List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cmon for a guy his size still think talent he has worth having a crack at him
What? I never said he wasn't talented or that it wouldn't be worth having a crack at him. I simply said he hadn't played much because he was injury prone, not because the Dogs don't want to play him.

Cmon for a guy his size still think talent he has worth having a crack at him
The guy I feel that would’ve been worth trying to get for KPD depth was Nick Haynes. From all reports he was there to be had. Obviously not for some of the silly salary dump offers that were being floated but I think maybe we could’ve landed him with GWS paying a big chunk of his salary which by memory was heavily back ended. We could’ve then renegotiated a new decent front ended contract for him to entice him to come. He’s a corps of his former self but he’d be the perfect stop gap especially with our depleted stocks atm.

He ain't leaving a top four side for a bottom four side.
Make It Rain Money GIF

If anyone is curious of the clubs plan - Rob McCartney’s interview with the Hawks Insider’s crew was good.

Same stuff as has been talked about for years, but it does seem to be forgotten how well positioned we are in the FA/trade area moving forward.

Darcy will not leave the Bulldogs.
Ugle-Hagan would cost a minimum 2x first round picks, and even that probably won't be enough.

With Smith, do we really need a Jack Crisp type player?

Ugle-Hagan would cost a minimum 2x first round picks, and even that probably won't be enough.

Why wouldn't he? No one is gonna stay at club where they're played out position or worse stuck in the VFL. End of the day player will do what's best for them regardless of the family connection.

Why wouldn't he? No one is gonna stay at club where they're played out position or worse stuck in the VFL. End of the day player will do what's best for them regardless of the family connection.
Same could be said for Rhylee West, but he's still there and looks like he'll finally be in their best 22.
Talls take time to develop. If/when he reaches a level good enough to play AFL level, they'll gladly kick Lobb out of the side and let Darcy play ruck/fwd.

cant recall anyone going for more than 2 likely top 5 picks. Of course they’ll ask for more but that sounds about right to me after all emotion goes out of it. Tough part will be getting him to nominate us, don’t see it happening
He'd only nominate us if he believed we had the collateral to get it done. Which I don't believe we do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Bailey Smith wants to join us, he does. Rob McCartney listed an outside mid as one of our major list needs during his conversation about our FA/trade targets. Can’t get more direct than the head of football saying it.

Biggest problem is the cats, we’d be mad not to admit they would also be an attractive club for him.

If Bailey Smith wants to join us, he does. Rob McCartney listed an outside mid as one of our major list needs during his conversation about our FA/trade targets. Can’t get more direct than the head of football saying it.

Biggest problem is the cats, we’d be mad not to admit they would also be an attractive club for him.
Bailey Smith isn't really an outside mid though. The murmurs about him being unhappy were supposedly because the coach kept playing him on the wing when he's an inside mid through and through.

Yep,

Maybe The Coaches and Development people know more than big footy randoms.

Depends what he is looking for.

Both clubs can probs pay him a bunch so money not likely the issue. You'd expect to see us start to rise/challenge into the future, whereas they're clearly on the slide.

We can't give sweet land deals...

Yes, to a point.

But if a player of Smith's age is considering list demographics and potential success over the next 5-7 years, the Hawks are a far more attractive option.

Plus our history of luring and drafting former Hawthorn supporters to the club.

Geelong will always have that unique appeal, but I don't see how they could comfortably be selling future success like they could over previous seasons.

Yes, to a point.

But if a player of Smith's age is considering list demographics and potential success over the next 5-7 years, the Hawks are a far more attractive option.

Plus our history of luring and drafting former Hawthorn supporters to the club.

Geelong will always have that unique appeal, but I don't see how they could comfortably be selling future success like they could over previous seasons.
We werent too far off last season with him so not sure how that would change at all

If an outside mid is on the wanted list, then I hope we are going hard for Hugh McLuggage. Free agent at the end of the year so would only cost $$. Is of a great character as well. Perfect fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back