s**t for clicks and controversy, and doesn't stand by what he's said at all - which is the exact reason I called in, was to see if he would double down on his claims with evidence, or just run in the other direction from them (shocker, it was the latter)

Actually how about this analysis - Cats have it covered and will land what we want (PO has explained above), and Trade Radio has bugger all content at the moment and Matt Rendell is their best generator of headlines (see our thread tonight), so it’s all pretty predictable at the moment and the size of our clubs forward planning success is showing up the salary cap buggered clubs - who are winging like teenagers.

E.g.

Coll out Henry
Coll in 18

Gc out bowes

Bris out 25
Bris in 33, 38, 55

Port out 33
Port In 48 esava

Good summary. Just semantics but GC would be out pick 7 as well.

look, I’m fine with 18 for Henry.
This is unlike us. And we all know Wells is still there pulling the strings.

I heard a list manager say geelong is trying to win every contest to love.

Surely we couldn’t do this.

Pies trade Grundy (which is actually dumb)
For pick 27 (dumber again)
Geelong give 18 for 27 and Henry.

27 goes to Brisbane.

Surely we can’t be that hard arsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back