Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

Which 1 of these players will be the best? Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziebell was good, not outstanding.

I'm interested what Tigers supporters think of Martins game yesterday?

I thought he looked like tearing the game apart at stages but he turned the ball over a lot. Pretty average IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always thought Martin was quite comfortably ahead of the others, but after watching his game more closely. I think he is a bit overrated and the others are a lot closer to him

I always thought Martin was quite comfortably ahead of the others, but after watching his game more closely. I think he is a bit overrated and the others are a lot closer to him
I think it'd be hard to argue any of the other 3 have been better than Shuey this year based purely of stats, he matches anyone on goals, wins goal assists easily, wins clearances easily, wins in average contested possessions and still has the best disposal efficiency.

Last edited:
Martin the better player overall still.
The other 3 though- Ziebell 3 finals wins. Shuey 4 finals wins. Hartlett 3 finals wins.
Shuey was excellent yesterday afternoon. Ziebell was a bull at the contest in the 2nd half. A finals player. Obviously Hartlett missed out but can Martins non-influence in September become a factor soon?

Week 1 of finals performance was (IMO)

Shuey

Ziebell
Martin
Ziebell is building an impressive yet diverse portfolio of finals performances. Was an absolute beast in the 2012 EF with 30 touches and 12 clearances, one of the few in royal blue and white that could hold their head up high that day. In 2014 played as much as a mini-full forward as an on-baller; cracked the EF open with two crucial contested marks and a goal, hit the scoreboard and lead the way in with two goals and 8 tackles in the SF, but didn't have the same impact in the PF. On Sunday he was far from the most important play maker or extractor for North but felt like his physicality from the first siren set the standard that the entire team lifted to and almost kicked what would have to be one of the best finals points in North Melbourne history.

Ziebell is building an impressive yet diverse portfolio of finals performances. Was an absolute beast in the 2012 EF with 30 touches and 12 clearances, one of the few in royal blue and white that could hold their head up high that day. In 2014 played as much as a mini-full forward as an on-baller; cracked the EF open with two crucial contested marks and a goal, hit the scoreboard and lead the way in with two goals and 8 tackles in the SF, but didn't have the same impact in the PF. On Sunday he was far from the most important play maker or extractor for North but felt like his physicality from the first siren set the standard that the entire team lifted to and almost kicked what would have to be one of the best finals points in North Melbourne history.

Yes, i thought Shuey was genuinely good last week.

Martin was ok.

Ziebell was good, it took a re-watching of the replay to see it. At the ground i thought he turned it over too much, but it was actually only one turn over along with some of his signature hack kicks out of the center that go sideways. But he is a brute and many Richmond players came up sore from contests with him. Had he had have kicked that goal in the third i would have exploded.

Hopefully he can go up against shuey in 2 weeks time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back