Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have my wires crossed here, thought you were (rhetorically) asking who has the better career out of SJ and James Kelly.

the question was who is better Henry or Bruhn. to me its like who is better Kelly or SJ ...both valuable players, both very good picks. but different types.

I think they have enough fwds and backs and its probably savs call on which club he goes to he will prefer port as he will get more games there.
Collingwood play pretty short in their backline outside of Moore. They played Maynard on Buddy in the Prelim which was a fail, and Howe doesn't have much footy left in him.

I think the appeal with Sav is he could potentially play at either end, and also swing man in the ruck which allows McStay to play as a permanent forward which might be their preference.

Why give up Stephens when we don't have to? If for some reason we really need to move someone else on to make it work (and I don't see why we will) I'd give up Menegola ahead of any of our younger talented players given our strengths and list demographic.

Of course we would but the market for 31yos is smaller than for a 22yo-very few clubs will be looking at menegola due to his age. Guys like sav and stephens would attract more interest from clubs which us why its more likely we give up sav to get henry done.

Collingwood play pretty short in their backline outside of Moore. They played Maynard on Buddy in the Prelim which was a fail, and Howe doesn't have much footy left in him.

I think the appeal with Sav is he could potentially play at either end, and also swing man in the ruck which allows McStay to play as a permanent forward which might be their preference.

Yeah but at the pies he is injury cover only behind moore and howe.
Fwd they have mcstay mihocek johnson kreuger etc.
Whereas port have basically allir and bugger all kpds mckenzie is old and clurey is average.
If im sav id rather go to port.

It wont fall apart.
He will get to geelong its just a matter of what the deal will be.
I think you're right. Rarely does a player OOC publicly request a trade and not get it done. Particularly when he names the club he wants to be traded to. It does happen but Collingwood and Geelong strike me as two clubs with enough smarts to get it done.

McRae unlikely to be the type that would force / or want a player on his list who publicly stated he wanted out.

Nice pick up, very good future projection, he will battle for midfield time and after one full season he will be right in the mix. It's important to get real competition in the midfield spots, it's the engine room for success, I wouldn't worry about who amongst our young core misses out, it's the quality of those blokes who ultimately make it that matters.
Exactly one of our main edges was having a large number running through the midfield, and being able to rest older stoppage mids or wingers as required. Do we really think Danger, Guthrie, Blicavs, Atkins, Parfitt and co are all going to have a perfect ride injury wise? I think most besides Parfitt will be managed more this season a bit like Selwood, Duncan and Danger of '22. If we lose Guthrie or Danger for a long stretch we still want competition for their spots and high quality replacement options. Over the next season or two a few more will be established in the midfield but it's not an area you can simply neglect until everyone is close to retirement.

Maybe but even if we do that we will still be offloading our later picks to move up the order (we cant use them anyway) and offering an upgraded second. We wont offer 38 for henry only thats insulting and would be silly.

Oh 100%. I think we'll now offer somewhere around the Clark deal - so 22-25...which are basically picks we can get get from either Essendon or Brisbane.

Lots to play out, but more the point of what I was saying, is that Bowes will be done today alongside Bruhn (as Jon Ralph just alluded to in his latest piece), and then the rest of the trade period will be us using later picks to move up the order to get something satisfactory for Henry. Won't be giving up our Future 1st though and Collingwood won't ask for it, because we'll already have traded our Future 2nd to GC.

Mack definitely knows what he's doing

It wont fall apart.

I dont get why now CalT is saying it will have to involve our Fr1... surely now. we have set a standard. 12 down to 18. , 17 down to 22-24 ...seems about right. , especially when in comparison to a contracted clark

The trick is can we get something that early? Do Bris need points 21 for two picks in the 30's . One would think on points thats doable. Its going to get eaten anyway.

It depends on how you rate players..and what you want. Ones a mid.. ones a forward ... Who was better. Kelly or SJ?
Get your point, but that's why I asked better prospect - taking into account Geelong's needs - as oppose to better player. From where I stand Henry is a good replacement for Rohan as the 3rd tall whereas wrt mids we have a superfluous number, unless he is (potentially) elite then he is worth pursuing.

If we can grab pick 33 for Sav, we could move pick 33, 38 & 48 to Brisbane for 25, 56 & 73. Lions get an extra 350 odd points for Ashcroft without having to find an extra list spot, and the Cats send 25 and a sweetener (future 3rd maybe) to Collingwood to for Henry. The Lions pick 21 might appeal more to Collingwood, however, they may want to keep that to give to the Dogs, along with their future 1st, for Dunkley.

We then keep our future 1st and send future 2nd to GC for Bowes.

Yep..henry needs a pick in the early 20s or a future 1st.
Need to try and get 33 for sav and later picks and then get up to 20s.
Ess dont trade 22 til the night imo,not sure hawks trade 24,bris will split either 21 or 25 (not both) so that might be our best option.
Unless wce would split 26 for 2 later picks.

Then forward that pick for henry.

Rendell was questioning yesterday why Grundy was no longer in Collingwood’s leadership group (after he was called out for incorrectly stating that Grundy had never been in a leadership group). Implying that Grundy being no longer in the leadership group meant that he had no leadership skills.

Expanding on that logic, one could ask why is Rendell no longer involved in list management at afl clubs? Fortunately we get to hear him speak on the subject so the answer to this question is obvious for everyone to hear.
Just to give another example of trade media amateur hour:

I heard Matthew Lloyd talking about Grundy yesterday. He was talking about how he mentored Grundy pre-draft and he started talking about what Grundy was motivated by, what was important to him (he mentioned that Grundy was not a “footy-head”, that he was into interests outside of footy and implied that footy was not all-encompassing for him, etc) and disclosed details of his mentoring discussions.

I can’t speak for other people, but if a professional mentor of mine went public with details of what I thought were confidential discussions around my career aspirations and motivations I would be severely pissed off. I know that Lloyd is a bit of a bottom feeder but the casual way in which he broke Grundy’s confidence without a second thought was staggering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont get why now CalT is saying it will have to involve our Fr1... surely now. we have set a standard. 12 down to 18. , 17 down to 22-24 ...seems about right. , especially when in comparison to a contracted clark

The trick is can we get something that early? Do Bris need points 21 for two picks in the 30's . One would think on points thats doable. Its going to get eaten anyway.

If we get something around the clark trade-20-25 i think that plus either a future 3rd or whatever current 3rd we have left (48/55) is fair (same as the clark trade) but if we cant trade up into the 20s then its gotta be future 1st so i understand where cal is coming from. Get 21 or 25 off brisbane (depends on whats going for dunkley).38 alone doesnt do henry.

It doesnt really because we can always split 7 for 2 teens picks or on the night we trade our futures to get back in the teens and take henry there.

The play now (as discussed last night) might be to try and trade all our picks 38 and later and sav for a pick in the 20s this year offer that to coll as a take it or leave it thing. I reckon we try and get 25 off brisbane and offer that. 38 wont get it done so if we are not offering a future 1st and theres no player involved thats what it will be.
GWS mite want to do that with us for pick 7

It wont fall apart.
Absolutely. And consequently just a matter of how much nuclear meltdown we will get on here from posters unhappy with our latest homestead transaction.

Can pretty much guarantee the deal will outrage more people here than it will at the Pies when it is done.

I think you're right. Rarely does a player OOC publicly request a trade and not get it done. Particularly when he names the club he wants to be traded to. It does happen but Collingwood and Geelong strike me as two clubs with enough smarts to get it done.

McRae unlikely to be the type that would force / or want a player on his list who publicly stated he wanted out.
Get Ollie to lay down during training and we might get him as a DFA.

The best option would be port send 33 for sav and 48 (maybe we chuck in 58 if needed).
33 and 38 to brisbane for 25.
Offer 25 and 55 for henry. They wont like it but would they take it?

There is only 122 points between 21 and 25 ... 33 and 38 for 21 is still 150 positive for them (1028-878)... what was the deal last year with the dogss that got us 24 ?

Oh 100%. I think we'll now offer somewhere around the Clark deal - so 22-25...which are basically picks we can get get from either Essendon or Brisbane.

Lots to play out, but more the point of what I was saying, is that Bowes will be done today alongside Bruhn (as Jon Ralph just alluded to in his latest piece), and then the rest of the trade period will be us using later picks to move up the order to get something satisfactory for Henry. Won't be giving up our Future 1st though and Collingwood won't ask for it, because we'll already have traded our Future 2nd to GC.

Mack definitely knows what he's doing

Yeah i totally agree with all if that.
Bowes today.
Then do pick swaps to get up the order and consolidate our picks.
Then offer a 20s pick and a r3 for ollie.

Hope not. Ollie declares he wants out and wants to come to Geelong. If it falls apart, the damage could be significant.

Henry is more pissed off that he was lowballed on his contract...and that a new guy they're bringing in (Hill) is getting paid substantially more than him...yet they're saying how much they want to keep Henry.

The deal will get done and won't fall apart, but Collingwood screwed themselves with a this contract nonsense, so it'll take til the end of trade period for a middle ground to be reached. No doubt, the Kreuger trade will be raised, as we did that in good faith and for less than we hoped for. The Clark trade will also be raised as a comparison.

Still a lot to play out, but I see a pick around 22-25 plus our late picks, being what both parties will settle for.

Hope not. Ollie declares he wants out and wants to come to Geelong. If it falls apart, the damage could be significant.
It will get done, there is no way Geelong will hang Ollie out to dry given the family connection and the value Ollie will have for our club.

I agree and sav for that reason would get regular games there. As much as id like to keep him i cant begrudge him wanting to go.
cheers

doesn't really say much though does it
I watched the trade show the other night when it was raised by Montana saying that if I was a club I would target Cooper Stephens. Now it’s fact, no club mentioned, but the media are running with it, ridiculous!

There is only 122 points between 21 and 25 ... 33 and 38 for 21 is still 150 positive for them (1028-878)... what was the deal last year with the dogss that got us 24 ?

It was 25 we got off the dogs (24 was from clark) and it cost us 32 and 34
Based on that if we can get 33 in the sav trade 33 and 38 for 25 is pretty bang on points wise (give bris 58 or 64 as well if needed).
Then 25 and future 3rd for ollie.

Who is the most deluded campaigner in Footy? And why did you choose Andrew Mackie?
How often do you get gout considering how salty you are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back