• Yes - we will just make it

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No - we will miss out

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • No - we should be planning for 2024

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst Toby is very positive as you’d expect, the article heading is a bit misleading as he’s not as definitive in the interview. As a club we have a Grand Final out of the 3 Preliminary Finals we have made in our history.

Once you’re in a prelim, you got your eyes on a premiership, no doubt.
“That’s what we want to do when we’re here and they’re not easy to make.

“We know what’s at stake but we’re excited. It’s an awesome position to be, playing footy at the ‘G - hopefully two weeks in a row.”

Can we close this thread? I'm sick of being reminded that I thought we should focus on 2024! ;)
If it’s any consolation, according to this article even Kingsley and Toby didn’t expect to make PF. Only Sam Taylor had the confidence to make the correct prediction about how our season turned out

So very proud of our team. We were predicted to come in the bottom 4 and ever round 10 looked dead and buried. Yet, our boys adapted to Kingsley’s new system and inspired by Toby’s exemplary leadership, played well beyond their individual capabilities- a true team of champions.

Just gutted that we came so close to our second Grand Final. Just 1 point in it, and we were just 1 accurate kick away from winning against the best Aussie Rules team in the world. Unbiased umpires and playing on Saturday so there was some semblance in getting some rest, and I’m sure the result would have been different.

Incredibly proud of our boys in making the finals and have a lot of confidence in Kingsley. The future for us looks very bright, and we will be looking to make more finals

Back