Autopsy Gold Coast v Bulldogs - July 11, Cazaly's Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drop fish, McKenzie and leave out Bennell, bring in Thompson, Harbrow

All 3 need to learn that the team is bigger than the individual and if they can't do that play in the 2's until you either start to or your contract ends .

No more ******* around
Why Bennell? The club said it's been dealt with, so why should Harley be retrospectively punished for a two and a half year old photo? If he drinks when he's told not to again, then fair enough, but I reckon there's no reason to omit him.

Why Bennell? The club said it's been dealt with, so why should Harley be retrospectively punished for a two and a half year old photo? If he drinks when he's told not to again, then fair enough, but I reckon there's no reason to omit him.
McKenzie played ok when he needed to on the weekend, no reason to drop him I reckon. We have a few injuries that we will need to cover for next week so probably don't need to drop him. Bennell I am not sure on what to do with. If I was in charge I would give him one more week to make sure he is sorted and on the straight road, but I won't be annoyed if he is thrust back in this week.

We know that Russell is defiantly out this week with a broken finger, so that is Harbrow to come back in. I don't think you can make too many changes to a winning team.

We know that Russell is defiantly out this week with a broken finger, so that is Harbrow to come back in. I don't think you can make too many changes to a winning team.
Russell has probably his best game ever yesterday, but I can't tell whether he's improved dramatically or whether the North players on him were just really s**t. Luke managed to consistently get into space, kicked well, responded well under pressure, and played his role superbly. Whether he keeps that up or not doesn't matter I suppose - as long as he's performing well at NEAFL level, it provides competition and gives us great depth.

As for McKenzie, I somewhat agree. He didn't set the world on fire, but didn't * up either - just did his job. Whether or not that's enough for Rocket remains to be seen.

A question to ponder for GCS BF fans.

If there were no injuries from the win over North Melbourne (forget that Russell and Saad may be unavailable due to injury) who would you drop for the game against the Bulldogs.

Obviously the seconds had a great win with some good individual efforts. Additionally once automatic inclusions such as Bennell, Thompson and Harbrow we will assume will be available for selection.

Do you reward the winning senior team with no changes or includes some new lads.

The defence kept North Melbourne to 9 goals, the midfield were excellent and the forwards (and on-ballers & KK) kicked 19 goals.

Always an interesting one to answer!

If Thompson is fit and firing, I'd bring him in for Schade. Bring Bennell in for Lonergan, and Harbrow in for Russell.

To be fair on Schade and Russell though, they played well. Lonergan didn't have much of an impact as the sub, but he didn't give away his usual 437289423 penalties, so there's that.

Forgot about Matera. Needs to be dropped back to the NEAFL for a few weeks I think.

Rory for Brooksby or Day. If it Brookers then Day moving back forward and Day+Dixon doing the extra ruck work.
Schade staying in as 3rd tall defender, releasing McKenzie to do something (anything......)

Other changes injury based. Everyone in the team putting in, including Fish. If you ask him to get better defensively then he goes out and does that, hard to drop him. Also means that AHall is playing further from goal which is a good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to earn a spot now I think, no more rockstar act from Harley should be tolerated, if he has turned it around great but I haven't seen anything to suggest he has pulled his head in

Rory for Brooksby or Day. If it Brookers then Day moving back forward and Day+Dixon doing the extra ruck work.
Schade staying in as 3rd tall defender, releasing McKenzie to do something (anything......)
I'm staunchly against Day being played as a swingman. He needs to develop in defence and shouldn't be moved around. Leave him in the backline. He's played quite well there in the past two games and doesn't deserve to be constantly moved up and down the field.

I'm positive he'll dominate in our defence in games to come. He's shown a lot of promise and really should be left down there. He suits Rocket's defensive game too, because he's a great mark but can shut down his man too.

Needs to earn a spot now I think, no more rockstar act from Harley should be tolerated, if he has turned it around great but I haven't seen anything to suggest he has pulled his head in
I kinda agree, but this photo shouldn't change anything from the week prior to its release. Harley was fine before the photo was leaked, so why make him fight for a spot?

There was literally nobody on this board saying "Yeah, I think Harley should be dropped" after the Carlton game. This photo is irrelevant.

I'm staunchly against Day being played as a swingman. He needs to develop in defence and shouldn't be moved around. Leave him in the backline. He's played quite well there in the past two games and doesn't deserve to be constantly moved up and down the field.

I'm positive he'll dominate in our defence in games to come. He's shown a lot of promise and really should be left down there. He suits Rocket's defensive game too, because he's a great mark but can shut down his man too.

As stated b4, I want to see Sam in 1 role, agree with you that he's done that pretty well last couple.

Have seen 3 Dog's games recently, need to make their defence accountable or they can be devastating running off 1/2 back. Both along the wings and thru the middle.

Stringer is gr8 up forward but can b put under pressure by not having a bigger option there to take some flak. Guess a lot depends on who Dogs bring back in, not worried much about Suns defence, belief is strong there.

Matchups for Wood, Bont, Dahlhaus, Grant & Johannisen will b interesting, hoping there will only b needed changes to the team this week ie: class coming back to replace injuries or guys that try hard but aren't quite there yet.

was our best on ground before the photo fiasco...surely that puts him in the equation? Bit harsh to say pull his head in after an event being released from over 2 years ago.

Surely we can't drop Schade? he has been fantastic.
I heard somewhere that Harley might need some more counselling before he plays. The opposition might get into him about the photos and needs to be prepared for that. Not saying i necessarily agree with that but if he isn't ready there is no need to rush him back.

Seems like the kinda guy who will let his play do the talking - And that can only be a positive for the SUNS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back