• Yes - we will just make it

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No - we will miss out

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • No - we should be planning for 2024

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I genuinely think that is not suspension worthy. It’s an afl action. He had the tests and came out fine.
It's not what we or anyone else thinks. It's not even what Zac Fisher from Carlton thinks.

If the AFL want Bedford out, he's out. As with the umpiring, the Tribunal is another one of their de-facto hand puppets.

Can you imagine the punishment for Toby if the situation was reversed, and he had done what Weitering did to him?

It stares everyone in the face.

Our 2nd half fade-outs of recent years has completely flipped. Another reason to love watching this team.

Reckon a lot of new staff such as AK and Assistants plus bit of an overhaul of the S&C people we managed to target from the swans.
I now have faith we can over run teams something we never had since about 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Analysis of the finals experience of all the teams that made the finals- we seem to be mid range in experience. Kingsley’s first finals campaign but given his stellar debut season, he will be confident.

gws-giants.jpg

Most finals games: Callan Ward (15)
Players with finals experience:
Most finals goals:
Toby Greene (20)
Players with finals goals:
Most finals wins:
Nick Haynes and Josh Kelly (7)
Players with finals wins:

Champions Data’s analysis of the key strengths and weaknesses of all the final teams

Greater Western Sydney

STRENGTHS: The Giants enter finals as one of the form teams of the competition, conceding just 69.3 points a game since round 13 (No.1) and a score from just 35.2 per cent of opposition inside 50s in this time (No.1), which would be the best percentage ever recorded if it was across the full season. A strong pressure team all year, they have recorded an average pressure rating of 184 (No.3) and also rank third for pressure differential. When it comes to ball movement, the Giants go direct and like the corridor, kicking forward from 92.8 per cent of kicks (No.2) and playing on immediately from 30.3 per cent of marks (excluding forward 50 marks), which ranks No.3.

WEAKNESS: Centre bounce is the Giants' weakness, ranking bottom four for centre clearance and scores from centre bounce differentials.

So, when/if we win this week who would we rather play? I’m think lions are a better match up for us …. Don’t like the pace of port in the midfield

So, when/if we win this week who would we rather play? I’m think lions are a better match up for us …. Don’t like the pace of port in the midfield
Definitely Lions, I think we match up pretty well with them and we were very competitive against them earlier this year.

Port blew us away, although it might be a different story with Daniels and Bedford in the team

Port.

Obviously.

What an exhilarating feeling!! To first make the finals and then to beat the Saints and be just two wins away from the grand final.

The semifinal next week will be hard - we either play Brisbane who are virtually unbeatable in the Gabba or Port who (along with Collingwood) are the only teams to thrash us this year.

I think we can beat both teams given our self belief and form, but presumably prefer Brisbane next week? We haven’t played at the Gabba this year, so can add that to the record number of grounds we have won this season!

I think we are peaking at the right time, and Kingsley’s system and coaching is priming us for a GF run (though hopefully without the 2019 GF outcome!). We have to beat the only two teams that smashed us to get to the GF, but if any team has the confidence to do it, it is ours.

GWS players are "eating up" the system coach Adam Kingsley has brought in from Richmond as the Giants eye another unlikely deep AFL finals run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we are peaking at the right time, and Kingsley’s system and coaching is priming us for a GF run (though hopefully without the 2019 GF outcome!). We have to beat the only two teams that smashed us to get to the GF, but if any team has the confidence to do it, it is ours.

GWS players are "eating up" the system coach Adam Kingsley has brought in from Richmond as the Giants eye another unlikely deep AFL finals run.

We are so much healthier (fingers crossed) than in 2019 ... we had guys on one leg by the end

I was a bit drunk on saturday and couldn't be bothered trying to sort out my posting ... but, it was great to see the boys get around Lloydy before the team song, knowing he is gonna crack a 100 games this weekend. We've been really good at getting milestone wins this year ... long may it continue

AFL.com’s analysis of how we turned out season around in 5 key areas to be genuine final contenders

Last season there was a bottom-four finish, a parting with long-time senior coach Leon Cameron, and the departure of two important midfielders in Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper. The club's prospects, at least in the short term, looked bleak.

But fast forward 12 months and Greater Western Sydney is suddenly challenging deep into September. Under the guidance of first-year coach Adam Kingsley, the Giants are a premiership threat once more.

Who Collingwood and Brisbane would prefer to play in the Preliminary Finals next week

Port's recent form and injury issues since have marked it down a rung or two from those highs, though. And the Giants' irrepressible run, not to mention their capacity to win anytime, anywhere, would give Collingwood plenty of cause for concern.

I suspect the Pies will be hoping that, at home, it's the Power which prevails.

Have to keep pinching myself. Wow, a Preliminary Final!! Just how good are our team. At 3-7 we were gone, and yet our boys never lost confidence and self belief and made the finals in Kingsley’s debut season.

And now we are in just our 4th preliminary final in our history, and just one win from making our second ever grand final. So so proud of our team

Back