Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I note that Shannon Broadbent is on his 3rd application to return to Tat after the first two were denied. Interesting to see how it pans out, particularly if it involves a dispute over a contract and if so, whether it is enforceable. Also interesting to see big Tim Little cleared back to Tat. Apart from a coaching role, how much game time would he play? After watching a replay of the 2012 GF, I reckon he played a pretty
good game.

I note that Shannon Broadbent is on his 3rd application to return to Tat after the first two were denied. Interesting to see how it pans out, particularly if it involves a dispute over a contract and if so, whether it is enforceable. Also interesting to see big Tim Little cleared back to Tat. Apart from a coaching role, how much game time would he play? After watching a replay of the 2012 GF, I reckon he played a pretty
good game.
While on tat blueboy, what can you tell us about the rumour that tommy durward has signed at ardmona?

While on tat blueboy, what can you tell us about the rumour that tommy durward has signed at ardmona?
Appears to be true Thirdmanup. Wants to play with his brother out at Ardmona. Nothing against the KDL, but I reckon with his talent he should be playing in a higher standard competition. Hopefully for Tat, he comes back like he did a couple of seasons ago.

What does everyone think of united this year? surely will have to take a backwards step on the last 4-5 years success that has brought them 2 flags... Have they signed anyone? I heard that they signed a bloke from Eltham (CHF) to be a target with eagle, dawes and Forys etc leaving the club... It leaves a massive hole in their spine and changes the way they need to play... What does Looby do? play forward or back?
What about the swans chances, didn't get to see a lot of them last year but they finished hard and was impressed with what I saw in the finals series.. They have a good list that is coming to that point (50-100 games) that were there when they started with Warburton (Haysom, Finnen, Preece, Tinkler, Johnstone, Bell, Avard) and by the sound of it have signed a couple of blokes from Bendigo that can play!
Kyabram and Benalla still be strong chances this year?

What does everyone think of united this year? surely will have to take a backwards step on the last 4-5 years success that has brought them 2 flags... Have they signed anyone? I heard that they signed a bloke from Eltham (CHF) to be a target with eagle, dawes and Forys etc leaving the club... It leaves a massive hole in their spine and changes the way they need to play... What does Looby do? play forward or back?
What about the swans chances, didn't get to see a lot of them last year but they finished hard and was impressed with what I saw in the finals series.. They have a good list that is coming to that point (50-100 games) that were there when they started with Warburton (Haysom, Finnen, Preece, Tinkler, Johnstone, Bell, Avard) and by the sound of it have signed a couple of blokes from Bendigo that can play!
Kyabram and Benalla still be strong chances this year?

United will still be one of the sides to beat.. Currie & Ross will be good fwd targets, McIntyre will help in defence and Davies will be a great pick up for midfield. Huy, DiBella, Henderson, Rendina & Davies is a pretty fair midfield group and with Looby, Butler still patrolling backline I think top 4 is still likely.

Agree united will be very very good still, Davies will be a star, huy star, Looby star, Henderson star, dibbela star, there top liners are guns! They will take time to adjust to life without the hulk but will be up there

Think it might be fairly predictable..Ky, Swans, Benalla, United, Tat to round out the top 4. Hopefully Shepp can win 4/5 games. Seymour usually keep things pretty quiet so could suprise.

You think Rochy are off the boil Ringo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not having a good day Roota..top 6 it is then!:eek: ky, Swans, Benalla, United, Tat and Rochy in no particular order. Now hope that adds up!!:thumbsu:
who do we reckon will win it lads? can swans do it! i'd love to see them or benalla win it, love they way they have gone about it and both would be worthy winners

who do we reckon will win it lads? can swans do it! i'd love to see them or benalla win it, love they way they have gone about it and both would be worthy winners

I think Swans have recruited the best in the league so far as have picked up where they were weaker. Another big key forward in Maddern will stretch teams and another couple of rotations of on-ballers will also help strengthen them up around the middle. Winning centre clearances and kicking to a couple of genuine targets means they should be fairly potent.

It's a tough industry country footy-swans have timed there run to have a crack at a flag really well but it could all be wasted if ky stand up again, benalla the same, that window to having a crack at winning a flag is a fine line, if swans don't win it this year than I highly doubt they ever will! Lots of pressure on these high spending sides

There is always good competition getting around though so you just need to do the best you can. Would you rate Swans up their amongst the biggest spenders? I know they had a few monster cracks in the past but thought they had built up this without going crazy on expenditure.

There is always good competition getting around though so you just need to do the best you can. Would you rate Swans up their amongst the biggest spenders? I know they had a few monster cracks in the past but thought they had built up this without going crazy on expenditure.

They have built up pretty well but still would be spending heaps! 220-230k at a guess??
Lovick, Sidebottom, Avard, Maddern, Childs, Daniels wouldn't come cheap?

They have built up pretty well but still would be spending heaps! 220-230k at a guess??
Lovick, Sidebottom, Avard, Maddern, Childs, Daniels wouldn't come cheap?
Most sides would have those 5-6 players that they pay big dollars, it is the second tier of dollars that they spend that makes the difference in terms of cost. From all reports, players like Preece, Johnstone, Bell, Tinkler, Haysom, Antonowicz, Fry etc don't play for a large sum of money, which allows the club to build spend a few extra dollars on those guns without going overboard... Thats what I have heard anyways

You'd be pleasantly surprised at what those boys get, they all had big offers to leave and the club had to pay to keep them, plus all the top liners, it seems common knowledge the swans are spending $220k plus

Some calculations on the top liners alone

Lovick $1500 per week $27,000
Maddern $1500 per week $27,000
Childs $1200 per week $21,600
Sidebottom $1000 per week $18,000
Avard $1000 per week $18,000
Daniels $1000 per week $18,000
Riordan $800 per week $14,400

That's $144,000 just on them that's without sign on fees etc...they are spending BIGGGGG

And remember what happened last time the swans went BIGGGGGG????

Surely players won't be cleared at anytime! The lower clubs would not see out the season as players would jump ship to play with finals bound teams. IMO if that happens country footy is done!
If all contracts end on 15th October or similar clubs would be stupid of not to have all wanted players on contracts and it would avoid raiding of lower clubs as you suggested .

Heard a whisper that Billy Lovell has been made captain at tat... Donka going for a bit of youth in the leadership group if true

Heard a whisper that Billy Lovell has been made captain at tat... Donka going for a bit of youth in the leadership group if true
What criteria would most clubs use to select a captain? Respect, reputation, leadership qualities, football ability, person to aspire to be like? Great to see the AFL captains together recently and their professional behaviour while together. How would most GVFL captains be received by one another in this proud league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back