• Yes - we will just make it

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No - we will miss out

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • No - we should be planning for 2024

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No Sam Taylor unfortunately, I think that is a loss, but we should still have a good defence anyway. It is essential the forwards play well today.

You guys should be locked in now for finals regardless of this game but for the AFL pricks. Sydney should out - first side to make finals from 10th

Edit. Apologies - dogs won last night so that changed things so a win is needed

Anyway, please beat Carlton today and its you guys and Brisbane all the way from my end this finals series

We are in the finals! We are in the finals! We are in the finals! We are in the finals! So so proud of our boys- what a fantastic team. Congratulations to Adam Kingsley, Toby and the entire team! How awesome is this!

I always thought we were never near the wooden spoon, and far better than bottom 4. But I'll admit that 3-7 start was tough to take. Just thought it was too big a mountain to climb at that point to make finals. Credit to AK and the boys, though, they believed and made it happen. Who knows what they can do from here?

I always thought we were never near the wooden spoon, and far better than bottom 4. But I'll admit that 3-7 start was tough to take. Just thought it was too big a mountain to climb at that point to make finals. Credit to AK and the boys, though, they believed and made it happen. Who knows what they can do from here?
I thought we were a chance for finals but after so many near misses early in the year (Carlton, Richmond, West Coast) I thought fair enough, good signs but we've dropped the ball one too many times - no chance for final, let's move on. The guys and AK definitely proved me wrong with some of the wins along the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The market has us 6th in line to win the premiership at $23. And to think that at one point we were $31 just to make the finals, and were more favoured to finish bottom four than make the finals!. We are also now slightly favoured to win next week (we are $1.85 and St Kilda is $2.00). Our team under Toby and Kingsley, will make a real impact in the finals, and won’t be just making up the numbers.

I wonder how long Taylor is out for? Tweaked it in the Essendon game...so will end up having 3 weeks to heal. Minor hamstrings take anywhere from 3-8 weeks to heal. Given he has history with the injury we probably cant risk him.
Buckley was fantastic last night. Tough first QTR but got ontop in the end. Himmelberg also handy...I wonder if they persist with Haynes on the bench or just start with him....the pace of McMullin was great

And whilst we are talking milestones, Himmelberg will play his 150th game, against the Saints. Also, Jesse just needs 3 more goals to pass 100 total goals whilst playing for us- or if we want to dream, just 8 more goals to become just the 3rd Giant in history (after Cameron and Toby) to score more than 50 goals in a season for us!

Some stats to make us confident when compared to the other finalists if we are ever trailing! Unfortunately amongst the finalists, we are the worst first quarter team, trailing 14 times in our 23 games.

The Demons (17 last-quarter wins) and Giants (16) have been the best teams late in games, while Collingwood and St Kilda (both 13) have also come home strongly.

Some stats to make us confident when compared to the other finalists if we are ever trailing! Unfortunately amongst the finalists, we are the worst first quarter team, trailing 14 times in our 23 games.

The Demons (17 last-quarter wins) and Giants (16) have been the best teams late in games, while Collingwood and St Kilda (both 13) have also come home strongly.

Our 2nd half fade-outs of recent years has completely flipped. Another reason to love watching this team.

GWS GIANTS​

“Over the last six weeks in the turnover game, GWS are plus 158 points. The next best finalist is Melbourne at plus 66.

“They’re streets ahead in terms of what they’re doing in the transition game. They scored 10 goals to two (against Carlton) in the transition game.

Adam Kingsley and what he’s done to reshape how they play - the system now is a far more sustainable brand of footy (than it was when they made the 2019 Grand Final).”

GWS GIANTS​

“Over the last six weeks in the turnover game, GWS are plus 158 points. The next best finalist is Melbourne at plus 66.

“They’re streets ahead in terms of what they’re doing in the transition game. They scored 10 goals to two (against Carlton) in the transition game.

“Adam Kingsley and what he’s done to reshape how they play - the system now is a far more sustainable brand of footy (than it was when they made the 2019 Grand Final).”
Allot of that is due to the pressure of our mosquito fleet in Snooze and Stormy.

Disgrace how he has been banned. Yes I have no faith it will be overturned as they are Vic centric bastards.

Back