FTA-TV Has anyone here auditioned for Hot Seat Millionaire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Of all the things I signed I don't think any of them were confidentiality. They never mention that other than to say invite all your friends around to watch the episode and it will be more fun if you don't tell them how it ends. But I'll take out the references to specific results.

BTW. You're all invited around to my place to watch the show. Sometime in the next 2-8 weeks.
I was on tonight but none of you turned up.

It was edited more than I realized, or at least I was. At least four things I spoke about with Eddie weren't shown.

Did you win?
No.

Got four questions right and I wasn't going to get back if I passed.

The winner had passed on the first or second question and just got back in the seat for one question He won 50k for knowing about Wreck it Ralph.

Hah...have an audition later this month. Go on-line to research the audition day and it turns out the best info is on a site that I already dedicate many of my waking hours to. Gotta love BF.

good luck, best advice come up with a little anecdote 2-3 minutes, practice it so your reasonably confident when you do your on camera audition.. try and stand out without looking like your trying too, i wore high viz shirt and work books (came straight from work) whilst 90% of the others were in smart causal attire.

Auditioned today...good fun. Maybe a couple of hundred people. 30 question quiz to sort the wheat from the chaff...random, not sure it is something you can prep for. I got 23/30 and the cut off was 18/30. The cut off is obviously not fixed...they are looking for a certain number.

Then split into a few groups to do the one minute story to camera and complete a bit of paperwork...can only endorse what others have said, have a good story prepped...these guys do thousands of these auditions...shock them, surprise them, make them laugh.

We'll see if it goes anywhere from here.

Auditioned today...good fun. Maybe a couple of hundred people. 30 question quiz to sort the wheat from the chaff...random, not sure it is something you can prep for. I got 23/30 and the cut off was 18/30. The cut off is obviously not fixed...they are looking for a certain number.

Then split into a few groups to do the one minute story to camera and complete a bit of paperwork...can only endorse what others have said, have a good story prepped...these guys do thousands of these auditions...shock them, surprise them, make them laugh.

We'll see if it goes anywhere from here.

Good luck, be prepared to wait think it was nearly a year b/w doing the tryout and then getting the call up.

Let us know how you go.

After watching the show for years i can tell you to lock an answer in reasonably early even if you are unsure ..if Eddie asks "final answer ? " change your answer.

this is easier said than done... when i was up i was too busy reading the questions and possible answers to listen to what big ed was prattling on about.. the first 10 or so questions are fairly general knowledge not something you can study for other than reading news and keeping up with current events, remember the questions have to be easy enough for people at home to play along.

I auditioned at the 3rd ever audition back in 2009. Did well on the Quiz- my bit to Camera was pretty good (I'm a school teacher so have confidence when speaking to groups) but I never got a call back... until a month and a bit ago.

7 years I waited.

I had since moved interstate so they put me up in the travelodge docklands which was nice.

They taped 8 episodes the day I went on. I was in chair two.

I will let you guys know when my episode goes to air.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wear your Carlton jumper.
Probably a joke, but don't do this. Don't have your story as a footy one or about the magpies etc.

When I was there a producer told me they hated the amount of people that tried that and reminded us that the show airs in NSW and QLD and they don't give a * about that short of thing there.

NECROBUMP - flying over next week for an audition, I have maybe watched the show once, pretty good with trivia though.

I am reasonably young (early 30's) and a reasonably interesting looking piece of machinery - hopefully I can dredge up and interesting yarn to get me over the line

There looking for more contestants.

Only Victorians can apply though.

Auditions: Hot Seat | TV Tonight

"Auditions have opened once again for Hot Seat, but only for Victorian residents. due to current border restrictions.

Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, over 18 years of age,

Senior Producer Miles Reeves recently gave TV Tonight some tips on how to get selected."

If you haven't put your hand up to go on MHS then now is the time.

Daily Mail reporting the show will be axed and replaced with, believe it or not, something made with Australians but in the UK!

Done and dusted.

All the new episodes they need have been filmed.

After 23 years on air in Australia it is finishing this year.

Not sure what the tipping point was, still the 13th best ranked show on Australian television last night (29/3/23) but behind The Chase in 7th and 169,00 viewers maybe the reason?

Done and dusted.

All the new episodes they need have been filmed.

After 23 years on air in Australia it is finishing this year.

Not sure what the tipping point was, still the 13th best ranked show on Australian television last night (29/3/23) but behind The Chase in 7th and 169,00 viewers maybe the reason?
Isn't Tipping Point the show replacing Millionaire Hot Seat?

TV networks are just extremely frugal. I mean they only ever screen three new eps. a week of this with two repeats, have many non ratings periods. It's probably gotten to the stage where even this is considered largesse. Look at things like Border Security or RBT...you could make an endless amount of those, but they make only enough for repeats to be viable...maybe as few as six per year...!! Pathetic!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back