Glass for AA

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering here - was Rutten playing in the match earlier this year against the Eagles?

I also seem to remember both Graham and Staker kicking 6 goals between them in that match. That may have been the time when Lynchy was being used primarily as a "decoy forward" (the polite terminology for "lame duck"). I'm wondering if we're going to see a similiar approach being used this weekend. The absence of Hunter is probably not going to allow that though, with Graham used down back or in the ruck.

Glass on the Roo should be a great contest, but I wouldn't expect Lynch to have a hell of an impact with Rutten. And if it's raining like they expect it to, even the magic glove won't be able to make them stick. Personally speaking, I'm hoping it buckets down - I haven't seen a good old fashioned mud wrestle this year! :D

As for the Glass vs Rutten debate, I'm at a loss. Both great players with differing styles and approaches, dictated mainly by the overall structure and approach of the team. While Glass is strong, very quick and terrific at negating a key forward, he's not a playmaker and when he has the ball is pretty conservative. He opts for safe short kicks and handpasses to his teammates generally - he's not the type to boot the leather off it or go for wild downfield runs. If he played for Adelaide, maybe he'd take an entirely different approach. Who knows?

halfbackflanker said:
Just wondering here - was Rutten playing in the match earlier this year against the Eagles?

I also seem to remember both Graham and Staker kicking 6 goals between them in that match.

Glass on the Roo should be a great contest

You make some good points there hbf - I'll just comment on these three

Yep Rutten played in that match and was on lynch and that was one of the first times that he was dragged up the ground. If it starts to happen again and you have a taller target closer to goal then Rutten may decided that that is where he wants to play instead and Stevens or Bock would take Lynch.

Yep those two did very well, but overall we played like crap and your side didn't play sterling football either, we finally started to actually play some ok footy in the last quarter. The real turning point was Clarke going off and Biglands not able to hold Cox in our forward line and thus he was instrumental in the attacks forward that resulted in the goals to won you the game. It was an arm wrestle like most of the contests between the two clubs.

I would say that Glass would be played on Hentschel if he is included not the Roo. Previous match up on Roo when he goes forward have been Chick, from memory.

NikkiNoo said:
What about his average for the whole season? I can't find the thread but there was one that had listed goals against and I thought that Glass did have a few kicked against him one game? Was it Fevola?

Yep Nikkinoo you are rite but in that game Carlton were running amuk at that time and Glass was the only guy that was prepared to run at the footy in a contest in which Fev got a lot of dead set easy goals where the ball would go over or get punched straight in to his arms DEAD SET GIMME'S.

I think that glass as been our most consistant player this year to date if it wasn't for Glassy I think that we may have lsot a couple more He does deserve AA in my eyes call me one eyed if you wish!!!!:thumbsu:

Kaitsey said:
Lynch to kick a bag on rutten this week

i tried to tell you guys, but no one would listen, now you all look like fools! hahahahahhhahhahaahahaha.

P.S. Glass > Rutten

This year Glassy seems to have more self confidence this year. He is running through the middle and up the wings a lot aswell as having the confidence to mark in the Defensive 50 instead of always spoiling.

he is strong quick and reads the play well can kick also...great overhead....perfect.....

jod23 said:
Glass takes the lead in AA race IMO. Rutten got bitchslapped by TBU :D

yeah, rutten got 4 kicked on him by big lynch, and staker outmarked him in the first qtr and goaled. 5 goals.

glass doesnt need us to flood for him to demolish his opponent.
rutten does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back