List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
English would be an amazing get. We are really weak at KPD, KPF and ruck. Let's hope two of the players we recruit are in those positions

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk
We could spend $800k+ on English, or keep the guy that beat him (in their last encounter) at like $350k.

What do you think we should do?

We could spend $800k+ on English, or keep the guy that beat him (in their last encounter) at like $350k.

If we are in a position to use our most available asset (cap space) to instantly improve our team for the next 5 years, we should.

If Reeves becomes as good we’d have to pay him anyway.

Although there’s sexier options, we can’t afford to not improve our team without giving up draft capital.

Cal Twomey saying we offered Todd Marshall 6 years at $900k.

If we are in a position to use our most available asset (cap space) to instantly improve our team for the next 5 years, we should. If Reeves becomes as good we’d have to pay him anyway. Although there’s sexier options, we can’t afford to not improve our team without giving up draft capital.
I'm the opposite.
We can't afford to spend an extra $500k on a guy Reeves can beat.

Cal Twomey saying we offered Todd Marshall 6 years at $900k.
I like Marshall & wanted us to chase him, but those numbers put him in the 'thank f**k we missed' box with McKay from the Shinbeggars

They literally just played against each other last week and English was comfortably the best ruckman on the ground.

As for the game late last year - it was fairly even, with English kicking a goal and being deemed the most impactful Doggies player. I think Reeves definitely beat him in round 7. Can't deny that Reeves has stood up last season against English in both games.

But the end of the day only one of them is an elite, top 2 ruckman. The only factor to consider is the money, which, IMO, could be put to better use.

They literally just played against each other last week and English was comfortably the best ruckman on the ground.

As for the game late last year - it was fairly even, with English kicking a goal and being deemed the most impactful Doggies player. I think Reeves definitely beat him in round 7. Can't deny that Reeves has stood up last season against English in both games.

But the end of the day only one of them is an elite, top 2 ruckman. The only factor to consider is the money, which, IMO, could be put to better use.
You'll forgive me for focusing on the 2x in-season games, not the pre-season game, yeah?

I think your post finished in agreeance (with mine), that we're better off spending the ~$500k elsewhere?

$500k helps retain 5-8 players, or helps attract 1-2 (maybe?).

No brainer, IMO.

Dominant ruckman are overrated... Apart from Gawn 2018, name me a dominant premiership ruckman...

You would probably have to go back all the way to Weagles 2006 (Cox) to find another.

Dominant ruckman are overrated... Apart from Gawn 2018, name me a dominant premiership ruckman...

You would probably have to go back all the way to Weagles 2006 (Cox) to find another.
I'll not accuse Gawn of being a Premiership Ruckman in 2018, but I agree with the sentiment.

He was pretty badass in 2021, though - I don't think they win it without him.

You'll forgive me for focusing on the 2x in-season games, not the pre-season game, yeah?

I think your post finished in agreeance (with mine), that we're better off spending the ~$500k elsewhere?

$500k helps retain 5-8 players, or helps attract 1-2 (maybe?).

No brainer, IMO.

Of course I'll forgive you, just don't do it again.

Yeah, I agree. If we're going to throw big money at someone it has to be a KPD or KPF.

He still did not come. It is going to take a huge offer. It is going to be hard to break the nexus.
Money always helps but more than that it’s about making the club appealing to these players.

Players have moved for less $$ than what other clubs have offered.

First step is moving up and playing finals, do that and players will be much more likely to want to join.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon, Brisbane, Geelong, Hawthorn, Richmond the best teams of the last 25 years, when Ottens is by far the best Ruckmen maybe Rucks just aren't that important.

There hasn't been lead tap-first premiership ruckman in forever, outside of Gawn. They have almost all been good to great around the ground though.

Hopefully Mitchell is simply ahead of the game with this.

Whoever we go after this year, need to make sure Mitch is not doing the “personal visit” to the player. Last year every time it was between us and other clubs, Mitch lost out to more seasoned coaches selling their club to free agents or trade targets. The guy might be a good coach, but needs to develop better convincing skills. Send rats instead.

English would be great signing and would instantly improve our side significantly.

Though maybe using our cash for KPP would be wiser (if there are any?).
No thanks on English at the cost. Overrated as an actual ruckmen and I think he gets a ton of junk touches that I don’t rate.

Last year every time it was between us and other clubs, Mitch lost out to more seasoned coaches selling their club to free agents or trade targets. The guy might be a good coach, but needs to develop better convincing skills. Send rats instead.
That’s exactly why we have Roughy back at the club 👍

Guess who got 3 Brownlow votes in that 7 game?

English certainly stood out to the umpires that day for some reason.

I hear what you are saying but the following were all dominant ruckmen in their premiership years.

Lade
Cox
Jolly
Ottens
Mumford
McEvoy
Gawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back