Analysis Has Hawthorn Ruined It For Everyone?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure I'd consider Richmond a defensive team, but your point made me think and the one common denominator of the majority of those defensive teams is Paul Roos. Longmire and Lyon are both Roos clones. Get rid of this defensive footy rubbish.
Boring as batshit.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Until Hodge raises the cup, I'm taking nothing for granted this year. Still need to win enough games to avoid a trip to Perth. That means navigating recent bogey sides Richmond/Port Adelaide, West Coast in Perth and Geelong, a side that will always make a game of it.

Definitely don't want a repeat of 2012.

Richmond don't play that different to us from what I've seen...kick, switch to attack...

The difference is they don't have our footskills or our forward line so they are often more conservative.

And I thought it was just me who thought that lol.
Quite often I'll think while watching other teams - "Hawks would never have turned that ball over there or would have nailed that pass etc..."
As I've said many times - enjoy this golden era while it's happening and while it lasts.

thought the same sitting in the crowd for the Richmond v Freo match, thinking they'd both be carved up.

My old man's always said "Hawks for better or worse, but never walk away from a good game of footy."

For the most part, it's been true. I do enjoy watching the Eagles this year (no choice really, given my wife's allegiance) and Collingwood at the start before their season went all fun-house mirror.

It's even better that the recent good games of footy involve the Hawks on almost every occasion :drunk:

Obviously after last nights insipid non-effort the answer to the OP is a resounding no.

All of the supporters of the pretend teams can sleep safe for the time being whilst Hawks supporters sweat it out as to which Hawks team will front up each week.

Well, at least it maintains interest in the competition. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back