Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it should be only at the right price. It was Ollie who hung himself out to dry, if it means losing #7 then too bad.
There is no way Ollie went public without a very strong indication from Geelong that we would get the deal done.

Oh 100%. I think we'll now offer somewhere around the Clark deal - so 22-25...which are basically picks we can get get from either Essendon or Brisbane.

Lots to play out, but more the point of what I was saying, is that Bowes will be done today alongside Bruhn (as Jon Ralph just alluded to in his latest piece), and then the rest of the trade period will be us using later picks to move up the order to get something satisfactory for Henry. Won't be giving up our Future 1st though and Collingwood won't ask for it, because we'll already have traded our Future 2nd to GC.

Mack definitely knows what he's doing

A big hello to your mate. :D

Interesting...Pies board have just posted an excerpt from Wright, that they won't accept anything less than a 1st Rounder for Ollie. Let the games begin!

EDIT: Here's the excerpt:

"Geelong are hoping to get Ollie Henry to the club from Collingwood however the Magpies will refuse to trade him for anything other than a first round draft pick."

The request came late. Worst case we reload and go again next year.
Agree. That is why I think Collingwood will ultimately take what we can give them. If they don’t this year they will be in the same position next year…and the next… might as well just get best you can this year and move on?

What did Mackie say on Trade Radio today?
Mackie has not been able to do the Trade Radio interview as yet. There are reports he was allegedly last seen in the carpark laying the boots into a former AFL player and recruiting manager who appeared to be in an intoxicated state. Some reporting that there was incoherent ranting about pick 38 and Ollie Henry from the person being attacked.

More to come ............ :D

Any number of injuries will open up a spot for him.

The notion that a player needs to be “best 22” to play a lot of games or have a future at a club is utter fallacy.
Would you stick at your job hoping that someone ahead of you gets hurt so you can do their job when another company has said you can have the same job without waiting?

Hello Vdubs.. I would say we agree on Henry ..although I dont really think we need him for 2023. I'd just make it happen cause we have what we need to get it done
How will he feel if we don't go for him after he requested us?

Going somewhere else is a waste and a chance to miss him altogether

Just what would you trade for Henry?

Id do Bowe asap. Then id find a pick in the early 20's and put that to the Pies. Its comparable to Clarke. If they want 18 I probably do it but id like something back... Fr3 etc.

Bruhn I think we can find a way to do it ...and once we draw closer to the deadline a deal will be done.
18 as a minimum

Breaking into the Geelong forward line in 2023 will still be harder than becoming one of the 6 or 7 mids rotations. Especially when Hawkins and Rohan (the two oldest in the forward line) don't really get rested, whereas in midfield Selwood is gone and Danger will be managed. GF day 2 of the bench spots were for midfielders and so was the selected sub.
Rohan has missed a chunk of games in each of the last 2 years. He plays if fit but I would expect an opportunity at 5-10 games

Would you stick at your job hoping that someone ahead of you gets hurt so you can do their job when another company has said you can have the same job without waiting?
If I loved where I worked and literally every year numerous people get hurt then yes I would stick it out.

Rohan has missed a chunk of games in each of the last 2 years. He plays if fit but I would expect an opportunity at 5-10 games
Would imagine next season Hawkins might get a one game rest somewhere, Cameron probably misses 3 games somewhere with the odd niggle or something and yeah, Rohan misses a bit the last two seasons so might happen again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll take your word for it. Bit of a gamble then.
At the moment we are only hearing what clubs and the media want us to hear. I am very confident that behind the scenes this is tracking far more smoothly than a clown like Rendell would want us to believe.

Who is the most deluded campaigner in Footy? And why did you choose Andrew Mackie?
Feels like there is some recency bias at play here...I'm sure Adrian Dodoro still wins this.

I personally don't think it will happen until we can find another fr2

We can do the bowes deal right now for our future 2nd.

Its only the henry one that has to wait as we cant trade our future 1st (until we bring in another f2) and we cant trade a 20's pick for ollie until we have it.

The request came late. Worst case we reload and go again next year.

That wont happen. We wont hang him out to dry. We will get pick swaps done to get the pick needed and get it done.

Mackie has not been able to do the Trade Radio interview as yet. There are reports he was allegedly last seen in the carpark laying the boots into a former AFL player and recruiting manager who appeared to be in an intoxicated state. Some reporting that there was incoherent ranting about pick 38 and Ollie Henry from the person being attacked.

More to come ............ :D

I assume Mackie didnt come on at 11 as scheduled as they are busy doing the bruhn paperwork. hopefully he comes on this arvo.

Interesting...Pies board have just posted an excerpt from Wright, that they won't accept anything less than a 1st Rounder for Ollie. Let the games begin!

"Geelong are hoping to get Ollie Henry to the club from Collingwood however the Magpies will refuse to trade him for anything other than a first round draft pick."
Isn't that what most people on here have been suggesting/proposing already?

Certainly is what I've been thinking.

EDIT: Not 7 though

I assume Mackie didnt come on at 11 as scheduled as they are busy doing the bruhn paperwork. hopefully he comes on this arvo.

Also probably meeting with Cameron and GC today as well, and getting it all signed off by the AFL. I reckon then we hear from him after all that's done, to talk about the deals and the players and all that happy jazz, haha

Isn't that what most people on here have been suggesting/proposing already?

Certainly is what I've been thinking.

I think it's more that he's said it, and it's now been put out into the public sphere.

They're in for a rude shock.

How will he feel if we don't go for him after he requested us?

Going somewhere else is a waste and a chance to miss him altogether

Id not panic yet. Cameron was not done till literally after the trade period was closed.

Herny lines up to the Clark deal to me. Clark played 21 game in the first two years then lost value in year three but was contracted , Henry played 25 in thr first two year , a couple as the sub ... lost his place in the second half of the year ...and imo he is going to find it hard in 2023 at the Pies. I think we find a way to get it done .

On how would he feel. It would depend on our commitment to him. The way it appears ..t was driven by OH and it happened late. How does any player feel at this time of the year. probably crap.

Its really part of my position that the draft / trade period itself doesn't line up to the way we think of mental heath these days ... yet these guys are getting paid a heap . Its high stress and high reward.

Some of this could be avoided .. if the best players were treated with the same approach as Father Sons or Rookie B's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back