Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha Roota ..you are bloody hilarious.

12 months late with that news. Last year they spoke to him about coaching this year.

What is a sizeable offer in GV footy to play and coach or what was indicated to you Roota? What amount hits this "sizeable" figure?

12 months late with that news. Last year they spoke to him about coaching this year.

What is a sizeable offer in GV footy to play and coach or what was indicated to you Roota? What amount hits this "sizeable" figure?

I know he was spoken to last year and I was told he has again been contacted. Upwards of 50k was the number is was told

I know he was spoken to last year and I was told he has again been contacted. Upwards of 50k was the number is was told

Roota, I respect what you post, but this cannot be anywhere near the truth! They would not pay their coach near that much money, and I think the club would be reasonably satisfied with how Flaherty has gone. To get him as a player would be a good get, but not worth more than 1k - 1.5k at the absolute most. Outside mid / half forward flanker are not the players that demand huge money

Roota, I respect what you post, but this cannot be anywhere near the truth! They would not pay their coach near that much money, and I think the club would be reasonably satisfied with how Flaherty has gone. To get him as a player would be a good get, but not worth more than 1k - 1.5k at the absolute most. Outside mid / half forward flanker are not the players that demand huge money

Just what I was told mate so thought I'd put it out there discussion.

Pretty sure my source was suggesting Brad rather than Andy. Can't imagine they would have 50k to spare after Weekes and confident midfielders are well catered for at Tigerland. A large ruckman, a key forward, and a backman who takes a dozen marks a game ... not so much.

I came down and watched Rochy v Tatura today and heard that Tat have only won two games total for the year between the Seniors, Reserves and Thirds. That is an amazing record if true - what is happening at that club???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would easily be in the best 5 players in victoria outside of the afl/vfl any club would be keen to lure him, twice the player of stroobrants, I would suspect any major league club in Northern victoria would be keen to get him

I came down and watched Rochy v Tatura today and heard that Tat have only won two games total for the year between the Seniors, Reserves and Thirds. That is an amazing record if true - what is happening at that club???
Club is just doing fine JT watch this space next season..m

So we've come to the final round of the season and every ladder position is set.

Rochy v Kyabram will be an interesting game as they could meet somewhere in the finals. Euroa would want to show something against Benalla as their form has been ordinary lately.

First week of the finals will be;
Rochy v Benalla
Kyabram v Euroa
Swans v Seymour

Where's Echuca at Ringo? Only beaten 1 team home two years in a row. I know you say Briggs is doing a good job, but they don't seem to be improving. Would imagine there'd be a limit as to how long Buckley et al come back and get pantsed.

Are they willing to shell out the dollars to land a big fish like Walker who could attract 6-7 top liners?

Where's Echuca at Ringo? Only beaten 1 team home two years in a row. I know you say Briggs is doing a good job, but they don't seem to be improving. Would imagine there'd be a limit as to how long Buckley et al come back and get pantsed.

Are they willing to shell out the dollars to land a big fish like Walker who could attract 6-7 top liners?

Yeah its not great..believe that they have 6-8 very good GVFL players but fall away a bit after that. Need to build depth throughout the club. Junior club transition will be really important with the points system.The new system will most likely see the need for clubs to really develop the young players and then keep them. Its a long way back from here but feel that Echuca should always be in the finals mix. Keeping Buckley, Pollock will be really important but no doubt that they need another 5-6 top liners to have an impact

Yeah its not great..believe that they have 6-8 very good GVFL players but fall away a bit after that. Need to build depth throughout the club. Junior club transition will be really important with the points system.The new system will most likely see the need for clubs to really develop the young players and then keep them. Its a long way back from here but feel that Echuca should always be in the finals mix. Keeping Buckley, Pollock will be really important but no doubt that they need another 5-6 top liners to have an impact
That's the point - "develop young players and then keep them" - a throw away line - country clubs do not keep them!!!! Regional towns maybe, but not the smaller ones - it is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back