Gillard's AWU/Wilson past about to haunt her?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that you Mr Flannery? Yep, it's never going to rain again is it.

Good one Hauker.
The answer to your question is no.
The response to your statement that you agree with me it is never going to rain again is that you are "agreeing" to something I neither said nor implied nor thought.

That my statement -
"we might all be thankful for the desal plant sooner than we might think (despite my objections) if the long term weather forecasts of an el nino are correct."

- was taken by you as suggesting it is never going to rain again infers either stupidity or dishonesty (or both) on your part.

More importantly, if you had anything useful to say (1)as to the forecast of an el nino; or (2) as to the correlation between el ninos and droughts in SE Australia, you patently failed to avail yourself of the opportunity. My guess is stupidity.

Good one Hauker.
The answer to your question is no.
The response to your statement that you agree with me it is never going to rain again is that you are "agreeing" to something I neither said nor implied nor thought.

That my statement -
"we might all be thankful for the desal plant sooner than we might think (despite my objections) if the long term weather forecasts of an el nino are correct."

- was taken by you as suggesting it is never going to rain again infers either stupidity or dishonesty (or both) on your part.

More importantly, if you had anything useful to say (1)as to the forecast of an el nino; or (2) as to the correlation between el ninos and droughts in SE Australia, you patently failed to avail yourself of the opportunity. My guess is stupidity.
I was making fun at Flannery's dire predictions that look foolish right now, not you.
Predictions are one thing, constantly adjusting statistical data to re-align with the predictions is just wrong. Current Vic water levels and record Antarctic ice coverage are two things Mr Flannery would have never predicted.

I was making fun at Flannery's dire predictions that look foolish right now, not you.
Predictions are one thing, constantly adjusting statistical data to re-align with the predictions is just wrong. Current Vic water levels and record Antarctic ice coverage are two things Mr Flannery would have never predicted.
I wonder if he predicted global cooling! :D

Nah, this is not a witchhunt...
The former judge charged with overseeing the royal commission into union corruption has been billed as guest speaker at a Liberal Party fundraiser. The revelation could discredit the royal commission, which Labor has decried as a political witch hunt from the outset. Justice Dyson Heydon is listed as they keynote speaker at the Sir Garfield Barwick Address on August 21 at the Castlereagh Boutique Hotel in Sydney.

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...committee-chair-says-bomb-syria-politics-live

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...fundraiser-20150812-giy1rr.html#ixzz3iePmw2dT

The former judge charged with overseeing the royal commission into union corruption has been billed as guest speaker at a Liberal Party fundraiser. The revelation could discredit the royal commission, which Labor has decried as a political witch hunt from the outset. Justice Dyson Heydon is listed as they keynote speaker at the Sir Garfield Barwick Address on August 21 at the Castlereagh Boutique Hotel in Sydney.

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...committee-chair-says-bomb-syria-politics-live

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...fundraiser-20150812-giy1rr.html#ixzz3iePmw2dT

HOLY s**t!!! Everyone knew this was a witch-hunt (albeit with some pretty dodgy behaviour by a few unions and businesses) but it's like the Liberal party want to openly brag about it being a witch hunt.

Ha beat me to it.

So yes the Royal Commission is officially nothing more than a giant tax payer funded attack on the ALP.

You really have to wonder how braindead the Liberal Party are though to allow something like this to happen. Is pretty obvious from the outset what the reaction is going to be to a revelation such as this.

Ha beat me to it.

So yes the Royal Commission is officially nothing more than a giant tax payer funded attack on the ALP.

You really have to wonder how braindead the Liberal Party are though to allow something like this to happen. Is pretty obvious from the outset what the reaction is going to be to a revelation such as this.
So they will catch a few union officials which is not such a bad thing but they have opened up Pandora's box.

Cabinet papers open to scrutiny, former PM's and MP's called to answer questions. fun times ahead.

They seriously do believe that they were born to rule. Have we ever had a more incompetent government? Not that I can recall over the past 50 years.

Last edited:
So they will catch a few union officials which is not such a bad thing but they have opened up Pandora's box.

Cabinet papers open to scrutiny, former PM's and MP's called to answer questions. fund times ahead.

They seriously do believe that they were born to rule. Have we ever had a more incompetent government? Not that I can recall over the past 50 years.

They have set a serious precedent.

Can't wait for the Royal Commission into political donations and big business connections to major political parties, led by former High Court Justice Kirby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A statement just now from the royal commission.

The Commissioner Dyson Heydon will not be delivering the Sir Garfield Barwick address. As early as 9.23 this morning (and prior to any media enquiry being received) he advised the organisers that “If there was any possibility that the event could be described as a Liberal Party event he will be unable to give the address, at least whilst he is in the positon of Royal Commissioner.”

This just gets stranger and stranger. Why add the bolded (mine) in the last sentence.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...ll-end-now-moves-to-when-20150813-giy71k.html

Mark Kenny:
"Tony Abbott's royal commission in trade union governance and corruption had always been a nakedly political exercise - a cynical plan-B by a government that lacked the guts to take on trade union power through the front door by way of industrial relations deregulation after its over-cooked WorkChoices experiment."

Imagine the noises the shrilly poodle would have made if Gillian Triggs has accepted an invitation to speak at a Labor Party dinner.

Oh what a fool this government is, three strikes in as many weeks, Bishop, ME non decision and now Heydon, all Captain's picks. LOL

Imagine the noises the shrilly poodle would have made if Gillian Triggs has accepted an invitation to speak at a Labor Party dinner.

Oh what a fool this government is, three strikes in as many weeks, Bishop, ME non decision and now Heydon, all Captain's picks. LOL
Attacks on Abbott about ME are totally baseless. Everyone knows he is against it and took that policy to the last election. You should be banging on about former PM Gillard who continually dismissed the issue when she could of passed ME with the backing of The Greens.

Attacks on Abbott about ME are totally baseless. Everyone knows he is against it and took that policy to the last election. You should be banging on about former PM Gillard who continually dismissed the issue when she could of passed ME with the backing of The Greens.
Just to remind you as you seem to love living in the past, public opinion has moved on significantly since Gillard.

He is only deferring the inevitable, he is not suggesting that a plebiscite be held at the next election, he is deferring until after the next election which would cost even more money and prolong the decision even further. Great economic manager is our leader.

Grattan at her best...
http://theconversation.com/grattan-...ses-that-can-have-a-credibility-problem-46101

"Bill Shorten must have been born under some particularly fortunate star.

In yet another week when “good government” was holidaying, the Coalition prolonged its agony over same-sex marriage, and royal commissioner Dyson Heydon helpfully handed Labor ammunition for its well-established campaign against his inquiry into trade union corruption.

The big, much-anticipated policy announcement of the week – release of Australia’s targets for reducing carbon emissions after 2020 – disappeared from sight." Although this last one, I think the government will be pleased it hasn't been scutinised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back