Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully we trade Sav to port for 33.
Then bundle 33 + 38 for a pick in the 20s.
And the pies take the pick in the 20's for Henry.

Means we keep our F1 + #7 this year.

Certainly didn't love Bruhn for our F1... but this pick 18 will push out to at least 19 or even 20/21 depending on Davey/Fletcher bids + this draft isn't rated very deep.

Anyway the aim for me is to get Bruhn + Henry in as a combo without losing our F1 and also holding #7

It's certainly a chance but will all depend on the Henry deal.

The best option would be port send 33 for sav and 48 (maybe we chuck in 58 if needed).
33 and 38 to brisbane for 25.
Offer 25 and 55 for henry. They wont like it but would they take it?

He is more likely to get a game at Port than he is at Geelong.

Who's spot does he take in the Geelong side?
Any number of injuries will open up a spot for him.

The notion that a player needs to be “best 22” to play a lot of games or have a future at a club is utter fallacy.

FR1 and 38 for Henry and a FR2 so we can then do the Bowes deal. Up to pies to find us a FR2.
Pies have already traded their fr2 so that would need another club involved.

Ok congrats Tanner on getting to Geelong.

Now, get to work and prove me wrong about having limited upside.

I'm really hoping for a big spike next year.

Watch his pre season match where he kicked 4 goals, all in different ways, and you'll see how much of a gun this kid is. Also, watch the highlight of his goal against Essendon on you tube, and you'll see how much natural silky skill he has. Will flourish in our system just like Bowes, and will play many games next year.

Just floated that on their board. My money is on all 3 of 3, 12 and 18, for Pick 1 and a future pick. Cadman is the best key forward in the draft, so GWS really are all in for him, IMO

Thats too much from my perspective (unless the pick coming back is norths future 2nd).

For a rebuilding side like North .... I do it. Three R1 picks or what ever... Sure miss on Cadman. but its a chance to really change their story. Make sure one of the picks is Jefferson

Yeah but phillips over mcdonald is killing them..do they risking passing on a kpf again? Huge call.

The host is lucky he didn't keep going, as I had in my arsenal 'there's a reason he's no longer at the Collingwood Footy Club and is only heard of for 10 days a year during trade season'...but surprisingly, Rendell backed down and showed that he really wasn't invested in his arguments at all - given as he'd said earlier 'you're taking me too seriously...I was just being facetious'
I don't think SEN has bodybags in the studio so it's a good thing you held fire.

Ok congrats Tanner on getting to Geelong.

Now, get to work and prove me wrong about having limited upside.

I'm really hoping for a big spike next year.

Yep..no matter what Im sure all just hope for him to confirm his status. ...Im not fussed if that is 2023 . To me this who trade period is like a post draft for the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have picked Henry first. Picking Bruhn is not good for Bowes, knevitt, Stephens and our other fringe midfielders.

Thats too much from my perspective (unless the pick coming back is norths future 2nd).

Yeah I'd be saying North's Future 2nd. Very similar to Jez in a lot of aspects, that they'd be trading out 18 for what will likely be 19 next year...and then 3 and 12 for 1. Seems fair to me, IMO

The best option would be port send 33 for sav and 48 (maybe we chuck in 58 if needed).
33 and 38 to brisbane for 25.
Offer 25 and 55 for henry. They wont like it but would they take it?
It would be whether they prefer something over Henry going to the draft where they get nothing. We might not get him either and he might only be seen as a nice to have by Mackie and Co - thus we are not currently offering much (could change as other deals are completed of course).

Certainly didn't love Bruhn for our F1... but this pick 18 will push out to at least 19 or even 20/21 depending on Davey/Fletcher bids + this draft isn't rated very deep.

Anyway the aim for me is to get Bruhn + Henry in as a combo without losing our F1 and also holding #7

My thinking exactly. And i assume the club will be disciplined. I just can’t see how we give next years first round up given view on the draft quality.

I hope we get henry now but if we try and fail there will be other chances

That's why it's on them to find one. Maybe part of the Grundy or Poulter trades.

Poulter has no currency late pick at best.
Melb are prob offering 27 for grundy maybe pies could flip that for a future 2nd for us?

Yeah but phillips over mcdonald is killing them..do they risking passing on a kpf again? Huge call.

IMO... McDonald would have been a huge go home probalem...just like JHF. Philipps has been disappointing ..health issue I believe. I actually think Jefferson is a good fit to who they already have..

Lets see the hand they have but if they walk away with a handful including Jeferson, Wardlaw, Shezzel etc ...and then roll Clarkson back in ... he will have that Hawk smerk all over his face

I would have picked Henry first. Picking Bruhn is not good for Bowes, knevitt, Stephens and our other fringe midfielders.

Bowes won't be fringe, lol. Has so much versatility. Knevitt will be fine as he was never gonna play frequently until 2024 given his body type/development. Stephens though, that'll really be up to him how patient he is. Will have to wait at least one more year to get regular games. May choose to leave, but he is a Geelong boy, so wouldn't surprise me if he just ended up biding his time, and then really ramped it up in 2024 after a few games here and there next year

My thinking exactly. And i assume the club will be disciplined. I just can’t see how we give next years first round up given view on the draft quality.

I hope we get henry now but if we try and fail there will be other chances

We will get him. We wont leave him hanging.
If we are going to try to keep the future 1st sav has to go to try and get us a higher 2nd for henry.

Talk about click bait headline - not even a single mention of Stephens in the article

Yep but made me click!

i am interested that he hasn’t been mentioned more. I was aware that hawks were interested but he appears to be determined to back himself to get into best 22. I wouldn’t be shocked though if something out of the blue happens

It would be whether they prefer something over Henry going to the draft where they get nothing. We might not get him either and he might only be seen as a nice to have by Mackie and Co - thus we are not currently offering much (could change as other deals are completed of course).

I think we want him.
We just havent done all our pick trades yet (we have to consolidate picks) so then we can make them an offer.

Im not sure many thought it was achievable ... because the esrablished fact was GWS would only accept a future. Now something like what you prognosticate is plausible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back