Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch his pre season match where he kicked 4 goals, all in different ways, and you'll see how much of a gun this kid is. Also, watch the highlight of his goal against Essendon on you tube, and you'll see how much natural silky skill he has. Will flourish in our system just like Bowes, and will play many games next year.
And i think he did not give his all for GWS this year as he made his mind up he wants out, we will see the best of him now

Small sample size but the expected games for Bruhn looks good

1665104734826.png

Over his first two years, played substantially better as a mid than a forward

Games​
Ave Game time​
CB attendance​
Score​
Expected score​
Value​
Forward​
15​
60.53​
2.96​
70.60​
88.84​
0.79​
Midfielder​
14​
67.79​
53.73​
114.30​
127.81​
0.89​
Total​
29​
64.03​
28.90​
184.90​
216.65​
0.85​

Where a value of 1 is the average performance for that position

I wonder whether the Cats/Pies could be thrashing out a deal that placates the Pies want for our pick 18 and our need for a FF2? If there is a bit of a discrepancy between the Pies perceived value and what they offered (apparently low balled) then the Cats would rightly be reticent to part with just pick 18.

So perhaps we get Henry and their FF2 - they get Pick 18 and a FF3. Will be much easier getting a future third in (Sav etc) than another future second.
They have already traded there FR2

Prefer #18 for Bruhn over F1st…. Nice work.

Happy to trade F1 for Henry and assume Pies would prefer it too. Stronger draft next season and every chance our pick is lower than #18.
We need to find a f2nd to unlock but shouldn't be hard.

I’ve got full faith in our recruiting staff.
I’m certain they have a plan for pick 7. They would have someone or even two players in mind for that pick. Jhye Clark would have to be close.
But if we didn’t get who we wanted I wouldn’t be surprised if we traded out that pick.
Happy with the Bruhn trade.
As for Henry. It looks like we won’t use our F1 on him. If we get him and keep our F1 and have pick 7. We have done extremely well

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to find a f2nd to unlock but shouldn't be hard.

We’ve actually got the F2 to trade but it just means that we can’t trade the F1. We could do the Bowes trade and then tell the Pies they can have whatever scraps we can bundle together with our existing picks plus what we may get for Esava.

The longer this goes on makes me wonder though whether Stephens is being discussed as part of a potential trade?

Get impression Henry isn't a huge focus of the club

Will try and get him across but won't kill themselves trying to make it happen
The request came late. Worst case we reload and go again next year.

SJ, no question. And I knew Kel from a junior.

Johnson was elite.

we took Charlie Garner before him ... different type ..thats all I was getting at. I doubt SJ could have done what Kelly did. Sometimes comparisons just fall over ...who was the best Shane Warne or Dennis Lillie type deal

Is Bruhn a better prospect than Henry?
Genuine Q, as I'm not a watch every game kind of guy like a lot here and I rate Henry.
Very generous for an uncontracted player. Is Bruhn better than Jordan Clark? Way worse deal than the Caldwell one.

In the end it doesn’t make a difference. Have to keep our future 1st now

Means we'll do Bowes today as well - as we don't have to give up our Future 1st anymore. Henry trade looking less and less likely by the day, IMO - which should make Pies supporters happy...as that's what they've been clamoring for

Jack The Godfather don't take me too seriously on this one mate, was more taking the piss out of any lurking Pies supporters. As you can see from my recent posts, I reckon it'll get done, we're just getting other things done first to leave Collingwood in a situation where they have to take what they give them, as we're hamstrung by AFL trading rules.

I've wanted Henry for months as you know, so, don't think I'm going negative on him, haha.

Chris Scott said mids were the priority, and we did the 2 mids first - Bowes and Bruhn, so that makes sense we follow our priorities. Who knows what the AFL are doing mucking us around on the Bowes deal, and we still have time to see what happens with Esava to then try to land Ollie. Pi

I dont get why now CalT is saying it will have to involve our Fr1... surely now. we have set a standard. 12 down to 18. , 17 down to 22-24 ...seems about right. , especially when in comparison to a contracted clark

The trick is can we get something that early? Do Bris need points 21 for two picks in the 30's . One would think on points thats doable. Its going to get eaten anyway.
I agree to a point, but your premise assumes that all players develop in the same way and that development is linear.

To assume that Henry has developed in the same way as bruhn and the same way as j Clark and thus you can extrapolate his value based on their trade deals is just too simplistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back