Preview Hawks vs West Coast, Rd 18 2015 OUT: Hale IN: Ceglar

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking Hill may get a full game this week just based on him originally being a West Australian?....knowing playing conditions there better than others?.....maybe played plenty of junior games there?.....might have friends and family watching?....

Personally, and this is obviously my opinion so no-one has to agree/like it, but I'm not sold on Hilly yet. I know he's had some very good games (even in finals), but his sustainability is poor. Needs to be tougher....more often. Poster's have called him elite and in top 3 wingman in the league.....Definitely not for mine....and we just have to agree to disagree.
And FWIW, I'd have his bro over him in an instant.
Ok.....think I'll start ducking now....

Ceglar has to play against Naitanui, we can't play 2 ruckman who can barely jump as he would have a field day. Ceglar can at least make some of his hitouts contested. I think McEvoy is in better form than Hale so he should get the 2nd ruck spot

After introducing myself last week, it has taken me a few days to make my first real contribution. Damn it I am too used to seeing the Hawks win...take way too long to get over a loss.

Seems this is where I start. I think if you look back on the tapes you will find that whenever Hale has played Natanui, he has played him very well. What I admire about Hale is not just his endeavour but he is very quick thinking for a big bloke and has a specific plan against his immediate ruckman. When in form, I think Hale is our best bet to put Natanui off his game. I am not sure if he is playing all that well though. He looks tired.

You didn't like McEvoy's previous 3 weeks?

Particularly his game against Sandilands?

He isn't up against Sandilands this week, that's for sure.

It was good, but he's had his 3 weeks. Time for Ceglar to do his 3 weeks of good followed by a spud week where McEvoy comes back In and it repeats.
This is how it normally works but right now Hale is cooked and is crying out for a rest , he is physically knackered and needs a week not playing any footy. McEvoy and Cegs will take nic nat.

It was good, but he's had his 3 weeks. Time for Ceglar to do his 3 weeks of good followed by a spud week where McEvoy comes back In and it repeats.

Is this a new 3 week rule for ruckmen ?

Clarko is so innovative!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Ceglar
Out: Hale or McEvoy. Both were terrible tonight. Schoenmakers showed more than both of them in the ruck.

I was bewildered with Hale being subbed off.

We then had hardly any forward line.

What was the go with that?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I've got the same feeling. Funny as it may seem I was always more worried about the Tigers as they are ready now for a flag tilt, while the Weagles are playing out of their skin and I don't believe as good as they're playing.!
And I dont believe Richmond are good enough to consistently repeat last Friday nights form either.

We played s**t....end of story.

I was bewildered with Hale being subbed off.

We then had hardly any forward line.

What was the go with that?

Hawthorn hardly had a forward line when Hale played. He didn't impact the scoreboard and took one mark for the game. I think he's been struggling for the past few weeks but Hawthorn's overall superiority has masked it. In 11 games so far this season, Hale has averaged 9.6 disposals per game, which is his lowest since he joined the club back in time for the 2011 season (he averaged 10.2 disposals per game last season). More worryingly, given that Hawthorn is asking Hale to play as a forward-ruck, he is averaging just 2.3 marks per game, which is down from 3.5 marks per game last season.

Given he is now into his 30s and his body has taken a battering for the best part of 12 years, if I were on the selection committee, I would think long and hard as to which of the three ruckmen (I'll exclude Pittonet as he's too raw and inexperienced and Grimley because, well, he's Grimley) I would play on Saturday night.

We're challenging the Lake fine!!
That.....was a freaking joke.

Every aspect of Aussie rules has the potential to injure someone ffs.

Some consistency from those MRP twerps would be good. Are you listening Sewelly......????

Good luck on Saturday night and no injuries please, I have no animosity towards a team who prevented my two most hated teams from saluting in the past two years. :D
image3.jpg

Hawthorn hardly had a forward line when Hale played. He didn't impact the scoreboard and took one mark for the game. I think he's been struggling for the past few weeks but Hawthorn's overall superiority has masked it. In 11 games so far this season, Hale has averaged 9.6 disposals per game, which is his lowest since he joined the club back in time for the 2011 season (he averaged 10.2 disposals per game last season). More worryingly, given that Hawthorn is asking Hale to play as a forward-ruck, he is averaging just 2.3 marks per game, which is down from 3.5 marks per game last season.

Given he is now into his 30s and his body has taken a battering for the best part of 12 years, if I were on the selection committee, I would think long and hard as to which of the three ruckmen (I'll exclude Pittonet as he's too raw and inexperienced and Grimley because, well, he's Grimley) I would play on Saturday night.
I don't think we can play Hale this week. give him a rest and see how he responds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back