List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fully expecting player managers for Taylor, JUH etc to string us along with our enormous cap space to broker the best deals for their players
It’s part of the game- the hope is that other clubs won’t have the cap space to match our offers and that Roughy/Mitchell can work some magic…

Guess who got 3 Brownlow votes in that 7 game?

English certainly stood out to the umpires that day for some reason.

He did have some eye catching possessions - running out of the contest like a midfielder and hitting targets. He kicked 1.1 too.

3 Brownlow votes but no coaches votes, whilst Reeves got 3 coaches votes. Brownlow votes can be baffling sometimes.

He did have some eye catching possessions - running out of the contest like a midfielder and hitting targets. He kicked 1.1 too.

3 Brownlow votes but no coaches votes, whilst Reeves got 3 coaches votes. Brownlow votes can be baffling sometimes.

The brownlow/midfielders award is the last place to look for great performances. Only a select few get votes

Money always helps but more than that it’s about making the club appealing to these players.

Players have moved for less $$ than what other clubs have offered.

First step is moving up and playing finals, do that and players will be much more likely to want to join.
Could not agree more. It will definitely make the task easier. We have to show we are ready to break out though. All the Club knows it. It is a bit like chicken and egg.

Could not agree more. It will definitely make the task easier. We have to show we are ready to break out though. All the Club knows it. It is a bit like chicken and egg.
In that chickens break out of eggs?

Coaches Votes are the pinnacle
Agree 💯.

Last year, the umpires were not allowed to look at stats before voting and there were ~35 games where the 3 Brownlow votes went to a player who didn't receive any coaches votes. English in R7 was one.

Coaches also give votes to Forwards and Defenders which almost never happens in the Brownlow. Charlie Cameron kicks 7 and Lachie Neale gets 3 votes 🥴

Agree 💯.

Last year, the umpires were not allowed to look at stats before voting and there were ~35 games where the 3 Brownlow votes went to a player who didn't receive any coaches votes. English in R7 was one.

Coaches also give votes to Forwards and Defenders which almost never happens in the Brownlow. Charlie Cameron kicks 7 and Lachie Neale gets 3 votes 🥴

Neale was an underwhelming winner last season. IMO he was in the latter half of the top 10 best performed players.

Priority should be Sam Taylor who I rate as the best fullback in the game atm. JUH would be amazing but the back half needs more pillars, Sic isn’t old old but he isn’t young (in footy terms).

Smith would be a good get for some xfactor but he isn’t a free agent is he? Would take just for coin but if the other two players are in play then you prioritise them for sure.

Priority should be Sam Taylor who I rate as the best fullback in the game atm. JUH would be amazing but the back half needs more pillars, Sic isn’t old old but he isn’t young (in footy terms).

Smith would be a good get for some xfactor but he isn’t a free agent is he? Would take just for coin but if the other two players are in play then you prioritise them for sure.

POR.QUE.NO.LOS.DOS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think splashing some big coin to get some good players will be needed to help rise up the ladder.

From there we could hope for some Frawley types who come for success rather than just a pay day.

Don’t really see the value in spending all that $ on a ruckman when you can get by with a serviceable one (which Reeves is already is at a minimum) and spend the money in where we really have holes (key forward, key back).
To me a serviceable ruckman is someone like Darcy Cameron / Toby Nankervis / Reilly O'Brien.

I'm not sure we can put Reeves at that level yet given his lack of impact outside of the ruck contest.

English is a freak in that he has the mobility of a midfielder yet is 206cm tall. He's like two players for the price of one when you have him in your team.

English + Taylor would be a massive win. Turn two weaknesses into big strengths. I think Jamarah is a pipe dream. Don’t think we need smith for the cost it’ll take, but would be a good get nonetheless.
We probably don’t need smith, but if we’ve made a promise to his manager, can’t afford to burn that bridge given the power managers have these days.

English + Taylor would be a massive win. Turn two weaknesses into big strengths. I think Jamarah is a pipe dream. Don’t think we need smith for the cost it’ll take, but would be a good get nonetheless.
Agree that would be massive and I can see us pulling both those trades off with a bit of luck. English probably the more likely of the two.

Imagine our side tommorow with English in the Ruck and Taylor at Centre Half Back 🤩

JUH, yes forget about it not gonna happen.

I know its hard to see right now, but Reeves could be the best ruck in 2-3 years.
This is the year he will need to prove that is possible.

He's been in the system long enough now and he's no spring chicken anymore.

I'd say his form this year will go a long way to determining whether the club goes hard at English at years end.

I'd say his form this year will go a long way to determining whether the club goes hard at English at years end.
He’s 9 feet tall and for mine his tap work has been awesome. I agree with most in that he needs to improve around the ground but I’m not sure that people realise what a positive his tap dominance is, particularly with the high class midfield we’re building.

He’s 9 feet tall and for mine his tap work has been awesome. I agree with most in that he needs to improve around the ground but I’m not sure that people realise what a positive his tap dominance is, particularly with the high class midfield we’re building.
Depends on how much emphasis you put on winning hitouts.

I was at the Hawks vs Blues game last year and the Blues used Jack Silvagni (the very definition of a journeyman utility) in the ruck that day and he was close to best on ground.

Naturally he barely won a hitout (although he competed hard in the ruck) but he blitzed both Reeves and Meek around the ground.

Admittedly that was a dirty day for plenty of Hawks players but still worth noting.

In answer, i rate really pure hit outs highly. Hit outs for the sake of the stat not so much. Others may see it differently but to me Reeves’ hit outs are very often Naitanui style clean hit outs which have value. I’m not saying he’s the be all and end all of ruckman but I do think you need to make the most of what you’ve got, particularly when you have players with elite or close to elite abilities. It’s the same reason I’m a supporter of Finn maginness tagging until it stops working.

He always wins a lot of taps. Needs to just turn those taps to advantage. Although that’s a two way street with midfielders. I think he’s the least of our worries, getting a backline that can defend quick clearance enteries, teaching mids not to lob high balls to out numbered fwds , and teaching key positions to complete would be higher priority right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back