Other Gridiron Movies - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The Replacements is great! Good, fun movie!
The strong dislike being shown towards this movie shocks me pretty bad as honest to god it's one of my all time favorite movies. Just doesn't compute with me.

Yeah it's not the strongest football movie ever made but for a lighthearted comedy about redemption and second chances intercut with a whole bunch of football stuff it does the job quite well. Granted, It's no Friday Night Lights but it isn't trying to be.

The Blindside on the other hand is way overrated in most circles.

New movie this year....When The Game Stands Tall

Official Trailer below (you should install firefox app, "youtube unblocker" to view all locked content).

Link to Youtube Unblocker: http://www.unblocker.yt/

I'll watch it and I'll like it. I drink that drama stuff up, add in Gridiron and I'm IN!!!!

Also saw Draft Day the other day. Really liked it.

I'll watch it and I'll like it. I drink that drama stuff up, add in Gridiron and I'm IN!!!!

Also saw Draft Day the other day. Really liked it.
As did I, You've got to suspend your disbelief in a few spots but overall it's a pretty darn good football movie.

I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than the Blindside.

New movie this year....When The Game Stands Tall

Official Trailer below (you should install firefox app, "youtube unblocker" to view all locked content).

Link to Youtube Unblocker: http://www.unblocker.yt/

It's more a drama than a sports movie.

Watched it on Labor Day in Orlando.

Watched Draft Day last night. Was okay. Kind of fairy tale stuff trade scenario's. If only shite went down like that in real life, especially for the Browns. Needed more JFF.

And someone can probably tell me..was the Mack they used in the football footage Kalil?

Nope I don't think so.

Obviously the young Jennings is played by Arian Foster of the Texans.

Nope I don't think so.

Obviously the young Jennings is played by Arian Foster of the Texans.
I listened to the commentary of the movie.
Apparently the scene where him and Terry Crews calling up Sonny Weaver Jnr was shot a few blocks over from where the Draft was held on draft day.
So all the NFL fanatics came over to get a photo with Crews while they're trying to cut a scene.

But no one recognised Arian Foster as he shaved his beard for this role.

As did I, You've got to suspend your disbelief in a few spots but overall it's a pretty darn good football movie.

I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than the Blindside.

Browns fans are used to this on draft day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rented Rudy as a teen because Al Snow was in it. It was enjoyable. Don't remember seeing Al Snow though.

Here's a movie form 2012 that went under the radar.. got that Brett Favre connotations about it..

Starring Kurt Russell

Here's the intro to last years Supabah with Kurt doing the honours..

Here's a movie form 2012 that went under the radar.. got that Brett Favre connotations about it..

Starring Kurt Russell

cheers for the link. . nice to see what looks to be a "non-by the numbers chock full of tired clichés" football film

Finally got around to watching Draft Day, as Stan now carries it through its VOD.

I had low expectations, particularly as I'm not a Kevin Costner fan. I put it on to watch while I was doing the ironing.

I was pleasantly surprised. The trades are straight out of la-la land and any GM who considered making any of the trades would be fired on the spot else be lynched by the fans of his team. But the movie sucked me in and I stuck with it through to the end in one sitting after initially planning to jump ship back to PlayStation.

But I couldn't get over the fact that the Seahawks were picking no. 1 overall. The movie referenced Andrew Luck early on so the film producers and scriptwriters wanted to preserve some sense of actual NFL history, yet decided to imply that the Seahawks had finished with the worst record in the league in the previous season. Did not compute for me.

I also didn't buy the relationship between Costner and Garner; the chemistry wasn't there. I could believe Leary as an old school football coach and Langella as the owner.

Slightly better than average, I suppose.

They initially wanted it to be Buffalo not Cleveland as the writers (or at least 1) were Bills fans, but only the Browns offered up the services of their facilities.

They initially wanted it to be Buffalo not Cleveland as the writers (or at least 1) were Bills fans, but only the Browns offered up the services of their facilities.

Did they say why the Browns where the only team happy to give them Access?

I'm currently in France, I fly back tomorrow, get back Wednesday.
Ill try and watch it again then and see the reason and get back to you.

Just might have to watch episodes 2-4 of Game of Thrones first.

I was pleasantly surprised. The trades are straight out of la-la land and any GM who considered making any of the trades would be fired on the spot else be lynched by the fans of his team. But the movie sucked me in and I stuck with it through to the end in one sitting after initially planning to jump ship back to PlayStation.

May have already said this, but the Jacksonville trade was the killer in that movie. Could suspend belief on nearly everything else, but that last trade was ridiculous.

That doesn't change the fact they had Seattle picking first. :p

Wikipedia (not the most reliable of sources, I know) suggests that the team was switched from the Bills to the Browns due to better tax treatment for movies being made in Ohio compared to New York State.

Wikipedia (not the most reliable of sources, I know) suggests that the team was switched from the Bills to the Browns due to better tax treatment for movies being made in Ohio compared to New York State.
If they wanted better tax treatment they would've ran with the Falcons over anyone else.
Why do you think the Georgian film industry is growing?
Hunger Games was shot there, and I think a few other recent blockbusters as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back