Have we raised the white flag when it comes to Port Power?

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you, I cant be the only 1! Its sort of original! (PRETTY SURE LIVERPOOL DOESNT DO IT)
Its pretty cool, and i liked it much more when it was really loud.... As the season went on it got quieter!

Thoroughly agree - and I was convinced it got quieter too but nobody agreed - I really like it , it has a hard edge but needs to go much louder again ...... stuff whoever complained about the noise

Thoroughly agree - and I was convinced it got quieter too but nobody agreed - I really like it , it has a hard edge but needs to go much louder again ...... stuff whoever complained about the noise
One of the bigges criticisms, i have about our supporter base is just tooo f***** divided

One of the bigges criticisms, i have about our supporter base is just tooo f***** divided
F##KN oath! And it is the root of the problem. Fans coming from 9 clubs is an uneasy journey so far. You can't get everyone on side but in our instance over 25 yrs we've managed a difficult task.

F##KN oath! And it is the root of the problem. Fans coming from 9 clubs is an uneasy journey so far. You can't get everyone on side but in our instance over 25 yrs we've managed a difficult task.
And thats one of the things we fail to acknowledge! I just hope we can move from it and build a new start... Hopefully Fages has got a plan

And thats one of the things we fail to acknowledge! I just hope we can move from it and build a new start... Hopefully Fages has got a plan
Well, many things are on the go right now. The bROOm is in effect. The ROOvoluton is happening. I just hope people are not kidding themselves that this is going to be a seamless transition. There are going to be quite a few bumps on the road yet and because this is raw and our organisation hopefully expects a better fix than the last sharp spike.

OP, Someone has read too many Rucci articles.

You can't fight entrenched propaganda with facts.
Hope you are enjoying the hail of logical fallacies.

To be conned into ritual sacrifice to protect the status quo and dull the desire for war and found international fascist agencies is really something worthwhile praise...Cultures that worship death I personally find sickening.
Pretending something others do essentially enforcing death causes people to grow up instead of be traumatized is blatant double think and double speak parochialism for a state that would kill people not walking into gunfire, you lot could at least recognize the message behind the film hunger games at least, I don't expect much introspective thinking but hell that's put right in front of you.

I have a rock that keeps tigers away, if I dressed up in an authoritarian outfit would you lot be interested in buying it?
Our troops are constantly sent in to fight in areas and our governments spend money on death and sell garage rhetoric for aiding the killing of others in foreign land. Vanity...
For a moment there I thought I was reading something from a monty python script.

This seems to have turned in to a thread about marketing so im gonna to profess my love once again for both the 19th man and the CA-CAW sound after goals.

Also port suck.
I think the ca-caw sound after goals is a spur and should continue to be used. Out on the field it is probably the only PA thing that the players hear. Not saying that it is a distraction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the heck do you expect when we have a tread with the title like this one.

Now that is bloody pathetic.
As you may have noticed I've kept totally out of this thread, just like I've usually done with similar ones on any board over the years. :eek:

At least you have the choice mate, i only have to wink at one of the unmentionables on your board & my smiling face is soon no more.
That's because I'm not as naughty as you. :D

On another note, next time I'm driving through your town we will have to catch up for that beer we've been talking about for years.

Just pm me & we will catch up, we can have a gopher race up the main drag.:)
Hehe.
I've driven through there a few times in the last couple of years and strike me pink it is a hot place. The first beer usually disappears before you realise you've had a drink. :eek:
And that is coming from someone used to heat.

1) We seemed to be satisfied with our poor, almost non-existent marketing campaign leading up to the Adelaide Oval move. With their march, home game rights and publicity on public transport etc they killed us in the publicity stakes for one of the biggest events in SA football.
2) The strange decision by the AFC to accept a lesser SANFL deal compared to the deal Port Power get. I’m surprised the new administration hasn’t done anything about this yet.
3) Paddy Ryder. All we heard leading up to trade week was how desperately Port needed this play. Don’t we also desperately need this type of player?
4) Anzac weekend game at Adelaide Oval. I’ve heard Thomas bleet on more than one occasion that “port has a long association with the ANZACs” and therefore has the right to this game. Sorry mate, no one club or entity owns this special day. Anzac day is for all Australians and all football clubs.

"1) We seemed to be satisfied with our poor, almost non-existent marketing campaign leading up to the Adelaide Oval move. With their march, home game rights and publicity on public transport etc they killed us in the publicity stakes for one of the biggest events in SA football."

Why would the NEW CEO be worried 12 months on about stuff that's already happened, he will just make sure it doesn't happen twice. Remember he is giving members are far bigger say. Facts are Port got hit with a lot of band wagon support because of the move to Adelaide Oval. Give it another 12 months and those marches port are bleating about will have 200 people instead of 5000, eventually they will become a once of for a special occasion. Their success catapulted the attendance but they still couldn't beat us.

"2) The strange decision by the AFC to accept a lesser SANFL deal compared to the deal Port Power get. I’m surprised the new administration hasn’t done anything about this yet."

I will admit I don't know much about any of the deals happening between the SANFL and the Crows.

"3) Paddy Ryder. All we heard leading up to trade week was how desperately Port needed this play. Don’t we also desperately need this type of player?"

This is just rubbish. Paddy wanted to go to Port, not move to Adelaide and Port and Crows bid for his services. He also cost Port way more than they wanted to give up and aiming for a big player like paddy would have crippled all our other aims of trade week and crippled us come draft day. For a player that is likely to get a half year suspension, no thanks. You watch Port sook and moan when this happens to them. Kochie will be all over the media demanding its unfair.

"4) Anzac weekend game at Adelaide Oval. I’ve heard Thomas bleet on more than one occasion that “port has a long association with the ANZACs” and therefore has the right to this game. Sorry mate, no one club or entity owns this special day. Anzac day is for all Australians and all football clubs."

I agree but they stated their case to the AFL and the AFL agreed to give it to them. In the wash up, who cares. Isnt it about making Grand Final day and winning anyway?

What the heck do you expect when we have a tread with the title like this one.

Now that is bloody pathetic.

Maybe the "If you could be Neil Craigs shorts what colour would you be?" OR the "Vote: Favourite player hairstyles" threads might be more to your liking Nod?

There's a "Things that are hotter than Ollie Wines" thread on the Port bvoard you may be interested in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back